X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unofan
    replied
    Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

I was always more of a fan of the creature feature of the week episodes than the main story arc. But the wife and I will give this a shot.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Home was with the inbred brothers and their mother who was on a dolly under the bed. The song Wonderful Wonderful by Johnny Mathis was played throughout to stark contrast of what was showing onscreen.

Seriously disturbing and messed up episode and maybe my favorite of the ones that don't follow the main arc.
    Yes I remember that, and I wish I didn't. The dolly.....JFC. That sh* is pushing the edge NOWADAYS on networks....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Home was with the inbred brothers and their mother who was on a dolly under the bed. The song Wonderful Wonderful by Johnny Mathis was played throughout to stark contrast of what was showing onscreen.

Seriously disturbing and messed up episode and maybe my favorite of the ones that don't follow the main arc.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

We (the wife and I) still quote that or paraphrase it since we don't remember the exact words - The Bills will NEVER win the Super Bowl!

Was timely and hilarious.
    The clip made the 30 For 30 Four Falls Of Buffalo. As it should have.

But that ep overall...so much depth to why the Smoking Man is what he is.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    There was "Garth" yes.

I'd remember the ep if I saw a recap, etc. Last year or so I burned through the series on Netflix. Mostly just to see the Smoking Man ep where he rips the Bills. That was a fun ep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dh2lkzkPnY

We (the wife and I) still quote that or paraphrase it since we don't remember the exact words - The Bills will NEVER win the Super Bowl!

Was timely and hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

I remembered the lone gunmen and was coming back to say so.

They were fun.

Wasn't there one that looked a little like Garth from Wayne's World?

Remember the episode "Home?"

-shudder-
    There was "Garth" yes.

I'd remember the ep if I saw a recap, etc. Last year or so I burned through the series on Netflix. Mostly just to see the Smoking Man ep where he rips the Bills. That was a fun ep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dh2lkzkPnY

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I accidentally found out about my fave character beforehand.

And the Lone Gunmen:
    http://screencrush.com/442/files/201...=720&cdnnode=1

Edit: crap. Just wiki'd. They are dead. Forgot about that, since that was during the bad years/finish of the X-Files and Lone Gunmen spinoff.

I remembered the lone gunmen and was coming back to say so.

They were fun.

Wasn't there one that looked a little like Garth from Wayne's World?

Remember the episode "Home?"

-shudder-

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

I just love who did come back - my favorite character.

To be honest, I don't recall the lone gunmen...
    I accidentally found out about my fave character beforehand.

And the Lone Gunmen:
    http://screencrush.com/442/files/201...=720&cdnnode=1

Edit: crap. Just wiki'd. They are dead. Forgot about that, since that was during the bad years/finish of the X-Files and Lone Gunmen spinoff.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Pretty much my feelings, too. The second movie sealed that fate.

When the guy brought Mulder to the paranoid people, were you hoping it was the Lone Gunmen? I really hope they come back......

I just love who did come back - my favorite character.

To be honest, I don't recall the lone gunmen...

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

My attitude towards this is that I have nothing invested in the show anymore, so am willing to see where it goes.

I mean, it was fun watching it back in the day, but I haven't watched any of it since and don't feel protective of what it once was.

Point is, if it sucks after another episode or two, I'll simply move on with my life and forget about it.
    Pretty much my feelings, too. The second movie sealed that fate.

When the guy brought Mulder to the paranoid people, were you hoping it was the Lone Gunmen? I really hope they come back......

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

My attitude towards this is that I have nothing invested in the show anymore, so am willing to see where it goes.

I mean, it was fun watching it back in the day, but I haven't watched any of it since and don't feel protective of what it once was.

Point is, if it sucks after another episode or two, I'll simply move on with my life and forget about it.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Actually, the downturn for me started when they moved production from Vancouver to LA.
    Thanks, Tea Leone!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Definitely a show I planned my night around (until Duchovny left, then it went to sh*). I'll watch the 6 eps they have, but I am still a little wary...

Actually, the downturn for me started when they moved production from Vancouver to LA.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

There were parts that made me cringe coz they were cliche, but I'm willing to give it a shot due to my past relationship with the show.

Fridays were all about dinner, getting baked and the X-Files. Was the only show that I've ever made plans with friends around.

We had a blast with it for a few years.
    Definitely a show I planned my night around (until Duchovny left, then it went to sh*). I'll watch the 6 eps they have, but I am still a little wary...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Watching The X Files is like watching the internet in TV form. I don't know what to think of it yet....

There were parts that made me cringe coz they were cliche, but I'm willing to give it a shot due to my past relationship with the show.

Fridays were all about dinner, getting baked and the X-Files. Was the only show that I've ever made plans with friends around.

We had a blast with it for a few years.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X