This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Wait what? I thought Stannis only had the stoney girl that the Arson Goddess burned?
    Sorry, meant that the actor is Stephen Dillane's son.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      I liked it better than I expected after I read some reviews. It was pretty good. I think it works better starting from the beginning, because now, when characters do stupid things, you know they shouldn't know better.
      Contrastly, this is an entirely TV made series and not tied to the novels like TWD, right? So they shouldn't be predestined to be stupid and can just go find an island, wrapping this whole thing up in about one season. Although now that I think about it, it barely rains in California. How are these people going to get water without power?
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Probably also the bottled water capitol of the world. Just raid all those actors' houses up in the Hollywood hills for their water stockpiles.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          Sorry, meant that the actor is Stephen Dillane's son.
          Oh. LOL.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Gentlemen and Ladies.

I guess I AM old. Peggy Lipton is 69 today.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Gentlemen and Ladies.

I guess I AM old. Peggy Lipton is 69 today.
              Well Rashida Jones is almost 40.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                Three things:

1) Does anyone know if you can watch channels on WatchESPN you are not subscribed to on cable? My dad doesn't get ESPNU, which MSU-Western will be on to start the football season. Usually ESPN, 2, U, and News are locked if there is live content, which can be opened with a cable log-in. So, will logging in open up everything or just what his cable plan allows (I think everything but U and Classic)?
                Yes.

Pretty sure.

Without a log-in, you should be able to view some ESPN3 content (WatchESPN content online only is ESPN3) and ONLY ESPN3 content. It depends on who your internet provider is, as internet providers have agreed to carry some ESPN3 content free. (Yes, this is confusing, I know).

If you log into WatchESPN with your cable/satellite company information, that will unlock live access to whatever broadcast TV programming you currently pay for (ESPN / The Deuce / ESPNEWS / ESPNU / Longhorn Network / SEC Net). If you don't pay for ESPNU, you can't get that programming.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Blunt Talk is awesome!
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

As I sit down trying to catch up on all the summer shows this weekend I sometimes wish back to the days when it was all re-runs in the summer time. While I disagree that this was the worst summer TV season ever, I think critics are basing this almost totally on True Detective. There were a couple of good new shows, although only 2 epp's in Public Morals stand as the top of the class for me

My takes, yes I realize I watch way tooo much tv

True Detective, I enjoyed the first season but didn't rave about it, Season two was horrible, I kept watching thinking it would turn around and it had a couple of moments but then went back to being blaah.

The Last Ship, still enjoying it though I feel the longer it runs the more tough it will be to keep fresh. I was disappointed they killed off the Israeli a couple of weeks ago.

Halt and Catch Fire Not as good as Season 1 but I enjoyed although the fact that somehow these 4 people think up every innovation in the computer industry is amazing.

Ballers nothing special I stopped about 4 weeks in

On the Brink Don't know why probably because it was so stupid but I enjoyed it.

Ray Donovan Just got caught up, not a big fan of Katie Holmes but still good to watch.

Major Crimes Still enjoy this though not as good as The Closer, except for Rusty,why must he be on every show a play a central part in the plot?, I can only guess because he is young and gay, they keep him on the show because they think it is going to improve their demographics.

Murder One Started with a bang, had a bit of a lull in the middle then closed strong, not as good as season 1 but pretty solid season 2.

The Making of the Mob Enjoyed this part documentary part tv show about the NY Mafia following Lucky Luciano thought they left out a lot but Season 2 with Chicago should be better since I don't know as much about their mob.

Rizzoli and Isles Has certainly gone downhill, doesn't follow the books at all, the connections in earlier season were tenuous.

Public Morals only 2 episodes in but very impressed, granted it involves the Mafia and NYC which can get me to watch.

Tyrant Had some weak moments early on, basically almost anytime Barry was not on screen, the parts with his wife and his brother, but I like the battle with Isis and the finale.

Royal Pains Like many USA show which have a couple of good seasons, an OK season or two and then get bad, Royal Pains has run it's course, think it's time to drop.

Suits As above Suits is in the OK season for me, I prefer the courtroom, negotiating part of the show not the personal crap with Harvey and Mike

Mr. Robot I had trouble following it at times but enjoyed it a lot.

Graceland Same as Suits in the OK part of it's run if they focused on the team solving a case instead of Briggs and his machinations I think it would be better.

Burgers Beer and Que Basically Diners Drive Ins and Dives but focusing on Burgers, Craft Beer and BBQ

Hell on Wheels Didn't enjoy last season but this season picked up with Cullen working for the Central Pacific and dealing with their unique labor problems and competing with the Union Pacific.

Power Enjoyed the season immensely despite it's flaws, how can she not realize her boyfriends a gangster?, up until the end which was disappointing.
                    Last edited by Probert; 09-06-2015, 08:02 PM.
                    Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

• Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Mr. Robot finale was postponed because of the similarity to the VA shooting. Finally saw it tonight. While it wasn't even in the best 3 episodes of season 1, it was still a good ending to an excellent show.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I just finished watching the first three seasons of Grimm. It's the story of a man who can people of two natures - part human and part beast. Some are good some are bad, all are in hiding from humans out of fear. People who can see the two-natured beings are known as a Grimm, and can be both male or female. The ability it handed down as a genetic trait, not a mystical choosing by some super beings.

If you liked Buffy the Vampire Slayer or its spin-off Angel, you'll like this show. The stories are much the same, there's an A arc, B arc and sometimes C arc in each show with an overriding season arc to the stories, too. David Greenwalt, who was one of the main producers on BtVS and then became the lead producer on Angel, is one of the creators of this show. Like Buffy and Angel, this has a main character who's dragged into his role because he didn't know that he'd even had this power and finally accepts it as necessary, and the supporting cast plays an integral portion in keeping him on task and others who are ignorant of his true identity. Season four hits Amazon Prime at the end of the month with the new season starting October 30.

I'd never watched this show in the past because it conflicted with Friday night hockey, but I'm looking to start following it this coming season. I suppose, this is one of those things where not having cable TV anymore is really changing viewing habits.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I'm years behind in TV, but thanks to Netflix, I've been binge watching series on my days off. Am just starting season 5 of the West Wing. I'm enjoying the wit and dialogue immensely, however, it disappoints me that we're still facing the same problems now that we were when this aired without any resolution (for the most part). Plus, (as a bleeding heart liberal), Bartlett's speeches and ideas are inspiring, yet it makes the wieners that are in office (on both sides) even more disappointing. I've just started the post-Sorkin era, so I am not sure how much change to expect.

Have been waiting for my schedule to mesh with the hubby's so we can watch Mr. Robot (tivo-ed the season), DareDevil, as well Making of the Mob. I will likely start on Sex, Drugs, and Rock n' Roll as I've been tivo-ing those as well. Can't decide between Breaking Bad and Supernatural for my next long-term viewing project. Will likely do BB as it is no longer airing.

Comment

Nickelodeon considering reviving earlier fare, such as Rugrats and Hey Arnold
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I liked Eureka's Castle and the Adventures of David the Gnome. They may have been Canadian shows imported to Nick, but my kids (now 31,29, 27) loved them.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

So American Ninja Warrior got through Stage 1 with 38 finishers which, according to my wiki fu, beats the record even for Japan (and that was 37 at Sasuke 4).

If they follow what they did in Japan, there should a total redesign next year.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X