This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
    Season 2 of Kimmy Schmidt is coming this month I believe.
    I'm about halfway thru it so far. I think Titus is currently my favorite character on TV.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Colbert's show has changed. I have not seen it in a few weeks, including not watching last night's episode, so I'd be interested to see if it's taken a turn for the dumb or, hopefully, just tweaked a bit.

The segment he did before the change that I really liked is when he'd go off onto some bit with his guests, either acting out a backyard camping scene, gazing up at the stars whilst on the hood of a car, or whatever, and pondering various stupid things.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        I'm about halfway thru it so far. I think Titus is currently my favorite character on TV.
        I'm about half way as well, so much good stuff this season! I don't even know if I like Titus more than Lillian, but I like him a lot. All the Amy Sedaris has me thinking it's time to watch Strangers with Candy again.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Colbert's show has changed. I have not seen it in a few weeks, including not watching last night's episode, so I'd be interested to see if it's taken a turn for the dumb or, hopefully, just tweaked a bit.
          It sounds like they're just tightening the format. The guy they brought in did morning shows, which is a bad sign, but apparently raised the bar and made them smarter, which is like saying you found the least racist supporter at a Drumpf rally, but still shows the right direction.

We'll see. I saw nothing wrong with the old format and I still think Colbert is an amazing talent, though to be fair I rarely watch past the first segment and never bother when celebs are on.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Chris Licht did an amazing job on CBS This Morning. It's the only intelligent show available before noon.

I HATE morning "news" shows because they cater to idiots. CBS this morning doesn't.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Vinyl ended well and I hope it will be renewed. Spoilers:

The MC5 closing made me want to run through a wall, which is unusual for me at 10pm on a work night.

I watched the entire first season without realizing Kip is Mick Jagger's kid. And here I thought the worst vanity in this was Scorcese. Meh, to be fair he wasn't bad. Randy Quaid's kid isn't either. Talk about shameless though...

IINM Devon was not in the final episode, which is one reason it was the best of the series.

I adored the young mop-headed Ramones. I felt like I should take them home and give them soup and protect them.

Other Music For Uplifting Gormandizers FTW.

The Richie-Zak tug of war is a strong foundation for the future of the show. EAB.

The murder, obvious in retrospect, shocked me. Guess Bo Dietl is free to head DHS now (Dr. Mrs. joke)

We need more interaction with the good cop / bad cop combo.

Very good review here: http://www.vulture.com/2016/04/vinyl...pisode-10.html
              Last edited by Kepler; 04-20-2016, 01:28 PM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Not a bad recap. I think I said earlier, that if this show stayed about the music and the business, it could end up being pretty good. But if it became a setting to just tell another gangster/mob story, it wouldn't be nearly as interesting. Like that reviewer said in relation to Kip's Opryland T-shirt, my favorite parts have been the "inside baseball" stuff of the music world. From Zep looking for a new label, to the party in LA with the burgeoning California country sound, to Richie sitting in CBGB's, those are the fun bits. The mobster stuff is just been there, done that Scorcese.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Kidnapped has been really good, glad I was able to catch up on this. They ran another six episodes yesterday, which I binge-watched, since that was the only thing I felt like watching. It has a feel similar to the Blacklist, sorta crossed with 24, but even better, I think. A number of good actors in the main cast, and some really great guest stars in most episodes.

Some real great dialogue too, especially for Doug Hutchison's character(you'll remember him Tooms on the X-Files, as Horace Goodspeed from Lost, and the fact that he married 16 year old Courtney Stodden, thereby introducing her to the world, for better or worse).
                  Last edited by rufus; 04-22-2016, 01:02 PM.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Read on AV Club three of the docs being sent up by Documentary Now in season 2.

I'm already looking forward to it.

In other news, guess who probably has a death sentence on The Americans?
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      Read on AV Club three of the docs being sent up by Documentary Now in season 2.

I'm already looking forward to it.

In other news, guess who probably has a death sentence on The Americans?
                      And that character is frustrating me and how incompetent/naive they are. I'm actually hoping for them to go at this point.

"You killed [character]?!"
                      "I had to. You don't know. You weren't there." (said in somewhat mocking tone)

That would be an awesome bit of dialogue.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The Americans:

Well, I dunno what to make of the new ep. Yet another close call that is resolved a bit too neatly. Treading water, IMO. Either way, I think someone will be done (eventually) and it may not be the person you think.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

A Punisher series is coming to Netflix... Giggity!

Jon Bernthal was great as the character during Season 2 of Daredevil. I am worried about where the series would go however. For a comic book series, there isn't a ton of quality source material. We'll see I guess. I have faith in the Netflix people.
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

The first few seasons of Weeds is just great. Yeah, it crashed after the third or fourth season, and I never made it through the fifth season, but I'm re-watching season 1 right now and just loving it.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

When did they re-calibrate the wheel on Price is Right? You barely touch the thing now and it goes around four times.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Why are you watching the Price is Right?

Comment

Working...
                                X