X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Mr. Robot

Wow, what a trip. Binged the first season and want more. Evidently the entire series is already mapped out, so they have the ending planned. It's almost exhausting to watch because you need to pay attention 100% of the time.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      Mr. Robot

Wow, what a trip. Binged the first season and want more. Evidently the entire series is already mapped out, so they have the ending planned. It's almost exhausting to watch because you need to pay attention 100% of the time.
      Watching it now. Watched Episode 1 last night.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Enjoying the Late Show so far. Colbert has toned down Report Stephen a little bit but it's still there for the most part. Hopefully it's good enough for a network broadcast, because I can't seem him wanting to change or being as funny as he is if he has to change his style.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Still haven't been able to watch Mr. Robot, since I checked again and it isn't On Demand, and it isn't on Netflix. Stupid USA Network.

I'm working my way through The Wire now. Almost done with Season 2. I can see where all of the hype comes from, it is very good. Not Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones good, but still very good.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I havent looked, but is Mr. Robot on Hulu? USA usually puts the show up there right away.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              I havent looked, but is Mr. Robot on Hulu? USA usually puts the show up there right away.
              I don't subscribe to that. I figure I pay enough to Dish Network (including HBO) and Netflix that I don't need to pay for more. I have plenty of shows to catch up on via Netflix and HBO Go that I'll be fine. I mean, I'm not watching Mr. Robot, but instead watching The Wire for the first time, it can't be that bad, right?
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Still haven't been able to watch Mr. Robot, since I checked again and it isn't On Demand, and it isn't on Netflix. Stupid USA Network.
                Maybe Apple TV? I swear we've watched it on some canned service.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Not Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones good, but still very good.
                  Bite your tongue.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I'm working my way through The Wire now. Almost done with Season 2. I can see where all of the hype comes from, it is very good. Not Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones good, but still very good.
                    You mean stupid Dish Network. It's available On Demand with Xfinity.
                    Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    Bite your tongue.
                    Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones were/are better overall. However, I thought the finale for The Wire was arguably the best I've ever seen. It was the anti-Dexter.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Available with Time Warner cable, also.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        You mean stupid Dish Network. It's available On Demand with Xfinity.
                        Not worth it to have to deal with Comcast.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Colbert was fantastic.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Colbert was fantastic.
                            It was certainly better than anything Letterman schlepped out over the past 10+ years, but I'm not ready to say it was fantastic. There were some awkward moments (not the scripted awkwardness, which was good), and I'll give it a B+ for now. Being only the first episode, that's a solid start. I think he'll be just fine. Fallon will probably consistently own the ratings for quite a while, which is sad because he has exactly 3 gimmicks, and they are getting pretty tired at this point. Colbert will probably build up a following and should overtake the ratings after some time.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                              It was certainly better than anything Letterman schlepped out over the past 10+ years, but I'm not ready to say it was fantastic. There were some awkward moments (not the scripted awkwardness, which was good), and I'll give it a B+ for now. Being only the first episode, that's a solid start. I think he'll be just fine. Fallon will probably consistently own the ratings for quite a while, which is sad because he has exactly 3 gimmicks, and they are getting pretty tired at this point. Colbert will probably build up a following and should overtake the ratings after some time.
                              I think the awkwardness is what makes it better (assuming we're thinking of the same awkwardness like during his interviews). I hate the virtually scripted interviews that everyone but Ferguson seem(ed) to do.

I tried Fallon but I just couldn't stand it. It's way too Millenial for me. Ferguson was the answer to everything that was wrong and continues to be wrong with the late night talk shows.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The League S6:

Got the season DVD this week, buying blind due to no cable for the last year+, and loved the show when I had cable.

You can tell it's stretching the life of the show (yes, I'm aware of when it's actually ending). However, when it hits, it still HITS. Got through the "Height Supremacist" ep tonight. That ep was friggin' HILARIOUS! So wrong, yet so right. TeflAndre was a decent short-bit, however, the Taco Corp bit is running thin.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X