Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV, or not TV, that is the question

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

    Welp, Ms. Isringhausen won her Emmy tonight. Holy **** has this OJ show been amazing.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

    Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

    Western College Hockey Blog

    Comment


    • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

      Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Dear everyone, please be extremely careful about house of cards spoilers.
      Possible Spoilers....

      Frank Underwood is Keyser Söze.

      Comment


      • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

        Originally posted by Bigus Paulus View Post
        Possible Spoilers....

        Frank Underwood is Keyser Söze.
        Frank killed Nicole. The gloves just didn't fit. He got lucky.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

        Comment


        • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

          Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
          The main difference being the complete lack of any sort of stakes to the story. It coasts by on reputation, but unless you're a Breaking Bad fanboy, it's just not very good.
          Only someone with a complete lack of taste would think this.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

          RIP - Kirby

          Comment


          • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

            No surprise here,

            http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/p...rges/81572946/
            A bad cause requires many words.

            Comment


            • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

              Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
              God bless McPaper. I just learned 50 cent is broke.

              But he's also a Yankee fan, so ef him.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

              Comment


              • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

                Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                God bless McPaper. I just learned 50 cent is broke.

                But he's also a Yankee fan, so ef him.
                Fitty ain't got two dimes to rub together!
                Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

                Comment


                • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

                  Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                  Fitty ain't got two dimes to rub together!
                  I do not understand why the very first thing they buy, even before Momma's house, is not a friggin' accountant.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                  Comment


                  • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

                    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    I do not understand why the very first thing they buy, even before Momma's house, is not a friggin' accountant.
                    The stars have accountants that their agents find for them, but the stars that go broke just ignore them.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

                    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

                    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

                    Comment


                    • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

                      Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      I do not understand why the very first thing they buy, even before Momma's house, is not a friggin' accountant.
                      Because even when they seek financial help, many of them end up falling for charlatans that give bad investment advice, and soak up a lot of their money. Just ask any sports figure.

                      Comment


                      • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

                        Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Because even when they seek financial help, many of them end up falling for charlatans that give bad investment advice, and soak up a lot of their money. Just ask any sports figure.
                        30 For 30 Broke covers a lot of this. Also, they tend to hire friends and family, instead of people who know what the * they are doing.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                        Comment


                        • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

                          A lot of them go from not having a pot to **** in to having multiple millions and just have no clue what to do.

                          Jeff Fisher of the (formerly) St. Louis Rams has a mandatory financial planning meeting with all of his draft picks every year before he'll allow them to sign their contracts. The story goes that he starts off this meeting by bringing a briefcase into the room, opening it, and dropping one million dollars cash on the table in front of all of them. He then proceeds to divvy it up and say "that's 39% in taxes, that's 10% to your agent, that's your mortgage, that's your living expenses, etc." and it's almost all gone by the end.
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

                          Comment


                          • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

                            Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                            A lot of them go from not having a pot to **** in to having multiple millions and just have no clue what to do.

                            Jeff Fisher of the (formerly) St. Louis Rams has a mandatory financial planning meeting with all of his draft picks every year before he'll allow them to sign their contracts. The story goes that he starts off this meeting by bringing a briefcase into the room, opening it, and dropping one million dollars cash on the table in front of all of them. He then proceeds to divvy it up and say "that's 39% in taxes, that's 10% to your agent, that's your mortgage, that's your living expenses, etc." and it's almost all gone by the end.
                            The other thing so many guys don't quite comprehend is the getting 17 checks in 17 weeks and then NOTHING the rest of the year...they have to plan for the other 35 weeks of the year and thats not easy for anyone...especially for these guy when they see all the zeros on their bank balance as they try not to overspend.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

                            Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

                            Comment


                            • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

                              Man House of Cards is back and it is killing it! I am not done with the season yet but lord it is back to its Season 1-2 greatness!
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

                              "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

                              Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                              Comment


                              • Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

                                Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Man House of Cards is back and it is killing it! I am not done with the season yet but lord it is back to its Season 1-2 greatness!
                                Agreed wholeheartedly. That being said:

                                Spoilers:
                                What the hell was with that clip of the meta-data guy jamming to electronica, while half-naked? That better be explained and I'm not talking "he's just weird." We KNEW that.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X