• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handyman
    replied
    Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Lucifer is outstanding.
    The comic is way better (it is a spinoff from Sandman) but the show is quite enjoyable

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Anyone else watching Baskets? Because I am. And I'm loving it. See also: You, Me and the Apocalypse.

... and then keeps going...
    And then just decides to floor it.

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied
    Anyone else watching Baskets? Because I am. And I'm loving it. See also: You, Me and the Apocalypse.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Wait until it really gets going...
    ... and then keeps going...

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Not a big tv guy other than sports but I just started watching Breaking Bad.( several years too late) I'd seen you guys talk about it but never got around to setting my DVR, man thats some twisted stuff going on. I can see why everyone was watching it, good stuff
    Wait until it really gets going...

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Not a big tv guy other than sports but I just started watching Breaking Bad.( several years too late) I'd seen you guys talk about it but never got around to setting my DVR, man thats some twisted stuff going on. I can see why everyone was watching it, good stuff

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Lucifer is outstanding.

Leave a comment:

• bostonewe
    replied

Originally posted by french rage View Post
    without the context of the hammer's original quote text, this came off very differently than intended.

d

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
    I really really want to like it, but, man, it's not that good.
    Without the context of the Hammer's original quote text, this came off very differently than intended.

Leave a comment:

• bostonewe
    replied

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Didn't see this earlier (probably didn't read far enough back), but Better Call Saul returns on the 15th.

If they're bringing that back for Season 2, they'd better do something. Season 1 was an absolute abortion. I can hear Jim Henson spinning in his grave from here.
    I really really want to like it, but, man, it's not that good.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    The Fall is a BBC show, Netflix just has US distribution rights. The Brits crank out a ton of good TV.
    I did not know that.

And I haven't seen the British HOC, because I think a lot of the political stuff would be lost on me, due to not knowing the intricacies of how their politics work.

Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied

Didn't see this earlier (probably didn't read far enough back), but Better Call Saul returns on the 15th.

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I thought I heard Muppets is returning but rebooting. They do that and the 5 people who watch it will quit
    If they're bringing that back for Season 2, they'd better do something. Season 1 was an absolute abortion. I can hear Jim Henson spinning in his grave from here.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    I feel like Orange is spreading itself much too thin and running out of story. A lot of people seemed to like the end of last season, but I thought it reeked of desperation.

House of Cards also went on a downward slope in season 3. I loved it for the politics, but it seemed to turn into a soap opera with a political backstory. Hopefully that changes in season 4.

Muppets returned Tuesday. I thought it was a pretty good episode, but apparently lowest ratings ever. I thought Kep said it had been renewed for a 2nd season already, but who knows if that happens.
    I thought I heard Muppets is returning but rebooting. They do that and the 5 people who watch it will quit

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I didn't like it as much as everyone else either. Still, give it time. You're not far enough in yet.
    I know...I never give up anyways and it is obvious they are setting up a crapload of stuff. I just wish I didnt feel the need to take a two day break after each episode.

Leave a comment:

• FreshFish
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I will warn you, it ramps up in action hardcore, and I think it's because of the initial contract. They didn't know it become this huge of a show, so they accelerated things. And then gave it HGH. And cocaine. And about 8 cases of energy drinks.

That being said, I love the show, and his breaking the fourth wall is spectacular.

Did you ever see the British version? It also is spectacular. I am really impressed that (a) Netflix writers and cast were able to match the quality of the original, which is absolutely fantastic, and (b) they were able to adapt it so well from the British political system (Prime Minister, House of Commons, king, ministers, etc.) to the US political system.

I was a bit surprised that there is a Season 4....if the US version ends in analogous manner to the British version, watch out for some spectacular fireworks to come.

If you haven't seen the British version yet, don't watch it until the US version ends, so that you can be equally stunned by the ending. (while it doesn't yet mean anything to you, "Trust Corder"... wow.)
    Last edited by FreshFish; 02-04-2016, 04:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

HoC jumped the shark the second they cast Kevin Spacey.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X