Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cars: 2015

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cars: 2015

    Kep, I had a 2016 Forrester loaner when I took my '14 Impreza in for service. They have gotten VERY big, it is taller than our 2013 Outback. No longer the little SUV they used to be. Had good acceleration and was quite roomy, mileage was worse than my Impreza for driving the same route. Still over 30 for average of city/freeway driving (where my Impreza gets 35+).

    It had sensors that drove me nuts with "lane departure warnings." Yes I am on a solid line, but it's on an empty curvy road and I cut those curves dammit.

  • #2
    Re: Cars: 2015

    Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    It had sensors that drove me nuts with "lane departure warnings."
    I believe those warnings are all customizable.

    I've had my '14 Crosstrek for just shy of 18 months and absolutely love it. Other than being a bit underpowered with only a 2.0, the 33+ mpg and sporty styling more than make up for it. I chose it over the Forester due to the size difference and better looks.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Cars: 2015

      Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
      I believe those warnings are all customizable.

      I've had my '14 Crosstrek for just shy of 18 months and absolutely love it. Other than being a bit underpowered with only a 2.0, the 33+ mpg and sporty styling more than make up for it. I chose it over the Forester due to the size difference and better looks.
      You're getting better MPG out of yours than I am out of mine. I must drive mine harder than you do yours. And I agree, the lack of power is irritating. I can't decide if it's the torque or the design of the CVT.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

      "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

      "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Cars: 2015

        http://jalopnik.com/volkswagen-wiped...ite-1734668021

        Yeesh.

        Also, there's this:
        http://jalopnik.com/this-is-the-last...ver-1734671769
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Cars: 2015

          Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
          Kep, I had a 2016 Forrester loaner when I took my '14 Impreza in for service. They have gotten VERY big, it is taller than our 2013 Outback. No longer the little SUV they used to be.
          Yep - pretty much a Subaru CR-V / RAV-4 at this point.
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Cars: 2015

            Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            You're getting better MPG out of yours than I am out of mine. I must drive mine harder than you do yours. And I agree, the lack of power is irritating. I can't decide if it's the torque or the design of the CVT.
            Around town it's only 26-28, combined is right around 30, and all highway I can get 33-34 if I don't push it.

            The CVT took getting used to for sure. It's not so much a lack of power, but you can't baby the CVT at slow speeds... you need to roll into the throttle and keep the RPM's up until it upshifts to 3rd gear. Still infinitely better than the 14-15 mpg I was getting out of my old Dakota pickup.
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
            2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
            2014 East Regional
            2015 West Regional
            2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
            2019 Midwest Regional

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Cars: 2015

              I'd buy a Rav before a Subaru if you are at all tall. The last Subaru I got in I needed a shoe horn to get into. My wife gets 28 with hers, 4 cylinder auto. Has plenty of get and go also
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

              Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Cars: 2015

                I heartily recommend the Mini Cooper. I have the 2008 and it gets ~37 miles to the gallon (mostly highway and a stickshift). It is surprisingly good in the snow d/t it's weight. I would recommend it if you're overly tall, but my hubs drives it and he's 6'ish 300ish. I will get the S model next time, though the base model comes with "sport" mode.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Cars: 2015

                  Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                  Around town it's only 26-28, combined is right around 30, and all highway I can get 33-34 if I don't push it.

                  The CVT took getting used to for sure. It's not so much a lack of power, but you can't baby the CVT at slow speeds... you need to roll into the throttle and keep the RPM's up until it upshifts to 3rd gear. Still infinitely better than the 14-15 mpg I was getting out of my old Dakota pickup.
                  All right, that sounds much more like the numbers I'm getting. I usually come in around 29-30 during the summer, around 27 in the winter, always mixed driving.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

                  "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

                  "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                    I heartily recoemmer Dnd the Mini Cooper. I have the 2008 and it gets ~37 miles to the gallon (mostly highway and a stickshift). It is surprisingly good in the snow d/t it's weight. I would recommend it if you're overly tall, but my hubs drives it and he's 6'ish 300ish. I will get the S model next time, though the base model comes with "sport" mode.
                    I tried a Cooper but stayed with Volvo, getting a C30 T5 R Design. Much more comfortable for me than the Mini so I'll sacrifice the gas mileage. I get about 27-29 mpg even with my lead foot!
                    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Cars: 2015

                      Anyone here own a car with a ZF 9HP nine-speed transmission? Just curious on your insights. Especially if it's in an Acura.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Cars: 2015

                        Those Krazy Krauts, you just can't stay made at 'em.

                        EPA Finds 10,000 Additional Audi, Porsche And VW Diesels Faked Emissions

                        Federal regulators said today they had found 10,000 additional diesel engines in Volkswagen Group vehicles—including Audi sedans and Porsche SUVs—that fake their emissions under testing through software, adding another layer to the scandal engulfing the German automaker.

                        But Volkswagen denied the accusation, saying it had no software in those engines that did what U.S. regulators claimed.

                        If upheld, the test results would belie VW’s statements six weeks ago that a software program which could sense whether a vehicle was being tested by authorities was only installed in four-cylinder turbodiesels. VW has said 11 million vehicles worldwide were affected by that software, and has pledged to spend billions of dollars bringing them into compliance. The scandal has led to the ouster of VW’s CEO and investigations around the world.

                        The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency said its testing uncovered similar software in seven new models equipped with 3-liter V-6 diesels: the 2014 Volkswagen Touareg, 2015 models of the Porsche Cayenne and 2016 models of the Audi A6 Quattro, Audi A7 Quattro, Audi A8 and Audi Q5.

                        “VW has once again failed its obligation to comply with the law that protects the air for all Americans,” said Cynthia Giles, EPA’s Assistant Administrator for Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance.
                        Last edited by St. Clown; 11-02-2015, 03:51 PM. Reason: Junk new color scheme that makes it impossible to differentiate between normal text and hyperlink text.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

                        "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

                        "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Those Krazy Krauts, you just can't stay made at 'em.

                          EPA Finds 10,000 Additional Audi, Porsche And VW Diesels Faked Emissions
                          Well, ****. Now I DO have to pay close attention to this, with my 2014 Touareg. **** it all.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Cars: 2015

                            This clusterfark is now expanded to gasoline cars...

                            VW may not survive this when it's all said and done...
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Cars: 2015

                              Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              This clusterfark is now expanded to gasoline cars...

                              VW may not survive this when it's all said and done...
                              They'll have to sell off assets, like Porsche or some other subsidiaries, but VW itself will survive. It wouldn't be surprising if they get a loan from the German government to help keep the company afloat.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

                              "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

                              "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X