This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

I remember the existence of Dark Shadows. But it was kinda fun watching a bit of the marathon on Decades Channel.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      Thought about that, but figured that they wouldn't go for it on a network like ABC.
      They've been breaking "Once Upon A Time" into half seasons with separate arc's for the last three years.

Astronaut Wives Club was only a 10 or 11 episode run (granted that was summer programming and only one season).

ABC seems a little more willing recently to gamble on shorter "seasons".
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I saw an ad on the side of a bus this morning for a three-part series on SyFY based on Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke, starting December 14.

I remember liking the book very much, but I can't remember much about the plot other than the surprise ending.
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Just binge-watched season 3 of The Americans. Holy crap! Can't wait for 4.

Now into Homeland 4 and it's off to a much better start than 3.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            It's not TV, but a few may be interested -- BroadwayHD
            Wow. That has potential. Too bad Broadway has sucked for the last 30 years. How about "OffBroadwayHD"?
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Watched Wicked City premiere last night after hockey. I dunno. I wasn't that impressed. I'm probably going to skip it.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Just binge-watched season 3 of The Americans. Holy crap! Can't wait for 4.

Now into Homeland 4 and it's off to a much better start than 3.
                Don't do it! Don't do it! Crap. She did it.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Through the first 3 episodes of The Leftovers season 2. First episode was ok, second brought it all together very nicely, and I was really excited for this season after the first 2 episodes. Then I watched the 3rd, and it was a completely different storyline, that I quickly realized I didn't care about at all. I guess I'll have to suffer through these episodes on the "Laurie" storyline, to follow the "Texas" story.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Several weeks into Colbert's Late Show, it's basically must see TV at this point when he's got a good guest. His interview with Hillary was excellent, but his interview on the same night with Carrie Brownstein* was one for the ages. He's just so smart and interesting and genuine.

(* Admittedly, I have such an over-the-top geek crush on her I am not a disinterested party.)
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So I stumbled upon "Adam Ruins Everything" on TruTV, anyone else enjoying this show? The format can be a little frustrating but the information is fascinating, although I have known quite a bit of it, but maybe not to the extent that he explains things.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Several weeks into Colbert's Late Show, it's basically must see TV at this point when he's got a good guest. His interview with Hillary was excellent, but his interview on the same night with Carrie Brownstein* was one for the ages. He's just so smart and interesting and genuine.

(* Admittedly, I have such an over-the-top geek crush on her I am not a disinterested party.)
                        Would love to watch it, but never stay up that late and CBS won't add it to Hulu since it's pushing its own streaming service which costs just as much. Because when I pay 9 buck per month for lots of networks' shows, that means I'll pay the same amount for just one network's shows.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          Would love to watch it, but never stay up that late and CBS won't add it to Hulu since it's pushing its own streaming service which costs just as much. Because when I pay 9 buck per month for lots of networks' shows, that means I'll pay the same amount for just one network's shows.
                          Yes, CBS is on the Naughty List, for sure with that move. You can stream the past couple episodes of all their shows from their own site, but not from Hulu. Irritating. The video quality on their site is glitch.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            TiVi rules everything around me.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              TiVi rules everything around me.
                              Other than being a town in Azerbaijan, what is TiVi?
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                                ...and The Muppets just got picked up for a (nearly)full-season.
                                Originally posted by dicaslover
                                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X