X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movie Thread: Grab Some Popcorn, Enjoy The Show

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    It's brilliant all the way to the end. You will not be disappointed.
    I was not.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    It's AWESOME!
    Everything is cool when you're part of the team!

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
    Spaceship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I own The Lego Movie as well. But as a collector of Lego, I am disappointed in myself that I did not see it in theaters.
    I was also disappointed I didn't see it in theaters.

"That's okay. I really didn't want to build a spaceship anyway." (kicks his half-built spaceship and it falls apart)
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

TCM is running a series of John Houston WW-II films. Right now is "Let there be Light" about soldiers suffering from PTSD. Cripes!! Makes you.want to cry. Isn't war supposed to be glorious??

Still a toss up on the best anti war film between "All Quiet on the Western Front" or "Paths of Glory".
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        TCM is running a series of John Houston WW-II films. Right now is "Let there be Light" about soldiers suffering from PTSD. Cripes!! Makes you.want to cry. Isn't war supposed to be glorious??

Still a toss up on the best anti war film between "All Quiet on the Western Front" or "Paths of Glory".
        Full Metal Jacket is still up there for me. Haven't seen a TON of old movies on the subject, and I only ("only") grew up with the Kuwait conflict (it was never a war ).
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The 1930 version of All Quiet is the best war film ever made. It should be required viewing for males when they turn 18:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ePKtOwzdIA
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Hmm....

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/ro...ot-1201567956/
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Why...
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Why...
                It's because you touch yourself at night.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  "I used to **** guys like you in prison"
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    The 1930 version of All Quiet is the best war film ever made. It should be required viewing for males when they turn 18:

I can't decide between that and Paths of Glory.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      I can't decide between that and Paths of Glory.
                      I need to re-watch it.

The film they should really show all 18-year old males the world over is Johnny Got His Gun. Nobody's going to believe a word from any recruiter after that.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm not sure I could stomach a movie version of that novel. It was probably the best book I had to read for 11th grade lit, but I haven't re-read it since.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          I'm not sure I could stomach a movie version of that novel. It was probably the best book I had to read for 11th grade lit, but I haven't re-read it since.
                          I reread it about every ten years, and each time it means more. Reading it as a father is an experience of cold rage.
                          Cornell University

Comment

When I picked up the Lego Movie, I also bought Home (the alien movie with Jim Parsons and Rihanna) and Big Hero 6.

I thought Home was decent; had its moments. If I need a Sunday afternoon time filler, that's it.

I'll get to Big Hero 6 tomorrow.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

The Escapist:

Guy finds out his daughter is near death, enlists inmates to escape. Decent movie, although a little confusing at first, as there is a subplot or two that doesn't really tie in for a while. Worth a watch, I suppose.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Received an e-mail from Amazon today, thought some of you might be interested: Up to 60% Off in Movies & TV until September 30.

Just as an example, should you want to purchase the Essential Art House: 50 Years of Janus Films, which normally goes for $849.95, it's now $417.99. (But there's "only 4 left in stock.") Otherwise, there is a lot to choose from.

Please forgive me for being a shill for Amazon.

Just got done watching the 4 disc set Monsters and Madmen from Criterion: The Haunted Strangler (Boris Karloff); Corridors of Blood (Boris Karloff); First Man into Space; and The Atomic Submarine.

Anyone else ever seen these B films from the late 50s? Pretty tame "horror" and Sci-fi. Not my interest exactly, but I enjoyed watching Karloff and the rudimentary Sci-fi films.
                                NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Working...
                                X