Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2009 (or, in Super Bowl nomenclature, MMIX)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NFL 2009 (or, in Super Bowl nomenclature, MMIX)

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Well, we may not have won, but at least we hurt Tom Brady.
    It's the third week of preseason and you're already looking for moral victories? Man, the Redskins ARE bad.
    Cornell University Men's Hockey
    NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
    Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Knowing Bellichick, the arm either needed to be amputated or he had a paper cut. No one is going to know until week 1.

I can't wait for an entire season of extra chromosomed jackanapes on ESPN hoping they cheap shot our QB!!!11!!!1! Class, the essence of the american sports fan.
      Last edited by Jon; 08-29-2009, 10:12 AM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Wow. Nice.

Comment

I love reading posts by people taking relief or outright pleasure in at least injuring a star player they don't like.

Personally, I hate Brett Favre. Do I hope he gets injured? Nope.

But hey, the Redskins did lose to the Pats and they did injure Tom Brady. and, thanks to French Rage, I can now hope the following:

I hope that the Redskins avoid the injury bug. That's right, they're 100% healthy. And they go 0-16.

No, that's too harsh.

I hope the Pats play the REdskins this year, Brady doesn't play and the Pats backup lights up the Redskins and blows them out of the water. "Hey, we may have injured Tom Brady, but we still look like panzies against what's his name the meaningless nobody backing up Tom Brady." Who's it going to be? Andrew Walter? Kevin O'Connell? Brian Hoyer?

Good grief, that would be PRICELESS (not the poster)!!!

But hey, at least I hope Campbell doesn't get injured.

And, no, I'm not a Pats fan. I had to google their roster just to know who the heck is on their team.

But I do find it despicable to see people happy for injuring a player. Truly despicable.
          Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            Knowing Bellichick, the arm either needed to be amputated or he had a paper cut. No one is going to know until week 1.

I can't wait for an entire season of extra chromosomed jackanapes on ESPN hoping they cheap shot our QB!!!11!!!1! Class, the essence of the american sports fan.
            I think it's probably more in the middle. Like a scraped elbow, or a mosquito bite.

Nowhere is this class more shown the the show FANarchy.
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

We could be like the "football" fans over in Europe that instead have to be segregated in the stands between which teams they support. Or we could be like the fans that cut off the head of the goalie that lost our club the qualifier game.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Sarcasm, people, sarcasm. It's ridiculous to care about the final score of a preseason game and more ridiculous than usual to want to count an injuryas an accomplishment.
                Last edited by French Rage; 08-29-2009, 12:49 PM.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Stay away from Twitter. Far, far away. I saw folks saying that on there last night, then saw the hit myself and wondered what the hell they were yelling about.
                  R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                    Stay away from Twitter. Far, far away. I saw folks saying that on there last night, then saw the hit myself and wondered what the hell they were yelling about.
                    Yead looked like he just fell to me. Granted the only thing Sportscenter showed of the game was the 2-second clip of the injury, so there was nothing of the play (or the rest of the same at all for that matteR) leading up to it.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

Originally posted by redwing77 View Post
                      But hey, at least I hope Campbell doesn't get injured.
                      But then you would face the wrath of Zomg Colt Brennan! With his Jessica Simpson powers he will lead the Skins to as many playoffs victories as Tony Romo did when he was with her!

KDR

Comment

Yead looked like he just fell to me. Granted the only thing Sportscenter showed of the game was the 2-second clip of the injury, so there was nothing of the play (or the rest of the same at all for that matteR) leading up to it.
                        Right, I don't know how you expect a defender that's already started tackling the player to stop lunging through him. Breaking down hits like that in slow motion is stupid. He got to him in time, he put him on his butt - case closed.
                        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                          Right, I don't know how you expect a defender that's already started tackling the player to stop lunging through him. Breaking down hits like that in slow motion is stupid. He got to him in time, he put him on his butt - case closed.
                          And it's Haynesworth, if he wants to do something on purpose I believe his chosen weapon is headstomping.

KDR

Comment

GLM- I'm just going to stay far far away from the intertubes and hope people start acting like humans at some point in the near future. Yee hah.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Lovie Smith has threesomes with Jay Cutler?
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Comments like this could turn even me into a Tom Brady fan. Stop it.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X