This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movie Thread: Grab Some Popcorn, Enjoy The Show

When Deadpool comes out on blu-ray/DVD, they should have Ryan Reynolds do the commentary track in character. If that wouldn't be the ultimate wink/nod to the character then there isn't one.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Straight Outta Compton:

Excellent movie. O'Shea Jr....JFC. He IS his dad (better known as Ice Cube). Every mannerism, inflection in voice, EVERYTHING. The rest of the casting was really good, but **** for O'Shea. Yes, there is some fiction in the movie, go figure, but all was well done. The only real nitpick I had was the jumpiness in the movie after Cube left the group. There is a bit of filling in the blanks, if you are not a rap fan or at least don't know about the players at the time (Suge/Heller storylines, etc).

I will eventually buy the director's cut, that is for certain. Not only do I want to see the FULL version, but the extras sound awesome (live in DET concert, etc).
      It was really good. My only nit-pick is that the families had a piece of the movie so the portrayal of the last set of women was hagiographic, whereas in real life I'm sure they were exactly like the freight train of groupies who came before; they just happened to hit the jackpot.

I love that the hotel where they shot the infamous "trade show orgy" was exactly the same set as the scene with the SEC rep in The Big Short.

Also, the "Bye Felicia" nod was perfect.
      Last edited by Kepler; 02-19-2016, 07:17 AM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        When Deadpool comes out on blu-ray/DVD, they should have Ryan Reynolds do the commentary track in character. If that wouldn't be the ultimate wink/nod to the character then there isn't one.
        SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

All of it.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          It was really good. My only nit-pick is that the families had a piece of the movie so the portrayal of the last set of women was hagiographic, whereas in real life I'm sure they were exactly like the freight train of groupies who came before; they just happened to hit the jackpot.

I love that the hotel where they shot the infamous "trade show orgy" was exactly the same set as the scene with the SEC rep in The Big Short.

Also, the "Bye Felicia" nod was perfect.
          Which was reportedly improv'd.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Yes!

That would be akin to the Spinal Tap commentary track with the band in character.

It's like a second Spinal Tap movie and freaking hilarious.

Comment

Going to Deadpool tonight. I'm breaking my ban on all Marvel Films that aren't Marvel by doing so. It better be good.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                Yes!

That would be akin to the Spinal Tap commentary track with the band in character.

It's like a second Spinal Tap movie and freaking hilarious.
                I have that disc at home but never thought to check the commentary track. That will change shortly.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Going to Deadpool tonight. I'm breaking my ban on all Marvel Films that aren't Marvel by doing so. It better be good.
                  When you hear "Calendar Girl" by Neil Sedaka...avert thy eyes. Or don't.
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    So how is this a Marvel film not by Marvel? I thought they were going to doing all of theirs from now on. Some studio buy the rights to Deadpool a long time ago?
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Only an idiot wouldn't like it.

Comment

I have that disc at home but never thought to check the commentary track. That will change shortly.

It's so worthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          So how is this a Marvel film not by Marvel? I thought they were going to doing all of theirs from now on. Some studio buy the rights to Deadpool a long time ago?
                          Deadpool falls under the X-Men license that Fox owns.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                            Only an idiot wouldn't like it.

Great. I'll hate it then.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              The Marvel movies made by Sony - Spider-Man and Fantastic 4 - will start to fall inline with the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but won't actually be made by Marvel Studios. Instead Marvel Studios will consult with Sony for their stand alone movies, and Sony will allow their characters to show up in Marvel Studios made movies. Basically, Sony was failing at making gobs and gobs of money they way Disney's Marvel movies and 20th Century Fox's movies were, so they decided to make this character concession in hopes of drumming up more support for their franchises that they've continually hosed over - that's why we're about to see the second reboot of Spider-Man and Fantastic 4 was just subjected to the worst reboot ever.

The Marvel Comics movies made by 20th Century Fox are not part of the MCU. As Scooby said, these mainly the X-Men titles and their affiliated brands like Deadpool. Pretty much every single character that's ever been produced in a Marvel comic has been listed into the contracts as to whether or not Studio XYZ can mention them in a movie, and that also goes for evil organizations like Hydra that appear in various comics, and the same goes for specific props and settings.

Deadpool pushed the limits on these contracts in a few spots, making veiled references to things they were supposed to mention. The question coming will be whether or not they get sued by the other studios for crossing the line or if they were vague enough to sneak one by the goalie.

Comment

No one will sue because it is basically free advertising (havent seen the movie yet but have heard about the references) and will laughed out of court anyways. They all take jabs at each other it is half the fun. Hell Deadpool is just a ripoff of Deathstroke anyways and is often used as a jab. (just like Lobo was Keith Giffen riffing on Wolverine and trolling the ridiculous nature of the late 80s-mid 90s violence XTREME!!11!! comics)
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X