X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Now you've got me really wanting to see that season for the LOLs.
    It got redonkulous, and I shut it off after "Anne Frank" showed up. That just was too far. I did read the summary on wiki, because curiosity, and so glad I stopped watching. Terrible.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The aliens were a metaphor for God, and in general it was about science vs faith. Mental illness caused by sin rather than brain chemistry. Brent I think should read up on it and give it a second chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        The aliens were a metaphor for God, and in general it was about science vs faith. Mental illness caused by sin rather than brain chemistry. Brent I think should read up on it and give it a second chance.
        Not the Asylum season. I might end up trying out the other seasons, but with less expectations.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Started "Coven" AHS.

This is my kinda effed up story. Sometimes a little TOO effed up (the mother of the dead kid thing), but comes with the territory, I guess.

Hopefully the quality continues. I'm through 3 eps.

Comment

Looking forward to season 2 of Fargo. Starts Monday on FX at 9. Going to be tough to top season 1 but with the cast they have for this season it is quite possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFVNi8gUEy4
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

After losing key characters to Actors/Actresses leaving the show The Good Wife has reinvented itself quite well. I dare say this might end up being my favorite season the way the writing has gone so far.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                After losing key characters to Actors/Actresses leaving the show The Good Wife has reinvented itself quite well. I dare say this might end up being my favorite season the way the writing has gone so far.
                I still have to get through last season somehow, but I still haven't got used to watching shows via laptop since I moved here for whatever reason. The only season I've made it through since moving here 1 year ago is Hannibal S3. So I'm still behind on:

The Following S3
                The Blacklist S2
                The Goldbergs S2
                The Americans S3
                Top Chef S12
                Homeland S4
                Justified S6
                Tyrant S2
                Parks and Rec S7
                Brooklyn Nine-Nine S2
                Good Wife S6
                Hawaii 5-0 S6
                Parenthood S6
                Deadliest Catch S9

Not sure I'll ever catch up.
                Last edited by Slap Shot; 10-12-2015, 10:42 PM.

Comment

I knew it wouldn't last.

Disney did the impossible: destroyed the Muppets. By making the Muppets “edgy” left-wing partisans who attack Fox News, come out as pro-abortion, and hurl sex jokes, the once-universally beloved franchise has been doomed. First, the leftwing Muppets failed at the box office, and now Kermit and Company are on the verge of having their new television show cancelled.
                  Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                    It's Dead Breitbart. Consider the source.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                      If it gets canceled its because Fozzy Bear has gotten more screen time than Kermit and Piggy combined. Not because of some contrived left winged agenda.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        If it gets canceled its because Fozzy Bear has gotten more screen time than Kermit and Piggy combined. Not because of some contrived left winged agenda.
                        I do like the idea of giving the other characters plot arcs, but we've now had 3 different plot arcs involving him. It's "Dream On Starring Fozzy Bear."

BTW, who the heck is the huge bear? I don't recall him at all from the original Muppets. Was he added later in their run, or is he new?
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          I do like the idea of giving the other characters plot arcs, but we've now had 3 different plot arcs involving him. It's "Dream On Starring Fozzy Bear."

BTW, who the heck is the huge bear? I don't recall him at all from the original Muppets. Was he added later in their run, or is he new?
                          The huge bear, whose name I also forget, isn't new. I think he was added during one of the early movies they made in the 80's.

ETA: He's Bobo the Bear.

ETA2: I was off on his start time, too. He first appeared in an episode of Muppets Tonight with guest star Cindy Crawford.
                          Last edited by St. Clown; 10-13-2015, 09:40 AM.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

After three episodes, I'm shocked but Scream Queens is actually clever and funny. It shouldn't be; it should suck. But it is wickedly sharp at slicing the Achilles tendon of what I'd call "high school girl aspirational young adult woman" dramas. I'd be surprised if it makes it -- it's way too smart for the target demo; but it's possible that it might be so far over their head that they watch it ironically and keep it alive.

Also, Chanel #3 is really cute.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                              When did they "come out as pro-abortion"?

In regards to it being more adult, yes it's not a kid's show, but neither was the original Henson stuff way back when. And it's not exactly like they're going Avenue Q and banging each other. Newsflash people, just because something is animated or puppets doesn't mean you can drop your kids there and not bother reviewing it yourself.

As for the show itself, it's OK so far, some good jokes but it also hasn't been a home run. It seems like they're still finding their footing. I'll watch since there's nothing else on and mainly because it's on before Fresh Off The Boat. (Speaking of FotB, I haven't heard it discussed here, but that's a solid show. It's what Blackish would be if they had a good cast and writers who understood anything about subtlety.)

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                When did they "come out as pro-abortion"?

In regards to it being more adult, yes it's not a kid's show, but neither was the original Henson stuff way back when. And it's not exactly like they're going Avenue Q and banging each other. Newsflash people, just because something is animated or puppets doesn't mean you can drop your kids there and not bother reviewing it yourself.

As for the show itself, it's OK so far, some good jokes but it also hasn't been a home run. It seems like they're still finding their footing. I'll watch since there's nothing else on and mainly because it's on before Fresh Off The Boat. (Speaking of FotB, I haven't heard it discussed here, but that's a solid show. It's what Blackish would be if they had a good cast and writers who understood anything about subtlety.)
                                The dialog itself is pretty weak. The stuff that happens in the background and just barely in-frame is hilarious.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X