• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rube
    replied
    Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The X Files' first rule is: No Closure Ever. You have only yourself to blame if you expected something else.
    *sigh* you are correct. I should have known better. BUT I WANTED TO BELIEVE!!!!!

To echo Gurt: Jimmy is just like Walter. He found something he's good at, and just can't resist. It makes HIM happy....just needed that nudge/reason/whatever rationalization.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Well, then. I suspect that I know what caused Jimmy to tilt into Saul. It's just a matter of the actual action(s).

Just watched.

Was another really good ep.

He just can't help himself and then add in the disapproving brother that he could never please and it's shaping up.

Wonder if they'll bring this guy back at some later point...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP_4z4IoYHs

Leave a comment:

• MaizeRage
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Has Marcia Clark taken an overly dramatic puff from a cig while announcing OJ will be "taken to trial"? Has Johnnie Cochran shout-hissed "CHOOSE A SIDE!!!!"? Because those previews were so camptastic, that Joan Collins would be proud.

I don't shell out for cable like the idiot masses, so I have to ask.
    The acting is really good in it, actually(except for Travolta). I would have thought Oscar Isaacs was a no-brainer for best miniseries actor, but Courtney B. Vance is going to give him a serious run for his money.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    The ending was spectacular. The setup for the ending was spectacular. You couldn't of asked for anything better.
    Opinions vary. I thought it was silly with stupid sprinkled on top.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The X Files finale was a hot mess.
    The ending was spectacular. The setup for the ending was spectacular. You couldn't of asked for anything better.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    While it was "hurried" into cramming a lot of the endgame into only an hour, it was decent. That "ending" though...AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I should have known better, but I wanted to believe (don't pardon the pun) that we'd finally have some closure. Nope.
    The X Files' first rule is: No Closure Ever. You have only yourself to blame if you expected something else.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Has Marcia Clark taken an overly dramatic puff from a cig while announcing OJ will be "taken to trial"? Has Johnnie Cochran shout-hissed "CHOOSE A SIDE!!!!"? Because those previews were so camptastic, that Joan Collins would be proud.

if they would just show all eleventeen episodes in order all ready, mookie would camp out and grow bed sores.

johnny is going to tell darden "i'm not here for respect, i'm here TO WIN!!"

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

The X Files finale was a hot mess.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    man this OJ thingy is getting amusing...

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    That's the X-files.

Every time it feels like you're getting close, they move the goalposts. Was that way back in the day also.

I will say that a TON was revealed last night and in ep 1.

All of that stuff is now revealed and there's no going back from that part of the storyline.

I'm not interested in an Einstein/Miller spinoff (although I kinda liked them and how they were used in this mini-series), but I'll watch more if they bring back Mulder and Scully.
    I thought MAYBE, FINALLY, they would get some closure, but nope. And I heard this morning that negotiations with Duchovny/Anderson haven't even started. So, don't think much will happen.

As far as Better Call Saul...it was a big hint before, and now it's a for-sure: brother's shadow/watching eye. "You think I'm a hack-lawyer now? Oh, just you wait..." sorta thing. And the cracks in Jimmy's romantic relationship have been cemented.

One flaw I can see now, and it's obvious...wouldn't SOMEone recognize "Saul" as Jimmy and start asking questions? They could explain that, I suppose, in future eps, but it is a question that should be answered...

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

man this OJ thingy is getting amusing...

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Lucifer was just ok this week. The last five minutes were the best part.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Ferguson was the best...but I kinda like how Corden does it though I dont watch much.

Agreed on all accounts. I thought Corden's approach is interesting. But I don't watch as much. Rather, I don't make it a point to watch like I did with Ferguson.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    It's really too bad that Craig Ferguson isn't doing his late-late show anymore. He had the best interviews going, about as natural as I've seen and just having fun with whoever was on that night. I was watching Colbert's interview with Casey Affleck when in the sidebar there was listed an old Ferguson show interview. I clicked it after the Affleck interview and I could really spend all day here in the office watching Ferguson.
    Ferguson was the best...but I kinda like how Corden does it though I dont watch much.

Leave a comment:

• Pump It Up
    replied

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Well, then. I suspect that I know what caused Jimmy to tilt into Saul. It's just a matter of the actual action(s).
    A Hoboken Squat Cobbler?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X