• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rube
    replied
    Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Better Call Saul

Loved it last year, but got busy towards the end of the season and didn't see the last 2.

Watched 6-10 over the past 24 hours and gotta say I absolutely love this show.

There are aspects of it that I like better than BB.
    I'll probably spring for the season pass. Thought about it today, and I'd rather not wait months to see it on Netflix.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Better Call Saul

Loved it last year, but got busy towards the end of the season and didn't see the last 2.

Yeah as crazy as it sounds the writing is even tighter than BB. I mean, BB will always be first, but the first season of BCS felt like you had the experience of 6 seasons of BB working for it. Look at his brother, who figured when the show started that would be some crappy B-plot about his wacky brother who's afraid of electricity. And they just tied that in so beautifully, and did it over 10 episodes, such a great long game.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Walking Dead last night was enjoyable.

Just when I'm getting bored with it (as I go through every season), they suck me back in with a good episode.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Better Call Saul

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Did anyone watch Vinyl last night? I was too busy catching up with all my shows on my DVR and missed it. I know there will be several opportunities to catch it this week, or On Demand. Looks interesting. And I love me some Bobby Cannavale.
    Not with that haircut you won't.

I caught about the first half hour of it before I went to bed, sorta half-watching while I was at the computer. I know I'll keep watching, cause hey, rock and roll. But a couple things did bug me initially. First was the association of real bands with the fictional record label. Just took me out of it, cause everyone knows that Zeppelin was on Atlantic Records. Couldn't get past my suspension of disbelief. Second was the casting of Ray Romano. Just hearing his voice and all I can picture is Everybody Loves Raymond. Again, suspension of disbelief.

And James Jagger sounds just like his father. Not sure if that's an intentional decision for his character, or that's just how he is.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Did anyone watch Vinyl last night? I was too busy catching up with all my shows on my DVR and missed it. I know there will be several opportunities to catch it this week, or On Demand. Looks interesting. And I love me some Bobby Cannavale.
    I'm going to watch it tonight. I had hockey last night.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Almost finished with Mr. Robot season 1...it got better but is very very cliche in many parts. The reveal of who Mr. Robot is was so obvious I had it pegged 20 minutes into episode one. Ruined what had been 3 great episodes in a row. I hope the finale fixes that.

edit: W T F...terrible ending to the season. I dont get why people love this show so much...just watch Fight Club it is over faster and at least the narrative works better.
    I think we agree on this one. I didn't really get all the hype either.

On another note, The Good Wife is ending and it makes me sad. This season has been so good. Might be my favorite of them all and that's saying something because my favorite character left last season.

Oh, well. 8 more episodes to enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Almost finished with Mr. Robot season 1...it got better but is very very cliche in many parts. The reveal of who Mr. Robot is was so obvious I had it pegged 20 minutes into episode one. Ruined what had been 3 great episodes in a row. I hope the finale fixes that.

edit: W T F...terrible ending to the season. I dont get why people love this show so much...just watch Fight Club it is over faster and at least the narrative works better.
    Last edited by Handyman; 02-15-2016, 01:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    March 16 - The Americans will be back!
    Hell. Yes.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

March 16 - The Americans will be back!

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Yeah, but you're getting a disproportionately larger amount of pixels per dollar!
    If it was The Matrix, or 300, or Star Wars...sure. But Better Call Saul? Meh. I'll probably spring for the SD, just so I don't have to wait a year to see it on Netflix. It's a good show.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Yeah, but you're getting a disproportionately larger amount of pixels per dollar!

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    It's $8
    It's not the actual dollar amount, it's the % difference that bothers me. /principleofthething

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

It's $8

Leave a comment:

Working...
X