Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV, or not TV, that is the question

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Pretty sure Gilligan has said 4-5. But season 5 may be post-BB.
    There's definitely not 5 seasons here without one of them being post BB. I do think there's something big coming with his brother, either a major health issue of a skeleton in his closet.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR


    God, that was fun...

    Comment


    • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

      Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      There's definitely not 5 seasons here without one of them being post BB. I do think there's something big coming with his brother, either a major health issue of a skeleton in his closet.
      3 season of Jimmy
      1 season of Saul, pre-BB
      1 season of Saul, post-BB
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

      RIP - Kirby

      Comment


      • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

        HoC

        Always meant to get around to watching this as I heard great things about it and I follow actual politics.

        Great show. Far exceeding (my high) expectations.

        Season 2, episode 1... My jaw literally dropped.

        3 or 4 into season 2. Started watching Sunday night.

        Comment


        • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

          TWD - getting progressively more bored with this show as the years go by.

          It's honestly a similar arc over and over. What else is there to this story and why should I keep caring?


          I've heard Neegan is something else though, so we'll see.

          Comment


          • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

            Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            HoC

            Always meant to get around to watching this as I heard great things about it and I follow actual politics.

            Great show. Far exceeding (my high) expectations.

            Season 2, episode 1... My jaw literally dropped.

            3 or 4 into season 2. Started watching Sunday night.
            My thoughts of HoC is that it is very good for the first 2 seasons, not the best show up there, but solidly in the top 3-5. Season 3 was ok, but a letdown. Season 4, so far (I think I have 1 episode left), is the best season yet. Incredibly good. It still isn't the best show I've seen this season, it doesn't beat Fargo, or possibly Better Call Saul (still TBD), and I seriously doubt that it will end up better than GoT.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

            RIP - Kirby

            Comment


            • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

              Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              TWD - getting progressively more bored with this show as the years go by.

              It's honestly a similar arc over and over. What else is there to this story and why should I keep caring?


              I've heard Neegan is something else though, so we'll see.
              Agreed. Still watching it, but it really is just rehashing the same stuff over and over.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

              RIP - Kirby

              Comment


              • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

                Up through Episode 6 of House of Cards, this is my favorite season since the first one. Very well done.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  3 season of Jimmy
                  1 season of Saul, pre-BB
                  1 season of Saul, post-BB
                  That makes sense, but that's also probably the upper limit of how far they can go with this.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR


                  God, that was fun...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    Agreed. Still watching it, but it really is just rehashing the same stuff over and over.
                    Yep. Everyone is just waiting for Negan, and they know it.
                    the state of hockey is good

                    Comment


                    • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

                      Thoughts on the Bachelor finale, because I know you all depend on me.

                      Spoilers below:

                      1. When Dr. Mrs. and I held our fantasy bachelorette draft, I won the RPS and drafted Lauren B. #1 overall. She said she would have done the same. So, both of us picked the eventual winner using only the picture and little bio provided by the show prior to the first limo greetings. Either we are all tapped into a Jungian synchronous collective unconscious, or we both have watched way too much television, or it was a coincidence (albeit one with odds of 26-squared to 1).

                      2. Both women looked beautiful in their finale dresses, JoJo because she was a little s-x kitten and Lauren because Lauren is, genuinely, a lovely woman.

                      3. JoJo was so forgettable throughout the run of the show that I didn't recognize her on her final date. I mean, come on son.

                      4. Ben proved himself an empty suit, first by his heel routine of being "in love" with both women, then by his inept and self-centered dumping of JoJo.

                      5. Although it is my standing contention that there is no genuine emotion in the show and that everybody is there for their 15 minutes / to hype whatever sad sack soap opera acting career they aspire to, Lauren at times actually looked like she might have a wisp of sincere feeling for Ben, which is grotesque because (a) it's Ben, and (b) it's a contrived voyeuristic cattle call to get middle-aged brood sows to cake on more makeup, so actual emotional involvement would indicate desperation or a pathology.

                      6. The final ran 3 hours. We fast forwarded through everything unnecessary. Our viewing time was about 18 minutes.

                      7. Ben was the second-most boring Bachelor of all time, second to that flyover stiff 4 cocks ago, Sean. He had no chemistry with anyone, and was also shifty-eyed and bored. May he live long and prosper as the assistant manager of whatever La Quinta Inn he winds up at.

                      8. This was an unfortunate cycle because the drunk sobered up quickly, the villain went home about show 4, and there was really nothing redeeming about any of the on-screen personnel. The show has long-teetered on the lip of too much product placement and this year it slipped over, making many of the group dates unwatchable. The music choice for the one on one after parties is too often that sickeningly stale country/pop crossover dreck that clogs the arteries of the prairie haus fraus that are the show's go to demo. There is no longer any attempt to bring in younger viewers, bathing the whole show in a sad sort of furniture store narcolepsy.



