This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Handy: that opening was indeed painfully slow. It picks up, though.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      So I watched the first episode of Better Call Saul...I realize this was the pilot and all but jesus it moved slow. I know some people love shows like that where each episode goes on and on and is like a corner piece in a large puzzle but honestly I ****ed near fell asleep until the end.

And I know someone will say "just wait it gets better as it goes on" but people said that about Mr. Robot and I wanted to throw my tv out the window when I finished season 1 of that.
      Saul is 50 times better that Mr. Robot. It has a very BB vibe while being distictly different from BB.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

House Of Cards:

Watched the first new ep tonight. It's back to the mental chess that makes the show so great. Lovin' it.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Final episode of Mythbusters is tonight... So much science learned from those guys.... End of n era
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            Final episode of Mythbusters is tonight... So much science learned from those guys.... End of n era
            I'm gonna miss them.

The last episode was well done.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
              Fark. Gonna have to watch it somehow.

Comment

Finally watched the first It's Always Sunny... and now I know what I've been missing out if this one is any indication. Look forward to more of it.

Comment

Anyone else watching American Crime? I'm two episodes behind but I have figured out one thing. There isn't a single sympathetic character left. Well, maybe one. But she's a minor character. Same thing with How to Get Away with Murder. No sympathetic characters. It's kind of draining.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Anyone else watching American Crime? I'm two episodes behind but I have figured out one thing. There isn't a single sympathetic character left. Well, maybe one. But she's a minor character. Same thing with How to Get Away with Murder. No sympathetic characters. It's kind of draining.
                    It's why I never enjoyed Nip/Tuck after about the second season. Not a likeable character in the whole bunch.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

4 eps into House Of Cards.

Wow. Didn't see that one coming. There was some foreshadowing, but to do that this quickly? Man....

Hidden:

Not Meachem!!! Goddammit.

Comment

Dear everyone, please be extremely careful about house of cards spoilers.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Dear everyone, please be extremely careful about house of cards spoilers.

Claire has AIDS, and Frank is forlorn, but thankfully he invested in a fruit company. I think it was something like Orange, or Kiwi.....He got rich.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Claire has AIDS, and Frank is forlorn, but thankfully he invested in a fruit company. I think it was something like Orange, or Kiwi.....He got rich.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR1rV6MtIco

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              Saul is 50 times better that Mr. Robot. It has a very BB vibe while being distictly different from BB.
                              The main difference being the complete lack of any sort of stakes to the story. It coasts by on reputation, but unless you're a Breaking Bad fanboy, it's just not very good.
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                                The main difference being the complete lack of any sort of stakes to the story. It coasts by on reputation, but unless you're a Breaking Bad fanboy, it's just not very good.
                                Not really. It's a good show. The BONUS is being a Breaking Bad fan. That being said:

House Of Cards:

It definitely has its swerve back. If you scribbled lines onto a piece of paper, that is about the same way you could make all the connections and plot lines. Love it.

Better Call Saul:

Great episode, making huge headway into the endgame. Still a long way to go, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X