• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rube
    replied
    Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

House Of Cards on March 4.

Better Call Saul this Monday. Trying to decide if I want to pay for the season pass on Amazon for this. If I do, I'll slum it for the SD (not HD) version. $17 vs $25...with a non-SFX show like this...that's a big price difference. Not worth it.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I can't get enough Jessica Jones.
    Really well done, and season 2 can't arrive soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

I can't get enough Jessica Jones.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

I find it a bit more diverse than that, but it is a sitcom most of which are fairly formulaic.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Blackish. I'm halfway into S1 and I like this show. Anthony Anderson is great, but the lady that plays the mom is phenomenal and the kids are really well cast. Laurence Fishburne doesn't hurt either.
    To each their own, but I couldn't stand it. Every episode is him blowing some perceived slight out of proportion and then whining the entire rest of the episode.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Blackish. I'm halfway into S1 and I like this show. Anthony Anderson is great, but the lady that plays the mom is phenomenal and the kids are really well cast. Laurence Fishburne doesn't hurt either.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Nova was at its peak tonight. It was about memories, how they're formed, and how they can be modified.

Or erased.

There were more than a few moments watching where I actually gasped.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    I just learned that American Gods, Neil Gaiman book, has been made into a TV series for Starz. It's going to be a long time before I get to see that show. I've already grown impatient with the wait and it's been in my head for all of five minutes.
    Ooooooh. That was the first fiction book since I was a wee lad that I enjoyed, or hell, even read voluntarily. And I plowed through that book during the wait/flight home from CO (about 4 hours total). Loved it.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

I just learned that American Gods, Neil Gaiman book, has been made into a TV series for Starz. It's going to be a long time before I get to see that show. I've already grown impatient with the wait and it's been in my head for all of five minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

I'm finding extremely mixed reviews based on who I talk to. It's a love it or hate it kind of show. Apparently enough people are coming back to it to garner a 2.0 rating (pretty **** high for Fox on a Monday as I understand it).

It's definitely not for everyone. Either the main character is going to come off as an abrasive doosh or a charming antihero. There isn't an in between.
    There is a reason for that...I mean he is the devil

It is the same way in the comics, he is really an enjoyable character that is at the same time an arrogant who is used to the throne of hell. It has always been an interesting take Gaiman came up with.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Samantha Bee's new show is pretty good. Lots of Daily Show roots in there. Her and John Oliver were two of my faves and it's nice to see them both with their own shows. Oliver's comes back this Sunday and it's brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I need to double back and try it. Caught a tiny portion of last night's episode and thought "Angel meets Sleepy Hollow."
    I'm finding extremely mixed reviews based on who I talk to. It's a love it or hate it kind of show. Apparently enough people are coming back to it to garner a 2.0 rating (pretty **** high for Fox on a Monday as I understand it).

It's definitely not for everyone. Either the main character is going to come off as an abrasive doosh or a charming antihero. There isn't an in between.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Lucifer is outstanding.
    I need to double back and try it. Caught a tiny portion of last night's episode and thought "Angel meets Sleepy Hollow."

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

X Files

Well, back to the Monster Of The Week. Good episode, but it seems like they are trying to cram too much into these 6 eps to please everyone, and hoping that the series will be brought back for a couple more full seasons to finally get all the answers. Right now, the whole government thing they started with hasn't even been mentioned in the last two eps. Have no clue where this is going to end up.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Fox is really nailing the comic adaptations. The two they've picked up are excellent.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X