X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Clown
    replied
    Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Add to the list of reboots, prequels, sequels, and generally ripped off story lines, Fox is making a made-for-TV movie - it's a remake of Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    The problem is that networks are scared of original ideas because the perception is the public is less likely to give it a chance...
    It's not just perception, it's reality. Movies based upon original scripts haven't performed nearly as well as the box office as those based upon established characters. Society, as a whole, is more comfortable with that which we're already familiar.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

The problem is that networks are scared of original ideas because the perception is the public is less likely to give it a chance...

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

Saw the 2:40 trailer for Exorcist. It looks...meh. Geena Davis and Alan Ruck (Cameron!) play the parents. It seems like it is more like Amityville Horror than the Exorcist. The house is possessed, not the daughter. Huh? I don't see how they are going to turn this into a full TV series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NH3ffAp9aA
    Last edited by ticapnews; 05-16-2016, 06:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SteveP
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    A MacGyver re-make? JFC, nothing is sacred anymore.
    Is there no one in Hollywood or NYC that can come up with an original idea that is worth watching?

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    JFC, this is sad:

“Time After Time”: Based on the 1979 movie
    “MacGyver”: A redo of the 1980s-90s ABC series
    “Training Day”: Based on the 2001 movie
    “Frequency”: Based on the 2000 movie
    “The Exorcist”: A modern-day reworking of the classic horror film
    “Lethal Weapon”: TV version of the movie
    “Emerald City”: A retelling of the “Wizard of Oz”
    “Taken”: A prequel to the Liam Neeson movie

And then there's this:
    “Bull”: Based on the life of Dr. Phil McGraw
    A MacGyver re-make? JFC, nothing is sacred anymore.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    "Chicago Justice”

NBC is turrible
    I like Chicago PD and Fire. Med was too much and I didn't like the acting. Now they're just getting absurd.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

JFC, this is sad:

“Time After Time”: Based on the 1979 movie
    “MacGyver”: A redo of the 1980s-90s ABC series
    “Training Day”: Based on the 2001 movie
    “Frequency”: Based on the 2000 movie
    “The Exorcist”: A modern-day reworking of the classic horror film
    “Lethal Weapon”: TV version of the movie
    “Emerald City”: A retelling of the “Wizard of Oz”
    “Taken”: A prequel to the Liam Neeson movie

And then there's this:
    “Bull”: Based on the life of Dr. Phil McGraw

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

I was reading through CBS and hit this:
    “Doubt”: A defense lawyer (Katherine Heigl)
    Stopped there and skipped to the next line

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

The TV Guide Channel became the Pop Network. IIRC, they have Schitt's Creek, starring Eugene Levy.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

Found Curb Your Enthusiasm on Amazon Prime. Into about the third season right now. I saw a few episodes back in the day when it would syndicate on TV Guide (does that even exist anymore?) and thought it was hilarious, but never was able to see the full series.

Very niche humor, like they took a sliver of Seinfeld and ramped it up to 100, but it's right up my alley. Only problem is getting others into it. A good amount on the jokes build up through the plots each season and the series as a whole, so it's tough to introduce to people without showing them the first episodes, which weren't the best.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Quantico ending.

The traitor choice sucked. That is all.

Leave a comment:

• FreshFish
    replied

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    They've offered DiNozzo his own team on a number of occasions, and he's turned them down to stay with Gibbs.

And Handy, I know they announced his leaving, but I'm saying, from the last couple episodes, it's obvious they're going to reunite him with Ziva.
    DiNozzo moves to Israel, converts to Judaism, and joins Mossad, eh?

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    I did one last season with some college friends who also watch because their wives make them. Yeah, that's the ticket. It actually made it fun, I found myself yelling at the screen once or twice. Dammit Caila, so close.

I don't know if Bachelorette will be as good for a fantasy league as Bachelor, though, the contestants are less insane. That said, if I can do an auto-draft I'm in.
    A buddy, my brother, and I watched 90210 religiously due to it getting women to visit. We (the guys) MSTK3'd the show, of course, and it did end up creating one relationship.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Bachelorette returns on 5/23 for Jo Jo. If there's enough interest we should start a Fantasy league.

I'm willing to do the book keeping; just reply to this post if you're interested and I'll set it up in time for a draft.

We will go by bios since it's too hard to coordinate everybody on the actual limo intros. Bios will appear here eventually. (Right now those are last cycle's, unless they've decided to do a lesbian cycle which I think every person on Earth would watch so why not?
    I did one last season with some college friends who also watch because their wives make them. Yeah, that's the ticket. It actually made it fun, I found myself yelling at the screen once or twice. Dammit Caila, so close.

I don't know if Bachelorette will be as good for a fantasy league as Bachelor, though, the contestants are less insane. That said, if I can do an auto-draft I'm in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X