X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Didn't watch True Detective?
    Good call but as post above describes. That was an entirely different show.

Heroes was the same show.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
      I'm thinking there is some hitch with Disney partially owning the rights maybe... Seems like it should be there, but who knows when The Mouse is involved...
      AFAIK that's may be the issue.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Didn't watch True Detective?
        Or The OC?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Oh my god. The Meyers Briggs test for Colbert was a masterpiece.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Well, I'm going to miss Jon Stewart of course but I did check out Trevor Noah's debut and I thought he was fantastic.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Well, I'm going to miss Jon Stewart of course but I did check out Trevor Noah's debut and I thought he was fantastic.
              He was good. We'll see. I miss dad.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Two weeks to the return of Manh(a)ttan!! CSI's Gil Grissom joins the cast. Looking forward to it!
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I watched about 10 minutes of the Muppets tonight. That was enough. They'll never match the original.
                  Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                    I watched about 10 minutes of the Muppets tonight. That was enough. They'll never match the original.
                    I watched most of the episode tonight, missed last week's show. It's not much of what I was hoping to see, but I did like the bit with Fozzie and Jay Leno, and the bit where Kermit unveiled the new billboard.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Quantico appears to be the Terrorism version of How to Get Away with Murder.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Quantico appears to be the Terrorism version of How to Get Away with Murder.
                        Deliberately avoided that show last season, but I watched Quantico, and so far, it's been my favorite of the new season's shows.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

John Oliver continues to be amazing. The piece he did on the refugee's favorite soap opera was wonderful.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            John Oliver continues to be amazing. The piece he did on the refugee's favorite soap opera was wonderful.
                            In 20 years we're all going to look back on this era as an incredibly talent-rich time for late night shows (maybe across all genres): John Stewart, John Oliver, Colbert, Craig Ferguson, Conan. Hell, you can probably throw Letterman in there as well. All are terrific.

The new guys though? Yeesh. Whatshisface who took over for Ferguson, Fallon, Larry Willmore, etc. None do anything for me.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              In 20 years we're all going to look back on this era as an incredibly talent-rich time for late night shows (maybe across all genres): John Stewart, John Oliver, Colbert, Craig Ferguson, Conan. Hell, you can probably throw Letterman in there as well. All are terrific.

The new guys though? Yeesh. Whatshisface who took over for Ferguson, Fallon, Larry Willmore, etc. None do anything for me.
                              It's the golden age of television. Which was really improbable, given just how terrible things had progressively gotten from the 80s through the 90s. It's as if TV divided roughly into thirds starting in 2000. One third is the same mediocre pablum that's always been (sitcoms, family dramas, cop shows). One third embraced garbage and raced to the bottom of the derposphere (reality TV, irritainment, 24-7 "news") and one third stopped worrying about the average viewer and shot up into the stratosphere (late night shows, adult comedies, prestige dramas, weird stuff).

The average show is probably just as stupid as ever, but the top rank, which is all that matters, is better than at any time in television history.

What's our secret? Variance!
                              Last edited by Kepler; 09-30-2015, 02:48 PM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                It's the golden age of television. Which was really improbable, given just how terrible things had progressively gotten from the 80s through the 90s. It's as if TV divided roughly into thirds starting in 2000. One third is the same mediocre pablum that's always been (sitcoms, family dramas, cop shows). One third embraced garbage and raced to the bottom of the derposphere (reality TV, irritainment, 24-7 "news") and one third stopped worrying about the average viewer and shot up into the stratosphere (late night shows, adult comedies, prestige dramas, weird stuff).

The average show is probably just as stupid as ever, but the top rank, which is all that matters, is better than at any time in television history.

What's our secret? Variance!
                                A television historian was doing the morning radio talk show circuit to push his new book a while back. He seemed to be of the impression that TV networks hit their relative peaks when new networks start establishing themselves. He noted that various shows from over the years, going back to the 70's and early 80's with Hill Street Blues as one network's effort to retain viewership due to new competition, along with others, and they were all tied directly to the advent of one station or another. He called out Married... With Children and The Simpsons on Fox in the late 80's and into the early 90's, and then a whole multitude of various cable stations launching original content and their shows' quality over the past ten years. Basically, in a panic, network execs would actually take chances on shows that might not have had a known demographic, but they liked it for whatever reason. Most of these were on the new networks, but some would come along in the old stalwarts, too.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X