X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Just finished S2 of Broadchurch and they followed up perhaps my favorite season from any television series ever brilliantly. There were a few petty annoyances along the way but overall it was aching, haunting, wonderfully scripted and directed and David Tennant again delivered. Only wish S3 was closer on the horizon.
    Question on this. We watched Gracepoint, the American knock off, I haven't gone back and watched Broadchurch season 1 because I've been told the 2 series are identical. Can I start Broadchurch season 2, with only having watched Gracepoint, and not be lost on the plot?
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I wish I could answer but I don't watch Gracepoint. The only thing I know is that the ending of GP S1 is different from S1 of BC.

Comment

The Americans:

Well, that escalated quickly. Especially with the family situation. Jesus. And this ain't even the season finale!
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Yeah, they've really screwed up with Paige.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I understand the series finale to The Good Wife but I still hate it.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

This Magic Moment:

30 For 30 about the Orlando Magic, during the Shaq/Penny years. In hindsight, man, they had a team. Youth, immaturity, etc, ruined it. I never like Shaq on the court/as a player, thought his ego got the best of him, and he even admits in this that it did. Good watch.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Been watching The Detour on TBS, and it is outstanding so far. I've pretty much hated every comedy that TBS has come out with for the last 5+ years (I don't think I'm alone considering most of them haven't made it past 1-2 seasons), but this one might have staying power. I'm not sure how long they can continue on this storyline, but most of the episodes so far have been laugh out loud funny.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  PB Buster is better than WD-40. Sometimes a lithium or silicone are better served, it really depends upon the application.
                  But can it do this?
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    But can it do this?
                    Hey, goggles! That bit of attire wasn't expected after reading the title.

The users of PB Blaster are far too sophisticated to do that.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      Hey, goggles! That bit of attire wasn't expected after reading the title.

The users of PB Blaster are far too sophisticated to do that.
                      That is actually my mental image of everything in a direct line between Buffalo, NY and Buffalo, WY.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Fall TV

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...w-fox-and-nbc/
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Looks like all crap. I like how there's a 24 w/o Keifer and then a new similar show w/ Kiefer.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I have high hopes for Making History and The Mick, just based on the people involved.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Cast departures from two wheezing franchises....

NCIS, on "stay tuned for scenes from next episode," is making a splash about Michael Weatherly (DiNozzo) leaving the show; they showed all the team members giving him a big hug. Presumably that means he can leave alive....

For Castle, on the other hand, rumor is that they filmed two alternate endings. Either way, Stana Katic (Beckett) is gone; she is not coming back next year even if the show is. It's not clear yet whether the show will be renewed or not. Presumably they will know by next Monday, so that they can tell which ending to use! The assumption is that, if the show is being renewed, Beckett will die, if the show is not being renewed, she and Castle will have a happily ever after ending...
                              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                The Good Wife is great to watch even one off episodes. I've given it a shot a few times and it's been pretty good every time. I just need to start from the beginning. I hope it's on Netflix.
                                All seasons were on the CBSTV website for viewing at one time. It's blocked at work so I cannot check now.
                                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Working...
                                X