X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    So basically somebody remade Heroes?
    Actually, NBC is doing just that very thing. Some new Heroes show begins this fall. They're going the George Lucas route and making a prequel series.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Overall I was disappointed in Season 2. I still thought it was good, but outside of Rachel McAdams the acting was very pedestrian at best, painful at worst (Vince Vaughn).
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        I thought Season 1 was good. I don't know that I'd fawn over it like some critics, but I didn't regret watching it. I thought the story could have probably been condensed into maybe four episodes, but it at least generally held my attention.

Season 2 sucked, and its too bad, because I thought the premise had possibilities, the cast had some talent. But it was a story that could have been told in a very average two hour made for television movie. The Lera Lynn songs were good, and probably the only redeeming feature of Season 2.
        The issues with season 2 were mostly due to crappy writing and crappy directing. I think the actors/actresses did fine with the material given, and I think the general plot was fine. The way the plot was executed, from a writing the details perspective, and direction were not good.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Overall, on True Detective, I think I have a higher opinion of it than most people. I think the highs hit with me better than they did with other people, so I have an overall higher opinion of Season 2. But, overall, this season is much, much weaker than Season 1. It isn't Season 7 of Dexter bad, or Season 3 of Homeland bad, though, so there should be some perspective. Part of the reason it seems so bad is because Season 1 was so incredible, that the dropoff, to even mediocre is huge.
          That, and it had Vince Vaughn in a major role. "You're a lousy actor". Truer words were never spoken. I can only hope the actress was breaking character and just telling it like it is.

That said, I liked the ending. The final scene in Venezuela almost made sitting through the whole thing worthwhile. Made up for the last episode where, how in the hell did James Frain's character know what tunnel entrance Woodrugh would be coming out of and was just sitting there waiting for him?

I liked it well enough. But it did pale badly compared to the first season.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            That, and it had Vince Vaughn in a major role. "You're a lousy actor". Truer words were never spoken. I can only hope the actress was breaking character and just telling it like it is.

That said, I liked the ending. The final scene in Venezuela almost made sitting through the whole thing worthwhile. Made up for the last episode where, how in the hell did James Frain's character know what tunnel entrance Woodrugh would be coming out of and was just sitting there waiting for him?

I liked it well enough. But it did pale badly compared to the first season.
            I have to disagree. The final scene in Venezuela made my opinion worse, not better.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Amazon has season 1 of Rocky and Bullwinkle for free for Prime members. Seasons 2-4 are $1.99 per show (BOO!)
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Anyway, I think it's wonderful, but that may be because my pals Crazy Ashley and Clare Bear are back.
                If he already wasn't aware, I hope Mr. I has realized what a ****-poor job he did raising his daughters.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  If he already wasn't aware, I hope Mr. I has realized what a ****-poor job he did raising his daughters.
                  DMK made exactly this point, and I mean exactly.

Ashley I. does however have incredible tear ducts. She has now been crying non-stop for 4 days and isn't running dry. And she's the more stable sister.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So basically somebody remade Heroes?
                    Misfits, much better than Heroes.

Comment

Can't believe I haven't seen comments on the finale of True Detective. Are people ****ed, disappointed, bored, What?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                        Can't believe I haven't seen comments on the finale of True Detective. Are people ****ed, disappointed, bored, What?
                        Did you read below. There were some comments. For example I called it a maggot filled piece of ****.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Finally got around to trying out Netflix/Marvel Daredevil episode 1. Loved it. Love the guy they have playing Matt Murdock/Daredevil. Can't wait to watch more. Makes wasting my time on True Detective seem even more silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            They weren't spin-offs, but both basically ridiculed contestants of reality shows.
                            The absolute worst in that category is I Wanna Marry Harry. The show itself was unwatchable, but the stories about the production of it are amazing.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Finally got around to trying out Netflix/Marvel Daredevil episode 1. Loved it. Love the guy they have playing Matt Murdock/Daredevil. Can't wait to watch more. Makes wasting my time on True Detective seem even more silly.
                              I'm about 1/2 through season 1. You will not be disappointed.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                                Misfits, much better than Heroes.
                                No Ordinary Family or whatever it was called should have lasted longer.

Comment

Working...
                                X