This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Did I really just skim through three pages of pure political bloviating about a character purposefully designed to be the ultimate a-hole? Fer chrissakes, people.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      Did I really just skim through three pages of pure political bloviating about a character purposefully designed to be the ultimate a-hole? Fer chrissakes, people.
      You mean you actually read that?
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        You mean you actually read that?
        No, skimmed most of it. The first couple posts I read, then knew where that train was headed. After that, I read FU could've been and then skipped to the next post... and then the next and so on and so forth.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          No, skimmed most of it. The first couple posts I read, then knew where that train was headed. After that, I read FU could've been and then skipped to the next post... and then the next and so on and so forth.
          Me too...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

then knew where that train was headed
            Straight into Zoe!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              Straight into Zoe!
              I see what you did there
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

****, Chuck.

Cold as ice.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Went through both seasons of Bosch on Amazon -- can't wait for season 3.
                  Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                    Went through both seasons of Bosch on Amazon -- can't wait for season 3.
                    I loved both seasons as well. Amazon obviously gives them a good budget cause it is a high quality show.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The OJ miniseries was very strong, beginning to end. Ito's reax to the 4 hour deliberation was exactly what I assumed the real reaction was.

In Vinyl, the playing out of the scene where Richie has to bring the mob in was brilliant.

Bo Dietl's portrayal of Joe Corso makes for tense times in the household. Dr. Mrs. despises him. She has had first hand experience with him at DIA/NIU and also back in her TSA days. She regards him as a sort of dumb version of Sarah Palin. I always taunt her that when Drumpf is president Dietl will be Secretary of Homeland Security.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 04-07-2016, 12:12 PM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Methinks Richie's label lawyer is just a bit smitten.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: It's a Netflix half-hour (give or take) comedy series around a woman who's freed from an underground bunker where she and three other women were held as, more or less, prisoners of a cult leader who'd abducted them. The humor is largely goofy, though there are some poignant moments in it. I'm only through three or four episodes so far, but I'm enjoying it. Carol Kane sort of steals her fair share of scenes. Jane Krakowski is acceptable as a main supporting character, but I've never much cared for her; admittedly, she has a few good moments in the show.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            Methinks Richie's label lawyer is just a bit smitten.
                            No kidding. Michael Bay is more subtle.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: It's a Netflix half-hour (give or take) comedy series around a woman who's freed from an underground bunker where she and three other women were held as, more or less, prisoners of a cult leader who'd abducted them. The humor is largely goofy, though there are some poignant moments in it. I'm only through three or four episodes so far, but I'm enjoying it. Carol Kane sort of steals her fair share of scenes. Jane Krakowski is acceptable as a main supporting character, but I've never much cared for her; admittedly, she has a few good moments in the show.
                              season 2 is coming soon right? My wife and I enjoyed watching that for a goofy laugh.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                season 2 is coming soon right? My wife and I enjoyed watching that for a goofy laugh.
                                I don't know when season 2 is coming, other than it'll be this year. I do know that Netflix ordered seasons 2 and 3 based upon how well season 1 was received.

Comment

Working...
                                X