X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Brenthoven, (HoC spoiler)

We need Sad Doug to see why Determined Doug is so driven. Dr. Mrs. calls it his "sniper on the roof." And the actor is amazing at portraying somebody clawing the crumbling ledge until his fingers bleed.

Creeper Doug doesn't fit. It's like Fitzgerald putting a clown face on Gatsby and saying, "and oh yeah, he's also a child molester."
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yeah the Doug stuff is kind of nuts. He has good stories (like with the Press Secretary) and then the stupid creeper ones. I get what they are trying to do, but I just think it is unneeded.

As for Remy and Whatsherface...well I hope she is gone and he comes back later but as the badass he was in season 1. He s a waste now.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Yeah the Doug stuff is kind of nuts. He has good stories (like with the Press Secretary) and then the stupid creeper ones. I get what they are trying to do, but I just think it is unneeded.

As for Remy and Whatsherface...well I hope she is gone and he comes back later but as the badass he was in season 1. He s a waste now.
        I can see Kep's point about Doug.

As for Remy, he needed to do what he did in S4, so he COULD come back like he was in Season 1. Kind of a know thyself sort of thing. She was a good catalyst, but there's really no room for her now.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Bosch season 2 has been pretty good so far
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The Americans

Great ep. I'm thinking next season might be (and prob should be) the last season. Things are coming to a head now. I have a certain feeling an event will eventually happen, and that would be epic. (hidden below)

Elizabeth will have to kill Philip as he's a danger to the Centre.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

This seems to have gotten almost no run in the U.S. (I know Maize watched) but I finally got around to E1 of S2 of Broadchurch and it did not disappoint at all. It remains as gripping and gut-wrenching as ever and I look forward to what they do with the rest of the season. David Tenant and Olivia Colman are again brilliant separately, but when on scene together even better, Jodie Whittaker (some might recognize her from a very poorly done series The Assets) is wonderful as the heartbroken mother, and Charlotte Rampling adds a lot of cachet to the overall cast.

Brent - E2 was great and for me saved the downer I had after E1 which left me wanting. As for your prediction - it's very bold and since the story can't (shouldn't) have a happy ending wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

This could be a fun watch or a Sharknado disaster

http://wtop.com/tv/2016/03/new-tv-se...anged-history/
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Looks like us few still watching The Walking Dead will finally get to see Lucille next week.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    Looks like us few still watching The Walking Dead will finally get to see Lucille next week.
                    I'm watching. Just got nothing to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      I'm watching. Just got nothing to say.
                      I know many in the same boat. I am in there, too. I've just Been waiting with baited breath for Negan.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Black Sails has been really good this season. The legend of Long John Silver is born.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Vinyl just keeps getting better.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

it just came to me today that Richie's probably going to have to go to the mob boss for a loan to keep his company going.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Better Call Saul:

Another good setup episode, ALONG with some plot-movement. And those dam cliffhangers! Come on, man!

Comment

The way he went about things was typical Saul. And hysterical. (trying not to leave spoilers here)
                                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X