X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

The most recent OJ episode (Fuhrman invoking the 5th) was amazing.

I'm about ready to give up on Sleepy Hollow. It's become too much "the Scoobies' weekly mystery," and the new sidekick Wendigo dude is loathsome. Not enough of Ichabod, either.

Like Gotham, it's going to be sad to let it go, but the idiocy::cool ratio has just gotten too high.

Lucifer has the potential to fall into this trap, too, but so far they're somehow staying out of the black hole of cliches. I would really, really be pis-sed if it failed too, but given how lightweight the chick detective is it's a distinct possibility.
    Last edited by Kepler; 04-01-2016, 08:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    I'm about to start watching season 3 of The Americans, watching only when the episodes hit the free streaming on Amazon Prime. I really wish they put the show onto Hulu.
    As you may know, I only watch less than a handful of shows. Currently, I watch 2 (Saul/Americans) so I just buy the season pass from Amazon. I waited for Netflix for the first season of Saul, and I just can't do that again.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

I'm about to start watching season 3 of The Americans, watching only when the episodes hit the free streaming on Amazon Prime. I really wish they put the show onto Hulu.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

The Americans:

Ok, ANOTHER situation that is seemingly impossible to get out of? Nitpick of the show, but at some point, someone's really gotta pay. My crazy theory hidden below, and it's a doozy, and would skyrocket the intensity of the show:

Centre finds out Elizabeth's and Philip's predicament, and somehow arranges Paige to have a talk with Pastor Tim and Alice. All three are terminated in one fell swoop. While it would be a shame, as I am really enjoying Paige's evolution into the plot, that would a MASSIVE gut-wrencher and a true HOLY SH* moment.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    I understand Martin Sheen is doing a "documentary" based upon the book that came out a couple of years ago claiming OJ's kid killed them. Won't be quite the same, but at least some way to get an OJ fix.
    The question is were the Kardashian children involved?

Leave a comment:

• MaizeRage
    replied

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    I understand Martin Sheen is doing a "documentary" based upon the book that came out a couple of years ago claiming OJ's kid killed them. Won't be quite the same, but at least some way to get an OJ fix.
    Hard pass.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post

I'm sad I only have one more week to say this, but People vs. OJ still blows me away. A courtroom scene from a trial 20 years ago that I have at least have some recollection of, and obviously know the final verdict of had me on the edge of my seat last night because it was so tense.

Leave a comment:

• MaizeRage
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Vinyl just keeps getting better.
    The main guy, Captain Whatshisname...his hair deserves an Emmy nomination for all the heavy lifting it is doing. Otherwise, meh. If you're of a certain age and really care about the music of that era, there's plenty of references to keep you entertained.

I'm sad I only have one more week to say this, but People vs. OJ still blows me away. A courtroom scene from a trial 20 years ago that I have at least have some recollection of, and obviously know the final verdict of had me on the edge of my seat last night because it was so tense.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Neither was Roger until about Season 5.
    Oh, no. Roger is always an adult. He's weak, but he's a male -- the first on an American television series in about 25 years.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Neither was Roger until about Season 5.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Oh, it makes me afraid. Probably not their intent, and definitely not for any reason they may have intended.

Now, you kids get off my lawn.
    I don't mean that kind of afraid. I mean the "kids today have no morals!!!" kind of afraid that parents have felt about their children's music ever since Homo habilis teens discovered the back beat and immediately used it to dry hump down by the firepit ("teens" being like 8-year olds since their parents were probably gray at 17).

"If your parents don't hate your music you are not doing it right." -- Iggy Pop (maybe)
    Last edited by Kepler; 03-30-2016, 02:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied

If people my age aren't a little afraid of the music teenagers are making then they aren't doing it right.
    Oh, it makes me afraid. Probably not their intent, and definitely not for any reason they may have intended.

Now, you kids get off my lawn.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    That music is still out there, it's just not the mainstream music these days. You have to search for the good stuff.
    So's Ruth Etting and Annette Hanshaw. Doesn't mean people will find it unless they hear it.

Or for that matter...
    Last edited by Kepler; 03-30-2016, 02:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Because it's so "adult" to drink like they're reinstating prohibition tomorrow, and carry on multiple affairs?
    Don isn't the adult in Mad Men.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Also, if Mad Men made infantile 30-something GQ boys of the '00s start acting like adult men again, maybe Vinyl will get kids interested in music that makes you want to break things, again. If people my age aren't a little afraid of the music teenagers are making then they aren't doing it right.
    That music is still out there, it's just not the mainstream music these days. You have to search for the good stuff.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X