• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jerphisch
    replied
    Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    I just signed up for Netflix today, and have watched the first few episodes of Jessica Jones. It's based upon a Marvel comic of the same name that was released under their "Mature" line up, and it really downplays the overall use of special powers in the show, probably for production costs, though they do occasionally appear. Jones is a PI, trying to remain as anonymous as possible, but using her unique skills to perform the jobs that other PIs can't. It's grittier than other Marvel shows, from the content to the language, mostly well acted, and the story is really the focus of the show.
    Daredevil is similar with a good bit more action, I'd say if you like one you'll like the other.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Originally posted by rufus View Post
    What? USA and Syfy were playing the pilot over and over all day on Saturday. At first, when I saw it in the guide, I thought they were running all the episodes to date, and I remembered hearing about it, so I had it on in the background while I was on the computer. And so the next episode starts, until they come again to where she's trying to buy insulin, and I'm like , "Whaaaaa, I've already seen this". So I check the guide again, and there it is, "Pilot" over and over and over again.
    Yeah, I saw it on Saturday, when I noticed it was on for 24 hours. It was 3:35, I realized I could watch it at 4:00, so I was watching Friends on TBS, the next episode started at 4:00, totally spaced and kept on watching Friends and remembered at 4:05. I had to leave at 5 for the BU game so that was my only chance. When I got home from the game I was watching the football game. I know, that way too much info about my Saturday and opportunity to watch a new show.

And I'm TOTALLY watching Vinyl!! Can't wait.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

I just signed up for Netflix today, and have watched the first few episodes of Jessica Jones. It's based upon a Marvel comic of the same name that was released under their "Mature" line up, and it really downplays the overall use of special powers in the show, probably for production costs, though they do occasionally appear. Jones is a PI, trying to remain as anonymous as possible, but using her unique skills to perform the jobs that other PIs can't. It's grittier than other Marvel shows, from the content to the language, mostly well acted, and the story is really the focus of the show.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Meh. If they were doing 7th St/1st Ave late 70's early 80's I would watch.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied

Yeah, Feb 14, I think.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X