Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV, or not TV, that is the question

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I agree with this. Getting power is always more interesting that keeping it.

    They were smart to make FU a Dem. If they had made him a Republican the whiners would have peed in, if not sh-at in, the well. This way they could just have a show.

    Plus, what's the challenge in making a Republican a sociopath? You don't even need to act.
    Gonna ignore the bias here, but honestly, I feel Frank is a Democrat because that was the only party that would have him (to play off a quote from James Traficant). FU belongs to the FU party. Period.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

    Comment


    • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

      Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Gonna ignore the bias here...

      Bias?

      If you mean the sociopath quip, fair enough.


      But if FU was portraying a GOP politician doing all of these things, Faux and AM talk radio would be falling over themselves to play the victim card.

      That's not even remotely debatable.


      As I said, it was the correct decision to have him be a Dem so they could just have a show without any (manufactured) controversy.

      Comment


      • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

        Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Bias?

        If you mean the sociopath quip, fair enough.


        But if FU was portraying a GOP politician doing all of these things, Faux and AM talk radio would be falling over themselves to play the victim card.

        That's not even remotely debatable.


        As I said, it was the correct decision to have him be a Dem so they could just have a show without any (manufactured) controversy.
        I really don't believe that one bit. I really don't.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

        Comment


        • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

          Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          I really don't believe that one bit. I really don't.

          Then you're not paying attention.

          Comment


          • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

            Walking Dead finale.

            Meh.


            I like the idea of The Kingdom though.

            Comment


            • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

              Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              Then you're not paying attention.
              Was trying not to say it, but you're sounding just as nutty as the theoretical right-wingers if FU was a Republican. Just sayin'.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

              Comment


              • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

                Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Was trying not to say it, but you're sounding just as nutty as the theoretical right-wingers if FU was a Republican. Just sayin'.

                Again, you're simply not paying attention.

                Just sayin'.

                Comment


                • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

                  Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  Again, you're simply not paying attention.

                  Just sayin'.
                  Oh, I am. That's why I said my initial comment about him being part of the D party. He couldn't really work as an independent, and yes, being a Dem is a safer bet as they are more lenient with some things (for better or for worse) but to say talk radio/tv would be in an uproar if FU was a Repub? Here's some more tinfoil.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                  Comment


                  • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

                    Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Oh, I am. That's why I said my initial comment about him being part of the D party. He couldn't really work as an independent, and yes, being a Dem is a safer bet as they are more lenient with some things (for better or for worse) but to say talk radio/tv would be in an uproar if FU was a Repub? Here's some more tinfoil.

                    Uh huh.

                    Comment


                    • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

                      Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      Uh huh.
                      *playing the part, not personal opinion to this extent*:

                      "Oh, FU has to be a democrat because the evil right-wingers would complain and beech and come down hard because they are crazy and nuts and so insane! FU has to be the evil democrat because the bible-thumpers would bring fire and brimstone otherwise!"

                      D'okay.

                      How about FU is just a flat-out a-hole, who gives a crap about which side he loosely associates himself with?
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                      Comment


                      • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

                        Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        *playing the part, not personal opinion to this extent*:

                        "Oh, FU has to be a democrat because the evil right-wingers would complain and beech and come down hard because they are crazy and nuts and so insane! FU has to be the evil democrat because the bible-thumpers would bring fire and brimstone otherwise!"

                        D'okay.

                        How about FU is just a flat-out a-hole, who gives a crap about which side he loosely associates himself with?

                        Wrong thread.

                        /

                        Comment


                        • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

                          I just thought you were less petty than this certain show. You're treading into Flaggy/Kepler/Old Pio territory. Again, FU is in it for FU. Doesn't matter the party, if a person is in his way, he'll get rid of them. Political lines don't matter.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                          Comment


                          • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

                            Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            I just thought you were less petty than this certain show. You're treading into Flaggy/Kepler/Old Pio territory. Again, FU is in it for FU. Doesn't matter the party, if a person is in his way, he'll get rid of them. Political lines don't matter.


                            Not referring to the character.

                            I'm referring to the choice that the producers made when they created the show.

                            Comment


                            • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

                              Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              Not referring to the character.

                              I'm referring to the choice that the producers made when they created the show.
                              And I think the character is strong (?) hard-core/ruthless enough where it didn't really matter what party he belonged to.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                              Comment


                              • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

                                The kind of redneck who would complain about Underwood being portrayed as a Republican, is probably the kind of redneck whose TV and film viewing is limited to PureFlix in the first place.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X