This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

man this OJ thingy is getting amusing...
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      That's the X-files.

Every time it feels like you're getting close, they move the goalposts. Was that way back in the day also.

I will say that a TON was revealed last night and in ep 1.

All of that stuff is now revealed and there's no going back from that part of the storyline.

I'm not interested in an Einstein/Miller spinoff (although I kinda liked them and how they were used in this mini-series), but I'll watch more if they bring back Mulder and Scully.
      I thought MAYBE, FINALLY, they would get some closure, but nope. And I heard this morning that negotiations with Duchovny/Anderson haven't even started. So, don't think much will happen.

As far as Better Call Saul...it was a big hint before, and now it's a for-sure: brother's shadow/watching eye. "You think I'm a hack-lawyer now? Oh, just you wait..." sorta thing. And the cracks in Jimmy's romantic relationship have been cemented.

One flaw I can see now, and it's obvious...wouldn't SOMEone recognize "Saul" as Jimmy and start asking questions? They could explain that, I suppose, in future eps, but it is a question that should be answered...
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        man this OJ thingy is getting amusing...
        Has Marcia Clark taken an overly dramatic puff from a cig while announcing OJ will be "taken to trial"? Has Johnnie Cochran shout-hissed "CHOOSE A SIDE!!!!"? Because those previews were so camptastic, that Joan Collins would be proud.

I don't shell out for cable like the idiot masses, so I have to ask.

Comment

The X Files finale was a hot mess.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Has Marcia Clark taken an overly dramatic puff from a cig while announcing OJ will be "taken to trial"? Has Johnnie Cochran shout-hissed "CHOOSE A SIDE!!!!"? Because those previews were so camptastic, that Joan Collins would be proud.

if they would just show all eleventeen episodes in order all ready, mookie would camp out and grow bed sores.

johnny is going to tell darden "i'm not here for respect, i'm here TO WIN!!"
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              While it was "hurried" into cramming a lot of the endgame into only an hour, it was decent. That "ending" though...AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I should have known better, but I wanted to believe (don't pardon the pun) that we'd finally have some closure. Nope.
              The X Files' first rule is: No Closure Ever. You have only yourself to blame if you expected something else.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                The X Files finale was a hot mess.
                The ending was spectacular. The setup for the ending was spectacular. You couldn't of asked for anything better.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  The ending was spectacular. The setup for the ending was spectacular. You couldn't of asked for anything better.
                  Opinions vary. I thought it was silly with stupid sprinkled on top.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

The acting is really good in it, actually(except for Travolta). I would have thought Oscar Isaacs was a no-brainer for best miniseries actor, but Courtney B. Vance is going to give him a serious run for his money.
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      Well, then. I suspect that I know what caused Jimmy to tilt into Saul. It's just a matter of the actual action(s).

Just watched.

Was another really good ep.

He just can't help himself and then add in the disapproving brother that he could never please and it's shaping up.

Wonder if they'll bring this guy back at some later point...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP_4z4IoYHs

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        The X Files' first rule is: No Closure Ever. You have only yourself to blame if you expected something else.
                        *sigh* you are correct. I should have known better. BUT I WANTED TO BELIEVE!!!!!

To echo Gurt: Jimmy is just like Walter. He found something he's good at, and just can't resist. It makes HIM happy....just needed that nudge/reason/whatever rationalization.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I'm with Kepler, not impressed with the X-Files finale. It just seemed rushed, and tedious at the same time. I kept dozing off.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                            The acting is really good in it, actually(except for Travolta). I would have thought Oscar Isaacs was a no-brainer for best miniseries actor, but Courtney B. Vance is going to give him a serious run for his money.
                            The acting in the last episode was amazing. The guy playing Ron Goldman's dad was so perfectly believable I had to go back and watch his scene three times. It is possible to play an emotionally charged breakdown just right, without hamming it up. It was also a terrific set up to Clark then being so frustrated by the DA's decision to drop the death penalty. That was the first moment in the show when I could be inside her head.

Also, I can't believe I'm saying this, but Travolta's acting in that episode was excellent. The superficiality and breeziness of the prior episodes was an ideal platform for what happens when his ego is threatened. The "awkward elevator ride" was one of the best scenes in the show so far, which, I gotta tell you, has been just a shade short of brilliant. I assumed this was going to be a hate watch, but no, it's got its hooks in me and I swear the protrayal of these characters has more depth than the actual people, who on the whole struck me at the time as being vacuous ambition machines.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Stephen Hawking was on The Big Bang Theory tonight. I may not understand even a tenth of the man's work, but you have to like a guy who has such a great sense of humor about himself.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

He has been on a couple times...good stuff
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X