This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
    So how is this a Marvel film not by Marvel? I thought they were going to doing all of theirs from now on. Some studio buy the rights to Deadpool a long time ago?
    http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainm...tml/?a=viewall
    It is a film about a marvel comic character not done directly by marvel studios.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Re: Movie Thread: Grab Some Popcorn, Enjoy The Show

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      Moonraker had the best ending. I mean, actual final lines.

"What's Bond doing?"

"I believe he's attempting re-entry."
      "Keeping the British end up" was nice as well.

I once read a really funny story about Broccoli and one of the other Bond execs sitting around thinking up stupider and stupider double entendres and asking themselves if they could get away with them.
      Last edited by Kepler; 02-24-2016, 01:28 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Worst ending ever was Silver Linings Playbook.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Worst ending ever was Silver Linings Playbook.
          Especially for a Bond film.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Especially for a Bond film.
            For a Bond Film it'd be in the top 10.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              "Keeping the British end up" was nice as well.

I once read a really funny story about Broccoli and one of the other Bond execs sitting around thinking up stupider and stupider double entendres and asking themselves if they could get away with them.
              Speaking of double entendres.....
              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                Or Kill Bill?

Or Return of the King?

Or No Country?
                Vol II. It was so anti-climatic. She spends two movies chasing down her tormentor, sits down to have a chat and it ended with a whimper.

Return of the King wouldn't end.

No Country - they abruptly cut to a scene in which the protagonist is dead. Even though you knew he wasn't going to make it out alive I thought it was a messy cut, you have no idea what happens to his wife, no idea what happens to Anton, and *** was Tommy Lee talking about at the end?

btw I forgot The Ninth Gate, 2001 (A Space Oddity), Sunshine...

Comment

Kill Bill I thought was a nice poetic ending. Nothing outrageous, which is very unlike Tarantino.

No Country...brilliant. So slow, dry, and fit the movie quite well.

On another note, ended up buying "Red Army" and "Straight Outta Compton" (Blu-Ray). The latter has the Detroit show, and the director's cut, so am pretty pumped to see those bonus features. Haven't looked really hard, but having some difficulty finding "Of Miracles And Men" on DVD outside a full 30 For 30 Box set.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Has Shamalamadingdong ever properly ended a movie? All of his twist endings are lame as $hit.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Has Shamalamadingdong ever properly ended a movie? All of his twist endings are lame as $hit.
                      You didn't like Sixth Sense?
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Has Shamalamadingdong ever made a good movie?
                        No.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          You didn't like Sixth Sense?
                          I predicted the ending halfway through.

Comment

It's too bad the entire movie was a twist ending and there wasn't, you know, an entire rest of the movie to enjoy.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Me too, I think even before halfway through. When he's talking to his wife and she doesn't answer.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I knew something wasn't quite right, that he was different, but didn't have it figured out entirely. Thought it might've been a long nightmare from a coma or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X