X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    X Files: Babylon was horrible. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

It was horrible.
    I didn't think it was that bad. Are they passing the torch? Looks like they could be. I'll watch.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Almost finished with Mr. Robot season 1...it got better but is very very cliche in many parts. The reveal of who Mr. Robot is was so obvious I had it pegged 20 minutes into episode one. Ruined what had been 3 great episodes in a row. I hope the finale fixes that.

edit: W T F...terrible ending to the season. I dont get why people love this show so much...just watch Fight Club it is over faster and at least the narrative works better.
      I agree. I was pretty underwhelmed by it. It wasn't bad, but I definitely didn't think it deserved all of the hype.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        I didn't think it was that bad. Are they passing the torch? Looks like they could be. I'll watch.
        DOubtful. They've already said they want back in.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

First episode of S2 of Better Call Saul was great. I have no doubt that this season will be great just like season 1.

I have really liked all of the episodes of the X-Files season. It sure looks to me like they're going for a reboot with Miller and Einstein.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            I have really liked all of the episodes of the X-Files season. It sure looks to me like they're going for a reboot with Miller and Einstein.
            I think that was a trial balloon. Einstein can stay; Miller's a stiff.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Based upon this, I decided to watch the pilot episode tonight. That was fun! The wedding scene was my favorite part.
              I'm watching Lucifer only because of positive remarks on this thread. I am enjoying it immensely.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Yeah, that part was great. So it sounds like you're one of the people who see him as a charming character instead of the d-bag. This is a good sign for the rest of the show for you.

Glad you liked it. It gets even better.
                Oh no, I see him as a mix of charming and d-baggery, depending upon the situation. He's clearly not pure evil, though he's mostly going through his non-life for his own self satisfaction, he does show the occasional soft spot which can make the character endearing. Still, d-baggery can be a fun trait to watch in a TV show character so long as it's done well.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Keep in mind, this is a show with something like a 50% metacritic rating and it was generally savaged in the ratings. I don't get the generalized hate. I can certainly see a bunch of uptight dickwads like AV Club hating this show. People need to have more fun in life.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    Oh no, I see him as a mix of charming and d-baggery, depending upon the situation. He's clearly not pure evil, though he's mostly going through his non-life for his own self satisfaction, he does show the occasional soft spot which can make the character endearing. Still, d-baggery can be a fun trait to watch in a TV show character so long as it's done well.
                    Agreed. There's a charming dbag and an annoying dbag. If he wasn't played by Ellis, I'm not sure that show survives it's first few episodes. Could be wrong though.

Edit: Whoa. Lucifer still pulled in a 1.6 despite going up against the Grammys. That's huge for Fox. X-Files did a 2.1 but it's been a ratings giant for Fox this year. It will be interesting to see what happens with Lucifer when Gotham replaces X-Files. Based on the ratings from this week, I think it's got it's core audience locked in.

Edit 2: Lucifer was actually hitting as high as 3.8 on the plus seven day ratings.
                    Last edited by dxmnkd316; 02-17-2016, 09:30 AM.
                    Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      I think that was a trial balloon. Einstein can stay; Miller's a stiff.
                      I don't think so. I think it was just a goof by Carter. Goof, as in, joke. They already tried the X-Files with people other than Mulder and Scully, and it wasn't terrific. Doing it without Mulder and Scully, but with younger Mulder and Scully clones would be stretching the audience's patience.

I think Duchovny and Anderson are fine with doing more X-Files, as long as it's limited episode runs like this, rather than a full 18-20 episode season.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        I think Duchovny and Anderson are fine with doing more X-Files, as long as it's limited episode runs like this, rather than a full 18-20 episode season.
                        I dunno. Whereas the conspiracy stuff was creepy when they did it, now... well frankly a real life with ISIS and Ted Cruz is creepier than any X file. The monster of the week is fine but will become repetitive. Mulder and Scully's baby is a godawful and maudlin storyline. The UFO arc is done to death. Attempts so far to become philosophically interesting just show the shallow, cliche-ridden ineptitude of the writers. They have nowhere to go.

In keeping with Murray's wearing Kolchak's clothes in that episode, X Files is itself as dated a 90s show as Kolchak was a 70s show. It should be retired, honorably and affectionately. Give Fox his sister and Scully her brat and let them live out their days blissfully unaware that the real conspiracy was us along.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 02-17-2016, 10:23 AM.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Agreed. There's a charming dbag and an annoying dbag. If he wasn't played by Ellis, I'm not sure that show survives it's first few episodes. Could be wrong though.

Edit: Whoa. Lucifer still pulled in a 1.6 despite going up against the Grammys. That's huge for Fox. X-Files did a 2.1 but it's been a ratings giant for Fox this year. It will be interesting to see what happens with Lucifer when Gotham replaces X-Files. Based on the ratings from this week, I think it's got it's core audience locked in.

Edit 2: Lucifer was actually hitting as high as 3.8 on the plus seven day ratings.
                          Unless it tanks when Gotham comes back (not likely) Lucifer is all but guaranteed to be renewed which was not predicted when it was announced.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            I don't think so. I think it was just a goof by Carter. Goof, as in, joke. They already tried the X-Files with people other than Mulder and Scully, and it wasn't terrific. Doing it without Mulder and Scully, but with younger Mulder and Scully clones would be stretching the audience's patience.

I never even thought of a re-boot, because that would make me puke my guts out. I thought it was a goof, also, and an entertaining one. And to say the old X-Files with the different agents wasn't terrific is being overly-polite.

I thought I heard Duchovny's all for a full season, but Anderson is not (necessarily), due to her other work in theater and such, but I could be wrong.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The People vs. OJ Simpson is actually really, really good. Would not have guessed that going in.
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                                The People vs. OJ Simpson is actually really, really good. Would not have guessed that going in.
                                Saw the preview in the theater waiting for The Force Awakens. It looked like a camped up, sudsy version of the whole story, TBH.

Comment

Working...
                                X