Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Thread: Grab Some Popcorn, Enjoy The Show

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Movie Thread: Grab Some Popcorn, Enjoy The Show

    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Rewatched A Few Good Men...still love it
    Haha, no sh!!t. I watched that Saturday. It is a pretty **** good movie.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

    Comment


    • Re: Movie Thread: Grab Some Popcorn, Enjoy The Show

      Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      "I need my bat."
      I've had a few of those moments at work. Especially during the big shutdown we had. I had a sharpie that helped me think and keep track of everything on our "big board" situation update. Lots of Post-its were used that month.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

      Comment


      • Re: Movie Thread: Grab Some Popcorn, Enjoy The Show

        is there a worse ending to any movie than Total Recall (the original)?
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

        Comment


        • Re: Movie Thread: Grab Some Popcorn, Enjoy The Show

          Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          is there a worse ending to any movie than Total Recall (the original)?
          F that noise. That movie wails.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

          Comment


          • Re: Movie Thread: Grab Some Popcorn, Enjoy The Show

            Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            is there a worse ending to any movie than Total Recall (the original)?
            If you want to count "IT" as a movie, and not a mini-series...
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              F that noise. That movie wails.
              Arnold and that woman rolling around on the Mars surface gasping for air with the eyes bulging out is the wrist!!!
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

              Comment


              • Re: Movie Thread: Grab Some Popcorn, Enjoy The Show

                Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                is there a worse ending to any movie than Total Recall (the original)?
                Kill Bill Vol 2, American Gangster, Return of the Kings (Is it over yet? How about now?), Superman, War of the Worlds, No Country for Old Men, L.A. Confidential and every M Knight movie since Sixth Sense are holding on line 1.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Kill Bill Vol 2, American Gangster, Return of the Kings (Is it over yet? How about now?), Superman, War of the Worlds, No Country for Old Men, L.A. Confidential and every M Knight movie since Sixth Sense are holding on line 1.
                  What the hell was wrong with the end of LA Confidential?

                  Comment


                  • Re: Movie Thread: Grab Some Popcorn, Enjoy The Show

                    Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    What the hell was wrong with the end of LA Confidential?

                    Or Kill Bill?

                    Or Return of the King?

                    Or No Country?

                    Comment


                    • Re: Movie Thread: Grab Some Popcorn, Enjoy The Show

                      Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      is there a worse ending to any movie than Total Recall (the original)?
                      Yes; many, many worse. Off the top of my head from recent movies:

                      Spectre!!!! (worst ending of a decent movie I can recall)
                      Casino Royale (the whole final act)
                      There Will Be Blood ("I'm finished!" The scriptwirter could as easily have said "I'm out of ideas!")
                      The Dark Knight (and this is after I've come to be OK with the rest of the movie)
                      The Departed (granted: not fair since it applies to the whole movie)
                      Skyfall (I'm seeing a pattern here, Bond...)
                      Cowboys & Aliens (not the twist, just the resolution of the twist)

                      Edit: Man, I didn't even include Shamalamadingdong's oeuvre. Hat tip, Slap Shot.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                      Comment


                      • Re: Movie Thread: Grab Some Popcorn, Enjoy The Show

                        Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Return of the Kings (Is it over yet? How about now?)
                        Did you read the books? Jackson shortened the ending. A lot.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

                        "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

                        "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

                        Comment


                        • Re: Movie Thread: Grab Some Popcorn, Enjoy The Show

                          Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Yes; many, many worse. Off the top of my head from recent movies:

                          Spectre!!!! (worst ending of a decent movie I can recall)
                          Casino Royale (the whole final act)
                          Skyfall (I'm seeing a pattern here, Bond...)
                          Did you not include Quantum of Solace because the whole movie was bad?

                          I'll agree that the ending to Spectre was weak. The others? Not that terrible. The writing for Brosnan's Bond was way worse than Goldeneye.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                          Live Radio from 100.3

                          Comment


                          • Re: Movie Thread: Grab Some Popcorn, Enjoy The Show

                            Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            Did you not include Quantum of Solace because the whole movie was bad?
                            In all honesty, I couldn't even remember it.

                            A lot of Bond endings have been bad (my God, the end of The Living Daylights...), but the few that have been kick-*** save the whole franchise.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                            Comment


                            • Re: Movie Thread: Grab Some Popcorn, Enjoy The Show

                              Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              In all honesty, I couldn't even remember it.

                              A lot of Bond endings have been bad (my God, the end of The Living Daylights...), but the few that have been kick-*** save the whole franchise.
                              speaking of, is the caribbean safe yet to visit after that nuclear meltdown?!?!
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Movie Thread: Grab Some Popcorn, Enjoy The Show

                                Moonraker had the best ending. I mean, actual final lines.

                                "What's Bond doing?"

                                "I believe he's attempting re-entry."
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X