Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 9: The Carlos Guillen edition

Aw, hell. Broken record time.

K-Rod in the game when we're down by 2.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

No nuclear disaster tonight. I am mildly amazed.

God, that was fun...

Comment

So let me get this straight. This guy couldn't throw it in the ocean from a battleship, and you swing 3-0 with the bases loaded. Then two pitches later you stand there with your dick in your hand while you take a called 3rd to end the game, with Miggy on deck.

God, that was fun...

Comment

You weren't kidding about your bullpen.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Nope.

I don't know where we found this mentally handicapped Amish man to pitch the 8th, but he's making one hell of a mess.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              I don't know where we found this mentally handicapped Amish man to pitch the 8th, but he's making one hell of a mess.
              I'm here. He's doing a fine job!! Making up for the fact that one of the Tigers fouled a ball off right to the two people sitting next to me. First baseball game ever. I've been going to games for 40 years in these seats and have never got a foul ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                I'm here. He's doing a fine job!! Making up for the fact that one of the Tigers fouled a ball off right to the two people sitting next to me. First baseball game ever. I've been going to games for 40 years in these seats and have never got a foul ball.
                I got one a few years ago at a Toledo Mud Hens game. I've been close 3 other times since my first game in 1983.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I didn't need to see an 8th inning deep bomb in Boston ever again.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    I didn't need to see an 8th inning deep bomb in Boston ever again.
                    I think it's commonplace when we go there now.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      I have been going to baseball games for 56 years. One was close at a Giants-Mets game at Shea. The rest-not a whiff.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Well, this 3rd inning ensures that Verlander will exit before the 7th inning.

God, that was fun...

Comment

92 pitches thru 4. He might not finish the 6th.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Okay, you can tell that they've been into the booze on the air. This boob just called Iglesias the best SS in the AL.

My freaking foot. I can name 3 SS's better, and when Gleybar Torres arrives in NY, there will be four: Lindor, Correa, Bogaerts, and sooner or later, Torres.

God, that was fun...

Comment

You need to sack the bullpen.

Not that I'm minding.....
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                You need to sack the bullpen.

Not that I'm minding.....
                                We've been screwing around with the bullpen for the better part of a decade now. There's not much in the minors to turn to.

It's 6-3 now, and I think this one is settled. Although I might watch K-Rod to see how much damage he does tonight.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X