• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Jubilee might be a dark horse
    I see what you did there. But yeah, I can see her scoring an Ashley S. Hat trick: get wasted, pull Chris Harrison aside, and require medical attention.

My only regret is I waited too long on JoJo and Dr. Mrs. stole her on the penultimate pick. She has the same vibe as B: "I'm the kind of girl the main demo wants to see Ben with." Those girls always go deep into the final rounds as the brood sows identify with them. I went with "nice girl" while Dr. Mrs. went with "hot mess." She's destroying me early but my strategy is for her girls to peel off early enough that I can come from behind. Slow and steady and wait for the crying in the home visits and the outright whoring in the fantasy suites.

My God, though, Ben is dull. He makes Sean Lowe look like Freddie Mercury.
    Last edited by Kepler; 01-20-2016, 06:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

She puts up with 4 months of college football; I got earn it back strategically.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OSpjnK5U50

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    As someone who watched 90210 because womenfolk would come over...I can see his angle. It's about the long-con.
    She puts up with 4 months of college football; I got earn it back strategically.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    There is no winning while watching that, no matter how you try to fix it up, it's still lipstick on a pig.
    As someone who watched 90210 because womenfolk would come over...I can see his angle. It's about the long-con.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Same here! With some college friends who watch with their wives to score points. I figure, as long as I'm watching, I might as well win while watching. Currently in second, I think Caila and Olivia are my workhorses, though Olivia might crash and burn, and Jubilee might be a dark horse. Lauren B is helping her owner pretty well though.
    There is no winning while watching that, no matter how you try to fix it up, it's still lipstick on a pig.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Bachelor seems good this season after the first 3 episodes. The B himself is a nullity, but the girls are especially catty and inane. Dr. Mrs. and I are playing in a Fantasy League this season, which is a sign of something, anyway.
    Same here! With some college friends who watch with their wives to score points. I figure, as long as I'm watching, I might as well win while watching. Currently in second, I think Caila and Olivia are my workhorses, though Olivia might crash and burn, and Jubilee might be a dark horse. Lauren B is helping her owner pretty well though.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Whose fantasies?
    So far not mine, I'm behind 225-105. But I've got Lauren B., my secret weapon. Dr. Mrs has a coupla criers, so I may be in trouble.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Bachelor seems good this season after the first 3 episodes. The B himself is a nullity, but the girls are especially catty and inane. Dr. Mrs. and I are playing in a Fantasy League this season, which is a sign of something, anyway.
    Whose fantasies?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied

Another vote for the two Marvel series on Netflix... Both are very well done... In fact I'd go as far to say that Killgrave and Wilson Fisk (played by Vincent D'Onofrio in Daredevil) are the best villains Marvel has done thus far... Both bring deep, multi faceted characters to life... Daredevil will release Season 2 on March 18th, so I'd recommend checking out Season 1 sometime before that....

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied

I just signed up for Netflix today, and have watched the first few episodes of Jessica Jones. It's based upon a Marvel comic of the same name that was released under their "Mature" line up, and it really downplays the overall use of special powers in the show, probably for production costs, though they do occasionally appear. Jones is a PI, trying to remain as anonymous as possible, but using her unique skills to perform the jobs that other PIs can't. It's grittier than other Marvel shows, from the content to the language, mostly well acted, and the story is really the focus of the show.
    From different articles I've read about the series, the comic books also have her downplaying her abilities. I do have to say that David Tennant plays his role way too well. There is a lot of underlying themes of abusive relationships and rape.

I found the series amazing to watch and can't wait for season two.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

I've had Amazon Prime for a while now, so this is just getting me access to more stuff. Mostly, I'm interested in their original TV stuff.
    Gotcha. I only used Prime for the Amazon Exclusive stuff (or ordered Season Pass on Amazon). Haven't ever watched a movie on Amazon, thanks to Netflix.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

First Bill Maher back from break is good. Ralph Reed is one scary dude.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Welcome to the rabbit hole. Of course, if you're a big movie guy, that does add a big plus (love their selection of obscure and older movies).
    I've had Amazon Prime for a while now, so this is just getting me access to more stuff. Mostly, I'm interested in their original TV stuff.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

I just signed up for Netflix today, and have watched the first few episodes of Jessica Jones. It's based upon a Marvel comic of the same name that was released under their "Mature" line up, and it really downplays the overall use of special powers in the show, probably for production costs, though they do occasionally appear. Jones is a PI, trying to remain as anonymous as possible, but using her unique skills to perform the jobs that other PIs can't. It's grittier than other Marvel shows, from the content to the language, mostly well acted, and the story is really the focus of the show.
    Welcome to the rabbit hole. Of course, if you're a big movie guy, that does add a big plus (love their selection of obscure and older movies).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X