                      Finally, Chris Harrison's gettin' old, and his interaction with the cast continues to decrease. Chris is either losing interest or being phased out, and to be honest as with T. J. Lavin it's probably time to let it go. The boys of summer are gone, gentlemen. Depart with dignity.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                      Comment


                      • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

                        Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        Yep. Everyone is just waiting for Negan, and they know it.
                        It's been fun since I learned what happens when he shows up (at least in the comics) and telling my wife that she is going to be pretty pizzed. She keeps guessing but hasn't landed on it yet. Should be interesting when he finally makes his appearance with Lucille.

                        Comment


                        • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

                          Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Thoughts on the Bachelor finale, because I know you all depend on me.

                          Spoilers below:

                          1. When Dr. Mrs. and I held our fantasy bachelorette draft, I won the RPS and drafted Lauren B. #1 overall. She said she would have done the same. So, both of us picked the eventual winner using only the picture and little bio provided by the show prior to the first limo greetings. Either we are all tapped into a Jungian synchronous collective unconscious, or we both have watched way too much television, or it was a coincidence (albeit one with odds of 26-squared to 1).

                          2. Both women looked beautiful in their finale dresses, JoJo because she was a little s-x kitten and Lauren because Lauren is, genuinely, a lovely woman.

                          3. JoJo was so forgettable throughout the run of the show that I didn't recognize her on her final date. I mean, come on son.

                          4. Ben proved himself an empty suit, first by his heel routine of being "in love" with both women, then by his inept and self-centered dumping of JoJo.

                          5. Although it is my standing contention that there is no genuine emotion in the show and that everybody is there for their 15 minutes / to hype whatever sad sack soap opera acting career they aspire to, Lauren at times actually looked like she might have a wisp of sincere feeling for Ben, which is grotesque because (a) it's Ben, and (b) it's a contrived voyeuristic cattle call to get middle-aged brood sows to cake on more makeup, so actual emotional involvement would indicate desperation or a pathology.

                          6. The final ran 3 hours. We fast forwarded through everything unnecessary. Our viewing time was about 18 minutes.

                          7. Ben was the second-most boring Bachelor of all time, second to that flyover stiff 4 cocks ago, Sean. He had no chemistry with anyone, and was also shifty-eyed and bored. May he live long and prosper as the assistant manager of whatever La Quinta Inn he winds up at.

                          8. This was an unfortunate cycle because the drunk sobered up quickly, the villain went home about show 4, and there was really nothing redeeming about any of the on-screen personnel. The show has long-teetered on the lip of too much product placement and this year it slipped over, making many of the group dates unwatchable. The music choice for the one on one after parties is too often that sickeningly stale country/pop crossover dreck that clogs the arteries of the prairie haus fraus that are the show's go to demo. There is no longer any attempt to bring in younger viewers, bathing the whole show in a sad sort of furniture store narcolepsy.



                          Finally, Chris Harrison's gettin' old, and his interaction with the cast continues to decrease. Chris is either losing interest or being phased out, and to be honest as with T. J. Lavin it's probably time to let it go. The boys of summer are gone, gentlemen. Depart with dignity.
                          I also did a fantasy league with some college friends who (have to) watch with their wives. Honestly it makes it alot more fun to yell at the screen as things happen. Ours did the draft on its own, though, we didn't get to draft ourselves. That said, I still could have won if Caila made the final two. So close!

                          Cornell '04, Stanford '06


                          KDR

                          Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

                          Test to see if I can add this.

                          Comment


                          • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            My thoughts of HoC is that it is very good for the first 2 seasons, not the best show up there, but solidly in the top 3-5. Season 3 was ok, but a letdown. Season 4, so far (I think I have 1 episode left), is the best season yet. Incredibly good. It still isn't the best show I've seen this season, it doesn't beat Fargo, or possibly Better Call Saul (still TBD), and I seriously doubt that it will end up better than GoT.
                            After the finale my gf said "Ummm...HOLY !!@#!!". Her favorite character by far is Claire cause she doesnt think she is totally evil...well not anymore! (dont worry that spoils nothing)
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

                            "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

                            Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                            Comment


                            • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

                              Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                              It's been fun since I learned what happens when he shows up (at least in the comics) and telling my wife that she is going to be pretty pizzed. She keeps guessing but hasn't landed on it yet. Should be interesting when he finally makes his appearance with Lucille.

                              I don't want to know any specific spoilers, but I have heard one.

                              I'm good.

                              Needs to be a culling anyway as there are too many characters and too many arcs right now.

                              It's hard to get invested in any of them as none are getting very much screen time.

                              Comment


                              • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

                                Speaking of spoilers...

                                I accidentally stumbled on the HoC season one whopper as I was trying to figure out where I knew the actor from.

                                Right there on page 1 of Google.

                                I was pizzed although I know better.

                                Currently in HoC operational darkness right now.

                                Probably shouldn't even be in here...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X