X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movie Thread: Grab Some Popcorn, Enjoy The Show

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    No one will sue because it is basically free advertising (havent seen the movie yet but have heard about the references) and will laughed out of court anyways. They all take jabs at each other it is half the fun. Hell Deadpool is just a ripoff of Deathstroke anyways and is often used as a jab. (just like Lobo was Keith Giffen riffing on Wolverine and trolling the ridiculous nature of the late 80s-mid 90s violence XTREME!!11!! comics)
    And it might fall under parody, which is basically un-sue-able to my knowledge.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      The Marvel movies made by Sony - Spider-Man and Fantastic 4 - will start to fall inline with the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but won't actually be made by Marvel Studios. Instead Marvel Studios will consult with Sony for their stand alone movies, and Sony will allow their characters to show up in Marvel Studios made movies. Basically, Sony was failing at making gobs and gobs of money they way Disney's Marvel movies and 20th Century Fox's movies were, so they decided to make this character concession in hopes of drumming up more support for their franchises that they've continually hosed over - that's why we're about to see the second reboot of Spider-Man and Fantastic 4 was just subjected to the worst reboot ever.

The Marvel Comics movies made by 20th Century Fox are not part of the MCU. As Scooby said, these mainly the X-Men titles and their affiliated brands like Deadpool. Pretty much every single character that's ever been produced in a Marvel comic has been listed into the contracts as to whether or not Studio XYZ can mention them in a movie, and that also goes for evil organizations like Hydra that appear in various comics, and the same goes for specific props and settings.

Deadpool pushed the limits on these contracts in a few spots, making veiled references to things they were supposed to mention. The question coming will be whether or not they get sued by the other studios for crossing the line or if they were vague enough to sneak one by the goalie.
      Fox owns Fantastic Four. Not Sony. Spiderman is the only character that Marvel has some control over again that was with another studio.

Deadpool was good. Fun. And funny as hell.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Is there somewhere where I can see the timelines for how all these movies and TV shows interact? Since they're all Marvel, they all tie in together somehow, right? I never really read any of the comics and only have seen less than a handful of the movies.

Also, for those who have seen Deadpool and/or read the comics: why is the character Boothe not Luke Cage from Jessica Jones?
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Also, for those who have seen Deadpool and/or read the comics: why is the character Boothe not Luke Cage from Jessica Jones?
          I don't even remember Boothe from the movie, but they probably don't have the rights to using Cage.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Is there somewhere where I can see the timelines for how all these movies and TV shows interact? Since they're all Marvel, they all tie in together somehow, right? I never really read any of the comics and only have seen less than a handful of the movies.

Marvel Movies and Marvel TV tie in together. Deadpool ties in I suppose with Fox and X-Men but nothing else.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              I missed that movie but I saw the end of Sabrina and then I watched the end of Now, Voyager. I'd add those to the ROM COM lists we were working on before. I had forgotten about them. Fact is there are so many old movies that are not ROM COM's cause they predate the term but are so good and so much better than the crap today it's startling.

Love Casablanca though. Can't go wrong there.
              I hope it was the Bogart/Hepburn Sabrina.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I don't even remember Boothe from the movie, but they probably don't have the rights to using Cage.
                The guy knocked out in the bar fight.
                Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Marvel Movies and Marvel TV tie in together. Deadpool ties in I suppose with Fox and X-Men but nothing else.
                Ah! Wait, the X-Men and Avengers were two separate universes? But... that doesn't explain the winks and heavy nods in Deadpool to the Avengers universe (ie: [spoiler]SHIELD Helicarrier they fight on in the end or Hydra Bob as one of the hench men.[/spoiler]
                Last edited by aparch; 02-20-2016, 12:19 PM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

http://marvel.com/movies/all - The ones considered part of the same timeline and connected in overall story are grouped together. The TV shows are on a separate page.

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/marvel-ci...line-avengers/ - This lists some other details or suggestions about how shows like Netflix's series fit into things.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

The winks and nods are because Deadpool is breaking the 4th wall and is saying he saw those movies.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      The winks and nods are because Deadpool is breaking the 4th wall and is saying he saw those movies.
                      Yeah, part of Deadpool's character is his wink wink nudge nudge fourth wall breaking.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I got that, but that doesn't explain the spoilers part in my post.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I got that, but that doesn't explain the spoilers part in my post.
                          The location of the finale is part of Deadpool pushing the boundaries of the movie studio contract. They wanted something that looked as much like what Marvel Studios has in their movies, but without it being directly tied. As for the character, they kept him vague for the same reason - he's just a guy with a common name that he knew from his military days.

Comment

The location of the finale is part of Deadpool pushing the boundaries of the movie studio contract. They wanted something that looked as much like what Marvel Studios has in their movies, but without it being directly tied. As for the character, they kept him vague for the same reason - he's just a guy with a common name that he knew from his military days.
                            Bingo. Plus if at some other date (wont happen in this decade) they do crossover they have this to go back to. Otherwise it is just fun talking points for fans.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Dope:

A complete geek who's obsessed with 90s hip-hop culture, and lives in a shady LA neighborhood gets mixed up in the drug game by accident.

Kind of a coming of age drama, with a lot of comedy in it. I thought it was really well done, and did a good balancing act between serious and funny. Well worth a watch.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Wait, there's also a Captain Marvel? I can't keep up.

Comment

Working...
                                X