• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    3 season of Jimmy
    1 season of Saul, pre-BB
    1 season of Saul, post-BB
    Apparently there will be at least one more season. AMC just renewed it for Season 3.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

HoC: season 3 was off the rails. Season 4 is back to the good stuff.

Saul: I like that plan of 3-1-1.

Some real nice moments in this latest episode, especially at the end.

The Americans starts tomorrow, I think. ZOMG, I cannot wait.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

60 Days In.

Started earlier this month, caught the first episode last night. It's pretty good.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/expre...-you-straight/
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Whoa. That sounds amazing. I'm going to have to check that out.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'm enjoying Limitless a lot more than I expected. The lead guy portrays that laid-back slacker, wise-*** so effortlessly he just draws you in to it. And it's just a good bit of goofy fun to watch.

The opening scene to the latest episode was just hilarious, a great use of lip-sync.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Whoa. That sounds amazing. I'm going to have to check that out.
              Please don't. I would like to see it not get cancelled.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

And because it's TV related on this fine faux holiday:

"Top of the morning to ye on this gray, grizzly afternoon. Kent O'Brockman live on Main Street, where today everyone is a little bit Irish, except, of course, for the gays and the Italians."
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  And because it's TV related on this fine faux holiday:

"Top of the morning to ye on this gray, grizzly afternoon. Kent O'Brockman live on Main Street, where today everyone is a little bit Irish, except, of course, for the gays and the Italians."
                  "Ladies and gentlemen, what you are seeing is a total disregard for the things St. Patrick's Day stand for. All this drinking, violence, destruction of property. Are these the things we think of when we think of the Irish?"

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    "Ladies and gentlemen, what you are seeing is a total disregard for the things St. Patrick's Day stand for. All this drinking, violence, destruction of property. Are these the things we think of when we think of the Irish?"
                    Have you seen Sully????
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Finally bought the season pass of The Americans after the business of the past few days. Re-watched last season's finale first, to refresh the little things.

I am pleased with how things are progressing.

Not a spoiler at all, since unless you have seen the show (and the new episode in particular), you will have no clue what I'm talking about:

The black-hat earrings were a nice touch towards the end. I don't know if that was on purpose or not, but I have a feeling it was.

Comment

Finished House of Cards. General comments with spoilers below:

On the whole, this was the best season since the first. I loved almost every subarc and I loved them bringing the band back together.

Minor nit: Doug's whole guilt subplot is inane and utterly unbelievable. Doug is a wonderfully complex, dangerous character and I resent the tawdriness.

The final shot where Frank is now joined in breaking the fourth wall with Claire was interesting but I'm not sure I approve. The tension between their internal divisions and their working together against the rest of the world is the key dynamic of the show. If they become too much of an Underwood Borg it will lose something important.

Buttercup better win an Emmy. This was the single strongest season performance by any woman in any TV show, ever, by a lot. The scenes of her and Mom alone were devastating and brilliant.

The acclamation at the convention was lazy. I understand they had burrowed so deep they wanted a quick pull out, but I'd almost have preferred we cut to the White House two weeks after the speech and simply pass over the resolution in Atlanta. Maybe get a reax from Conway basically looking at his wife, like, "well, that settles that."

I love Conway and his wife, too. Did I mention this was a great season?

Dr. Mrs. and I are bitterly divided on whether the veep general's naivete is believable. I say no, the members of the joint chiefs are every bit the sleazy politicians of the civilian side; she says it's possible he was promoted directly from the field and is the real thing, and is thus appalled at how sausages are made. We argue about this late into the night.

Riding with Remy off into the night was cheesy. Dr. Mrs. hated it, but I wanted them to have their happiness. Plus I'm not worried that it'll stay that way -- we're not done with Remy yet.

I give this season an A+, and appreciate how well it was done. There is room for gloriously non-stupid TV.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 03-22-2016, 11:28 AM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Kepler, in response to one of your points, and yes, spoiler-related content:

I love Determined Doug. Sad Doug is pathetic, and Creeper Doug (who has some of Sad Doug in him; I mean, the widow? Really?) is just terrible.

Comment

tonights jury episode is pretty friggin' funny
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Better Call Saul:

Some seeds planted, but no real development (relatively). Very enjoyable, given the seeds, especially with someone that isn't the star of the show....

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                tonights jury episode is pretty friggin' funny
                                Best show on TV. Friggin incredible.
                                Originally posted by dicaslover
                                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X