• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Rage
    replied
    Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Yeah, HOC brought back everything that made it great in the first place. Thoroughly impressed.
    Yeah in the end season 3 was pretty much setting the table so that season 4 could be really good.

Leave a comment:

• johnnypohlfan
    replied

tWD: Bad*** Carol is bad***.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    The ending was...my lord! Talk about nailing it!!

Clown,

Casual was good but the end of the season kind of went a little weird. Enjoyed it though
    Yeah, HOC brought back everything that made it great in the first place. Thoroughly impressed.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    House Of Cards:

Just watched the last episode. Stone. F*ing. Cold.
    The ending was...my lord! Talk about nailing it!!

Clown,

Casual was good but the end of the season kind of went a little weird. Enjoyed it though

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Casual:

Dark comedy/drama from Hulu, it's pretty well done. The characters have depth, and it's mostly well acted. It tells the story of a sister who has moved in with her single brother due to separation from her husband, with the divorce pending. The family has its issues, to say the least, and the various directors provide a good measure of finding the comedy in it all with out bashing it over our heads.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

House Of Cards:

Just watched the last episode. Stone. F*ing. Cold.

Leave a comment:

• SteveP
    replied

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    The other thing so many guys don't quite comprehend is the getting 17 checks in 17 weeks and then NOTHING the rest of the year...they have to plan for the other 35 weeks of the year and thats not easy for anyone...especially for these guy the parents when they see all the zeros on their bank balance as they try not to overspend.
    FYP http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/c...krupt-parents/

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Holy ****. House of Cards just threw down.
    Dunno what ep you are on, but the one I just finished....

DAYYYYYYYYYUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

And what was brewing, and I hope wouldn't happen, happened. Cheap ploy in the show, IMO. Hidden:

Yates/Claire boinking each other.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Holy ****. House of Cards just threw down.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

That show never does weird stuff like that without explanation...my guess is it means something though I have no idea what. Maybe he is still mad about Hank stealing his fiance on Californication

Nice reference pull.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

That show never does weird stuff like that without explanation...my guess is it means something though I have no idea what. Maybe he is still mad about Hank stealing his fiance on Californication

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Man House of Cards is back and it is killing it! I am not done with the season yet but lord it is back to its Season 1-2 greatness!
    Agreed wholeheartedly. That being said:

Spoilers:
    What the hell was with that clip of the meta-data guy jamming to electronica, while half-naked? That better be explained and I'm not talking "he's just weird." We KNEW that.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Man House of Cards is back and it is killing it! I am not done with the season yet but lord it is back to its Season 1-2 greatness!

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    A lot of them go from not having a pot to **** in to having multiple millions and just have no clue what to do.

Jeff Fisher of the (formerly) St. Louis Rams has a mandatory financial planning meeting with all of his draft picks every year before he'll allow them to sign their contracts. The story goes that he starts off this meeting by bringing a briefcase into the room, opening it, and dropping one million dollars cash on the table in front of all of them. He then proceeds to divvy it up and say "that's 39% in taxes, that's 10% to your agent, that's your mortgage, that's your living expenses, etc." and it's almost all gone by the end.
    The other thing so many guys don't quite comprehend is the getting 17 checks in 17 weeks and then NOTHING the rest of the year...they have to plan for the other 35 weeks of the year and thats not easy for anyone...especially for these guy when they see all the zeros on their bank balance as they try not to overspend.

Leave a comment:

• Twitch Boy
    replied

A lot of them go from not having a pot to **** in to having multiple millions and just have no clue what to do.

Jeff Fisher of the (formerly) St. Louis Rams has a mandatory financial planning meeting with all of his draft picks every year before he'll allow them to sign their contracts. The story goes that he starts off this meeting by bringing a briefcase into the room, opening it, and dropping one million dollars cash on the table in front of all of them. He then proceeds to divvy it up and say "that's 39% in taxes, that's 10% to your agent, that's your mortgage, that's your living expenses, etc." and it's almost all gone by the end.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X