X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I agree with this. Getting power is always more interesting that keeping it.

They were smart to make FU a Dem. If they had made him a Republican the whiners would have peed in, if not sh-at in, the well. This way they could just have a show.

Plus, what's the challenge in making a Republican a sociopath? You don't even need to act.
    Gonna ignore the bias here, but honestly, I feel Frank is a Democrat because that was the only party that would have him (to play off a quote from James Traficant). FU belongs to the FU party. Period.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Gonna ignore the bias here...

Bias?

If you mean the sociopath quip, fair enough.

But if FU was portraying a GOP politician doing all of these things, Faux and AM talk radio would be falling over themselves to play the victim card.

That's not even remotely debatable.

As I said, it was the correct decision to have him be a Dem so they could just have a show without any (manufactured) controversy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Bias?

If you mean the sociopath quip, fair enough.

But if FU was portraying a GOP politician doing all of these things, Faux and AM talk radio would be falling over themselves to play the victim card.

That's not even remotely debatable.

As I said, it was the correct decision to have him be a Dem so they could just have a show without any (manufactured) controversy.
        I really don't believe that one bit. I really don't.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I really don't believe that one bit. I really don't.

Then you're not paying attention.

Comment

Walking Dead finale.

Meh.

I like the idea of The Kingdom though.

Comment

Then you're not paying attention.
              Was trying not to say it, but you're sounding just as nutty as the theoretical right-wingers if FU was a Republican. Just sayin'.

Comment

Was trying not to say it, but you're sounding just as nutty as the theoretical right-wingers if FU was a Republican. Just sayin'.

Again, you're simply not paying attention.

Just sayin'.

Comment

Again, you're simply not paying attention.

Just sayin'.
                  Oh, I am. That's why I said my initial comment about him being part of the D party. He couldn't really work as an independent, and yes, being a Dem is a safer bet as they are more lenient with some things (for better or for worse) but to say talk radio/tv would be in an uproar if FU was a Repub? Here's some more tinfoil.

Comment

Oh, I am. That's why I said my initial comment about him being part of the D party. He couldn't really work as an independent, and yes, being a Dem is a safer bet as they are more lenient with some things (for better or for worse) but to say talk radio/tv would be in an uproar if FU was a Repub? Here's some more tinfoil.

Uh huh.

Comment

Uh huh.
                      *playing the part, not personal opinion to this extent*:

"Oh, FU has to be a democrat because the evil right-wingers would complain and beech and come down hard because they are crazy and nuts and so insane! FU has to be the evil democrat because the bible-thumpers would bring fire and brimstone otherwise!"

D'okay.

How about FU is just a flat-out a-hole, who gives a crap about which side he loosely associates himself with?

Comment

*playing the part, not personal opinion to this extent*:

"Oh, FU has to be a democrat because the evil right-wingers would complain and beech and come down hard because they are crazy and nuts and so insane! FU has to be the evil democrat because the bible-thumpers would bring fire and brimstone otherwise!"

D'okay.

How about FU is just a flat-out a-hole, who gives a crap about which side he loosely associates himself with?

Wrong thread.

/

Comment

I just thought you were less petty than this certain show. You're treading into Flaggy/Kepler/Old Pio territory. Again, FU is in it for FU. Doesn't matter the party, if a person is in his way, he'll get rid of them. Political lines don't matter.

Comment

I just thought you were less petty than this certain show. You're treading into Flaggy/Kepler/Old Pio territory. Again, FU is in it for FU. Doesn't matter the party, if a person is in his way, he'll get rid of them. Political lines don't matter.

Not referring to the character.

I'm referring to the choice that the producers made when they created the show.

Comment

Not referring to the character.

I'm referring to the choice that the producers made when they created the show.
                              And I think the character is strong (?) hard-core/ruthless enough where it didn't really matter what party he belonged to.

Comment

The kind of redneck who would complain about Underwood being portrayed as a Republican, is probably the kind of redneck whose TV and film viewing is limited to PureFlix in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                                X