X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    IIRC, end of season 2. If you're telling me Bruce is dead and Jim is single I'll start up again. I deeply miss Cobblepot.

Edit: S2, Ep 8 was my breaking point, but it had been building a while.
    Its still sitting on my dvr but I stopped watching a few episodes before that...I think.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      IIRC, end of season 2. If you're telling me Bruce is dead and Jim is single I'll start up again. I deeply miss Cobblepot.

Edit: S2, Ep 8 was my breaking point, but it had been building a while.
      Potential spoilers:

Cobblepot is back. Bruce is not dead, but he's gotten darker. I haven't finished S2 yet but he might be single based on the what Wiki said about the final episode.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I wont say whether he is single or not but this is definitely a situation I have never seen him in before. Oh and the Riddler has gone full on nutso...not campy nutso like "Cross me and I will eat your face" nutso
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Jeopardy is having fun with April 1st today.

In a subtle way, which is neat.

Alex Trebek walks out at the start of the show in shorts. They pan away for a few moments, and he is in a full suit.

You look at the contestants, they pan away, you look back, all their scores are backwards, they pan away again, then all the scores are the right way again.

They give you a glimpse of the board, and there is something different there, then you look back and it's the same.
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Americans:

My off the wall theory is that Elizabeth and Philip take out Gabriel and the old lady, after they are found out by their neighbor, and they either go into hiding (THEY COULD BE ANY OF US!!!!!-esque) or they defect. I don't think they're taking out Paige. Under any circumstances, the Pastor and his wife are cooked at this point.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

The Ranch on Netflix. A laugh track with Sam Elliot. Horrors! I'm giving it one episode.

Up to ep 5. Sam Elliot, Debra Winger, & Ashton Kutcher who is also the Executive Producer.

6 on a scale of 10.
              Last edited by joecct; 04-01-2016, 11:09 PM.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Hammer: given your last point, that's why I stated my theory. It's bold, crazy, and ties up all loose ends that NEED to be tied up, at this point. Big risk, big reward for viewer reaction.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Watching a show right now and I see a woman who I recognized from something else, but couldn't place her. At any rate, this had me on IMDB to look for info, and then I followed a chain, so on and so forth, until I came across a Star Trek title I didn't recognize. Recognizing it as fan fiction, I just decided to look at the cast list. Either these people who have had fairly successful acting careers are working on the cheap or these fanfic movies are getting a lot more funding than ever before. This one has Ray Wise in a lead role, and a few other notable names in support. Crowd source funding, is my guess.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

That movie is all crowd-funded. Ray Wise is also in that terrible God's Not Dead sequel(if you don't know, lucky you), so he'll do anything for a pay check, and presumably not a very big one either.
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Didn't I read something about Paramount going after the crowd-founded Star Trek stuff?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        Didn't I read something about Paramount going after the crowd-founded Star Trek stuff?
                        Some of it, but not all of it. I think it depends upon if the timelines and such are going to conflict with their official Star Trek show that will be on CBS starting sometime next year. There was one movie in particular that they're going after with ferocity because the producers started, basically, mouthing off about being the most authentic Star Trek show going now.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

HoC

Finished up. Really good show although I think season 1 is my favorite. Would have liked to have spent more time with that era of Frank.

Anyway, see below...

Not a fan of Claire being the VP candidate. I won't say the show Jumped the Shark, but the plausibility is stretched more than the considerable amount that it already was.

My wife is on S4 E3 right now and we don't discuss the show, but this morning she offered that she really hopes that they're not going in the direction of Claire being the VP as the country would never go for that in reality.

Seems she sees it the same way that I do.

We both love that these horrible, despicable people are Dems. Nice touch as the obvious Hollywood angle would be to have them be Republicans.

The next season is in 2017? Would have thought they'd try to have it come out during the fall and the actual election.

Comment

I think your plausibility point is valid, however, I think they are doing that to prove how ridiculous US politics is, and what COULD happen, and they are dead on. I mean, when Trump announced he was running last year, who DIDN'T laugh? Yet, here we are. Even Slick Willy (Bill Clinton) has basically said that 99% of the show is dead-on for how things work, the only thing that didn't seem believable was passing the education bill that quickly. I really don't know whether to laugh or cry at that observation.

I can see your point about S1, as it was an in-your-face type of show. Obviously we kind of got used to that style, and now (even though this new season is back to that style), we reminisce about S1.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              I can see your point about S1, as it was an in-your-face type of show. Obviously we kind of got used to that style, and now (even though this new season is back to that style), we reminisce about S1.

It's not the style, it was where Frank was and his position that I enjoyed.

I think the story lines in the House could have been fun/interesting had they been explored for another season or two before moving on to higher offices.

To be honest, this most recent season was probably my least favorite and I actually enjoyed 3 more.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                It's not the style, it was where Frank was and his position that I enjoyed.

I think the story lines in the House could have been fun/interesting had they been explored for another season or two before moving on to higher offices.
                                I agree with this. Getting power is always more interesting that keeping it.

They were smart to make FU a Dem. If they had made him a Republican the whiners would have peed in, if not sh-at in, the well. This way they could just have a show.

Plus, what's the challenge in making a Republican a sociopath? You don't even need to act.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X