This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

And largely, the growth of those new networks, and more quality programming is due to the widespread growth of cable. The older networks had to adapt, or lose even more viewership than they have.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      And largely, the growth of those new networks, and more quality programming is due to the widespread growth of cable. The older networks had to adapt, or lose even more viewership than they have.
      That and even more exclusively, HBO and Netflix.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Pretty surreal and hilarious to see Oliver appear on Colbert and think back to their beginnings.

God that was good.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          That and even more exclusively, HBO and Netflix.
          SHO had a couple great shows (Californication, Brotherhood) but didn't turn out the volume that HBO had.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Slightly surprised there has been no mention of IFC’s new series “Benders” on here yet! Sneak peek (episode ‘0’) premiered this week, and the series airs on IFC Thursdays at 10. Many short clips as well as that sneak peek episode are available on the IFC Benders site (and of course, YouTube). Good stuff... hope it lasts!

Cheers!!!
            ~TTF
            Dave
            RIT - '90

Comment

After last week's absolute stinker of an episode, my wife and I agreed that if Fear the Walking Dead didn't come up with a riveting season finale, we were done with the show. We're now both anxiously awaiting season two. Wow. Great finale.

Comment

Sleepy Hollow came back with Hot Woody Harrelson gone and a new Big Bad. I'm confused -- I thought they were still trapped back in the 18th century. Apparently Witch Wife and Undead Son are gone, too. I must have completely suppressed last season's finale.

We tried Scream Queens and so far it hasn't been nearly as hideous as advertised, and the humor's perfectly adequate. The show is obviously aimed at girls 15-25, but it's always nice to see Jamie Lee (who is starting to look a lot like Claire Underwood). IINM AHS: Hotel starts next week.

Survivor has retreads but so far it's been pretty good for the strategizing. Peachy looks the same as always. Amazing Race: Phil is starting to look old. Like, Daniel Craig old.

The Muppets was brilliant again. I wonder if Jay Leno realizes that the joke of Fozzie's crush on him is that he's lame? Josh Groban, who I had never heard of, was hilarious.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                  After last week's absolute stinker of an episode, my wife and I agreed that if Fear the Walking Dead didn't come up with a riveting season finale, we were done with the show. We're now both anxiously awaiting season two. Wow. Great finale.
                  I didn't think last week's episode was terrible, but I do agree that the finale was excellent. Sets up the next season very well, with some potentially very intriguing plots to explore.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I can't remember if it was here and GPL or just GPL, but I finally caught up on Gotham. The Joker character is really, really well written and brilliantly acted.

Just a phenomenal character overall.
                    Code:

Comment

Wait, the young kid from Arkham, that's the Joker? Man, I'm thick.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Wait, the young kid from Arkham, that's the Joker? Man, I'm thick.
                        Maybe... I'm thinking it's a red herring though...
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Don't beat yourself up. It took me until the fuel hose part of episode two to wonder and the laughter is infectious line near the end.
                          Code:

Comment

He is not the Joker, he is a character that could be the Joker. The creators have basically said they are going to troll multiple possibilities of who the Joker is but probably never really show him since the Joker almost never has an origin. (and is worthless without Batman) The point is to show how a character like the Joker could come about in Gotham.

That said "Jerome" is awesome
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              He is not the Joker, he is a character that could be the Joker. The creators have basically said they are going to troll multiple possibilities of who the Joker is but probably never really show him since the Joker almost never has an origin. (and is worthless without Batman) The point is to show how a character like the Joker could come about in Gotham.

That said "Jerome" is awesome
                              I'm not sure of the legalities of it, but they should have a sane, straight laced kid named "Jack Napier" to really troll people.
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                I'm not sure of the legalities of it, but they should have a sane, straight laced kid named "Jack Napier" to really troll people.
                                It is almost a guarantee that will happen, people have been expecting it since the pilot. WB owns all versions of the Joker including the Batman '89 Jack Napier one (they referenced him in comics after the movie) so sooner or later it will happen.

Watching Nygma devolve into madness is pretty creepy and awesome!
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X