• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Im 3 episodes in to Mr. Robot...not sure what the hype is about. I mean it is enjoyable and a cool hacker show, but I have zero desire to binge watch it (in fact I cant force myself to watch 2 in a row) and honestly I find it slow and rather stretched out. (so many scenes are really long that need not be) I also think the women on the show are just terrible to listen to talk or try and emote (outside of his doctor) especially his friend at Allsafe.

I am going to finish it, but I am in no hurry.
    I didn't like it as much as everyone else either. Still, give it time. You're not far enough in yet.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Im 3 episodes in to Mr. Robot...not sure what the hype is about. I mean it is enjoyable and a cool hacker show, but I have zero desire to binge watch it (in fact I cant force myself to watch 2 in a row) and honestly I find it slow and rather stretched out. (so many scenes are really long that need not be) I also think the women on the show are just terrible to listen to talk or try and emote (outside of his doctor) especially his friend at Allsafe.

Give it time. It ramps up IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

I just started House of Cards last week and have made it through nine episodes. It was funny to see the that VP thought his new position would give him greater clout in Washington only to then come back to reality of what the VP position actually is. The actor did a great job of making him turn bitter, and then finally accept his role and figure out a way to use it on the campaign trail.

Other than that, Underwood's breaking of the fourth wall is perhaps the best part of the whole show because it's the one time a politician will actually speak the truth - in real life or fiction.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied

The LSU student on Jeopardy oddly doesn't know the answer to 2 of the SEC football related questions.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    There are a lot of subtle digs going on. And some... not so subtle.

Had a big grin the entire episode.

Makes me want to go back and watch some of the originals.
    His little speech in the hotel room to Scully...classic. And spot-on.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    The internet is not good for you, Mulder.

I totally lulzed at that line.

There are a lot of subtle digs going on. And some... not so subtle.

Had a big grin the entire episode.

Makes me want to go back and watch some of the originals.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Loved tonight's ep of X-files.

Hilarious.

The internet is not good for you, Mulder.

I totally lulzed at that line.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Loved tonight's ep of X-files.

Hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

X-Files

Well, here's your monster of the week story. Wish they wouldn't have ended the episode so surely. Prefer those eps to have reasonable doubt either way; it's what makes the show fun.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh season 1, when it was just about a plane crash on an island with some weird sounds. I envy the simple world in which you live at the moment.
    No kidding. Things get nutty pretty quick after that.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied

So, season finale to Curse of Oak Island tomorrow night. They've had a diver reach the bottom of 10-X, apparently going to tell what he saw and touched, previews have him saying he actually picked up a heavy wooden box down there. Also, the show description says something about finding something big in the Money Pit.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    And, because I'm cutting edge, I just began to watch LOST. So far about halfway through year 1; I am really enjoying it. The bad episodes are pretty bad but the good ones are fantastic.
    Ahh season 1, when it was just about a plane crash on an island with some weird sounds. I envy the simple world in which you live at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Just started Expanse. So far I like it: it's what if Outland and Galactica had a baby.

Gave up on Colony. Too bad -- nice concept but incompetent execution.

And, because I'm cutting edge, I just began to watch LOST. So far about halfway through year 1; I am really enjoying it. The bad episodes are pretty bad but the good ones are fantastic.
    Last edited by Kepler; 01-30-2016, 07:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    I was always more of a fan of the creature feature of the week episodes than the main story arc. But the wife and I will give this a shot.
    I think The Post-Modern Prometheus was my favorite.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X