• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rube
    replied
    Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Not understanding your context.

Are you still talking about the show or just trying to get a point in?

Not a Republican though...
    My point was it's a show. You chimed in, and IMO, overthought the party designation of FU. I'm sitting back, just thinking, "It's a show, don't wear the tinfoil hat!" That's all. I mean, "Wag The Dog" is a great movie, and no one cares who's Rep or Dem. It's just a good movie. I'd like to think the same of HoC. That's all. Check your politics at the door.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    And I believe that Dems over react and go "Why me why me? I'm a victim!" more often than deserved. And also blame the evil empire Repubs a bit too often.

Not understanding your context.

Are you still talking about the show or just trying to get a point in?

Not a Republican though...

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

These things don't happen at random.

Having participated in conceptual meetings as part of my job (not TV, but the principles are the same), I promise you that there is plenty to read into a lot of the decisions that are made.

All I said was that it was a great conceptual decision to make him a Dem. In this day and age where Cheney and others have been made into the bogeyman, and Dems are looked at more as bungling do-gooders, FU being a Dem is a more surprising choice. A better choice.

I don't believe that the producers were afraid of backlash, but I'm sure they were aware of the potential for it. This type of thing is what's discussed in the conceptual meetings that I referred to. What are the possible consequences or outcomes of us choosing A over B?

And yes. I do believe that right wing media types would have whined about the negative portrayal of a Republican cheating and murdering his way to power.

They tend to be hyper sensitive towards these things as a way to whip up their audience. Even if they don't actually believe what they are selling.
    And I believe that Dems over react and go "Why me why me? I'm a victim!" more often than deserved. And also blame the evil empire Repubs a bit too often.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    What might have saved me from that is starting it roughly 30 minutes late so I can fast forward through the commercials. The episode definitely didn't need to be 90 minutes.

I'm kind of at a lull with the show right now. I'll still watch in the fall again as the whole fam has been watching it since the beginning.

I have hopes for Negan and like I said, I'm interested to see what the Kingdom is all about.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

My whole issue with this topic is folks that read too much into it. That's all. Obviously I'm no lib tard (it gets censored), nor am I a Redumblican. It's a show. Leave it at that.

These things don't happen at random.

Having participated in conceptual meetings as part of my job (not TV, but the principles are the same), I promise you that there is plenty to read into a lot of the decisions that are made.

All I said was that it was a great conceptual decision to make him a Dem. In this day and age where Cheney and others have been made into the bogeyman, and Dems are looked at more as bungling do-gooders, FU being a Dem is a more surprising choice. A better choice.

I don't believe that the producers were afraid of backlash, but I'm sure they were aware of the potential for it. This type of thing is what's discussed in the conceptual meetings that I referred to. What are the possible consequences or outcomes of us choosing A over B?

And yes. I do believe that right wing media types would have whined about the negative portrayal of a Republican cheating and murdering his way to power.

They tend to be hyper sensitive towards these things as a way to whip up their audience. Even if they don't actually believe what they are selling.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    I was so bored by then that I just wanted it to get to the point.
    What might have saved me from that is starting it roughly 30 minutes late so I can fast forward through the commercials. The episode definitely didn't need to be 90 minutes.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    I liked the last 10 minutes or so.

I was so bored by then that I just wanted it to get to the point.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I'd say it's the Cruzers who are more likely to limit their media content to Christian sources, but there's no doubt Trump has hoodwinked some of them.
    My whole issue with this topic is folks that read too much into it. That's all. Obviously I'm no lib tard (it gets censored), nor am I a Redumblican. It's a show. Leave it at that.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Walking Dead finale.

Meh.
    I liked the last 10 minutes or so.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Soooooo, Trump followers?
    I'd say it's the Cruzers who are more likely to limit their media content to Christian sources, but there's no doubt Trump has hoodwinked some of them.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    The kind of redneck who would complain about Underwood being portrayed as a Republican, is probably the kind of redneck whose TV and film viewing is limited to PureFlix in the first place.
    Soooooo, Trump followers?

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

The kind of redneck who would complain about Underwood being portrayed as a Republican, is probably the kind of redneck whose TV and film viewing is limited to PureFlix in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Not referring to the character.

I'm referring to the choice that the producers made when they created the show.
    And I think the character is strong (?) hard-core/ruthless enough where it didn't really matter what party he belonged to.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I just thought you were less petty than this certain show. You're treading into Flaggy/Kepler/Old Pio territory. Again, FU is in it for FU. Doesn't matter the party, if a person is in his way, he'll get rid of them. Political lines don't matter.

Not referring to the character.

I'm referring to the choice that the producers made when they created the show.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

I just thought you were less petty than this certain show. You're treading into Flaggy/Kepler/Old Pio territory. Again, FU is in it for FU. Doesn't matter the party, if a person is in his way, he'll get rid of them. Political lines don't matter.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X