This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Finished up S6. It was underwhelming. A few really funny moments, but nothing that really grabbed me. Given my expectations going into the season, it was about what I expected, maybe a touch better. The dropoff is noticeable, though, overall.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Well it was way better than Season 5 which was downright terrible. Season 6 got a solid B- from me.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

John Oliver has taken what he learned on The Daily Show and taken the format to the next level. His show is so freaking good it's amazing.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Finale of American Ninja Warrior and there were TWO finishers! Geoff Britten and Issac Caldiero both completed all 4 stages but... only Issac took home the million bucks because he got up Stage 4 the fastest. Booooooooo.

Didn't think anybody would make it past the Crazy Cliffhanger addition (basically Ultimate Cliffhanger plus a jump across a gap) as people have struggled with it in Japan.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

So has it been known for a long time that Bruce Jenner wanted to be a woman? (I had zero idea). Watching S11 of Family Guy when they win the lottery and there's a short bit when Jenner comes out to perform for a USO tour donning female attire to raucus applause.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Finale of American Ninja Warrior and there were TWO finishers! Geoff Britten and Issac Caldiero both completed all 4 stages but... only Issac took home the million bucks because he got up Stage 4 the fastest. Booooooooo.

Didn't think anybody would make it past the Crazy Cliffhanger addition (basically Ultimate Cliffhanger plus a jump across a gap) as people have struggled with it in Japan.
              I've tried to watch the American version, but it's not worth it with the amount of human interest stories they put into it. A couple months ago I was watching when they were in Pittsburgh (maybe?) and they spent three minutes on this woman who was training for her dad or kid or something, and she promptly fell and failed the first stage in ten seconds.

I would've rather watched Greg the Meathead who does it because it makes him feel cool and actually get somewhere in the course.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Colbert Not Dumbing Down for the Masses.

I think it would be great if he brought back the "Better Know A District" segment next year during the campaigns.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  Colbert Not Dumbing Down for the Masses.

I think it would be great if he brought back the "Better Know A District" segment next year during the campaigns.
                  That would be great, but CC may own the bit the way they took Craig Kilborn's "Moment of Zen."
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I just watched a documentary show on PBS called In Their Own Words. There was one on Queen Elizabeth, Muhammad Ali and tonight's episode was on Jim Henson. And Muppets!! I normally don't watch stuff like that but it was produced by a friend of mine. It was really good. Very interesting.

Comment

From most accounts, The Bastard Executioner is meh at best. I stress at best. I'll wait to hear from non-pro critics, but it doesn't look good.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Watched the first two eps of Narcos on Netflix. Seems from message boards on IMDB and elsewhere that it's either love it or hate it. We're reserving judgement.
                        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

I'm loving Colbert right now. No other show would have a Supreme Court justice on, much less get an interview as entertaining and poignant as what Colbert got out of Justice Breyer.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

A couple nights ago, someone answered "Turd Ferguson" on Final Jeopardy.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                              A couple nights ago, someone answered "Turd Ferguson" on Final Jeopardy.
                              http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...tant/32544997/
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I don't understand Spanish, but every once in a while while surfing I'd stumble across Sabado Gigante on Univision. I have no idea what was going on, but everybody was having a great time.

Sadly, the show has been cancelled due declines in viewership.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X