• Show
Clear All

• The Rube
    replied
    Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Is this worth a spoilers thread?

That was fun.

Like getting back together with an old friend.
    Watching The X Files is like watching the internet in TV form. I don't know what to think of it yet....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Is this worth a spoilers thread?

That was fun.

Like getting back together with an old friend.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

No ****ing way at the end!!!!

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Thoughts on the upcoming reboot of the X-Files?
    I'm excited, but wary.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied

Thoughts on the upcoming reboot of the X-Files?

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I'm finally caught up enough on TiVo to reach the finale of Fargo. Very good miniseries; ending didn't disappoint.
    I'd like to see them go back another generation each season. Like next season could be the rise of Papa Gerhart.

Leave a comment:

• Probert
    replied

Watched the first episode of Mercy Street, I'm a huge Civil War geek, had heard it didn't contain a whole lot of Civil War stuff which wasn't the case. Didn't love it but liked it enough to watch a second episode.

Anybody watch War and Peace? I'm kind of figuring I will wait until all 4 episodes are out and then will watch them all at once.

I also dvr'd Beowulf last night on Esquire network.

Saw the upcoming commercial for the spring Amazing Race the only reality show I watch and they are having teams of You Tube Celebrities oh brother. I almost stopped watching last year when the did the blind dating teams versus the existing couples but probably won't watch this potential disaster.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    That movie still p*sses me off. They had it ALL and ruined it.
    I'm convinced the writers wrote the script while taking Adderall. Nothing else explains the ten minute fascination with that letter opener.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

I'm finally caught up enough on TiVo to reach the finale of Fargo. Very good miniseries; ending didn't disappoint.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I miss those commercials.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    ...The Purge.
    That movie still p*sses me off. They had it ALL and ruined it.

Leave a comment:

• Twitch Boy
    replied

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Not sure where to put this but I stumbled upon 8 Out of 10 Cats yesterday on YouTube with Jimmy Carr. Only watched a few so far but I particularly laughed at carrot in a box (not what you think if you haven't seen it). Not sure if the format will get repetitive or not but I'm going to try a few more eps.
    Be sure to watch the episodes where they play Countdown.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Not sure where to put this but I stumbled upon 8 Out of 10 Cats yesterday on YouTube with Jimmy Carr. Only watched a few so far but I particularly laughed at carrot in a box (not what you think if you haven't seen it). Not sure if the format will get repetitive or not but I'm going to try a few more eps.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    This is particularly disappointing. I'll still give it a shot but it sounds like a great premise ruined. Like The Purge.
    To be fair, Dr. Mrs. strongly disagrees and thinks it was great. I just have an extremely low tolerance for cliche home soap operas (Will the tension drive the parents apart? Will the entitled children learn their parents are not automatic happiness dispensers and are also just struggling from day to day? Will the Dream Boyfriend turn out to have a dark side?)

I am super paranoid that whenever THE MAN gets hold of a good concept he just slaps it as New Jersey brickface onto the same old boring domestic drama house.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Colony pilot was a steaming pile. Just the usual paint by-numbers family soap opera, stuck into what would be an interesting premise if you didn't have to slog through 55 dull cliche minutes to get a combined 5 minutes of that premise. It didn't help that the acting was spectacularly awful except for the guy who played the plastic surgeon adulterer on House.
    This is particularly disappointing. I'll still give it a shot but it sounds like a great premise ruined. Like The Purge.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X