• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: TV, or not TV, that is the question

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    *playing the part, not personal opinion to this extent*:

"Oh, FU has to be a democrat because the evil right-wingers would complain and beech and come down hard because they are crazy and nuts and so insane! FU has to be the evil democrat because the bible-thumpers would bring fire and brimstone otherwise!"

D'okay.

How about FU is just a flat-out a-hole, who gives a crap about which side he loosely associates himself with?

Wrong thread.

/

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Uh huh.
    *playing the part, not personal opinion to this extent*:

"Oh, FU has to be a democrat because the evil right-wingers would complain and beech and come down hard because they are crazy and nuts and so insane! FU has to be the evil democrat because the bible-thumpers would bring fire and brimstone otherwise!"

D'okay.

How about FU is just a flat-out a-hole, who gives a crap about which side he loosely associates himself with?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Oh, I am. That's why I said my initial comment about him being part of the D party. He couldn't really work as an independent, and yes, being a Dem is a safer bet as they are more lenient with some things (for better or for worse) but to say talk radio/tv would be in an uproar if FU was a Repub? Here's some more tinfoil.

Uh huh.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Again, you're simply not paying attention.

Just sayin'.
    Oh, I am. That's why I said my initial comment about him being part of the D party. He couldn't really work as an independent, and yes, being a Dem is a safer bet as they are more lenient with some things (for better or for worse) but to say talk radio/tv would be in an uproar if FU was a Repub? Here's some more tinfoil.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Was trying not to say it, but you're sounding just as nutty as the theoretical right-wingers if FU was a Republican. Just sayin'.

Again, you're simply not paying attention.

Just sayin'.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Then you're not paying attention.
    Was trying not to say it, but you're sounding just as nutty as the theoretical right-wingers if FU was a Republican. Just sayin'.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Walking Dead finale.

Meh.

I like the idea of The Kingdom though.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I really don't believe that one bit. I really don't.

Then you're not paying attention.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Bias?

If you mean the sociopath quip, fair enough.

But if FU was portraying a GOP politician doing all of these things, Faux and AM talk radio would be falling over themselves to play the victim card.

That's not even remotely debatable.

As I said, it was the correct decision to have him be a Dem so they could just have a show without any (manufactured) controversy.
    I really don't believe that one bit. I really don't.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Gonna ignore the bias here...

Bias?

If you mean the sociopath quip, fair enough.

But if FU was portraying a GOP politician doing all of these things, Faux and AM talk radio would be falling over themselves to play the victim card.

That's not even remotely debatable.

As I said, it was the correct decision to have him be a Dem so they could just have a show without any (manufactured) controversy.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I agree with this. Getting power is always more interesting that keeping it.

They were smart to make FU a Dem. If they had made him a Republican the whiners would have peed in, if not sh-at in, the well. This way they could just have a show.

Plus, what's the challenge in making a Republican a sociopath? You don't even need to act.
    Gonna ignore the bias here, but honestly, I feel Frank is a Democrat because that was the only party that would have him (to play off a quote from James Traficant). FU belongs to the FU party. Period.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

It's not the style, it was where Frank was and his position that I enjoyed.

I think the story lines in the House could have been fun/interesting had they been explored for another season or two before moving on to higher offices.
    I agree with this. Getting power is always more interesting that keeping it.

They were smart to make FU a Dem. If they had made him a Republican the whiners would have peed in, if not sh-at in, the well. This way they could just have a show.

Plus, what's the challenge in making a Republican a sociopath? You don't even need to act.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I can see your point about S1, as it was an in-your-face type of show. Obviously we kind of got used to that style, and now (even though this new season is back to that style), we reminisce about S1.

It's not the style, it was where Frank was and his position that I enjoyed.

I think the story lines in the House could have been fun/interesting had they been explored for another season or two before moving on to higher offices.

To be honest, this most recent season was probably my least favorite and I actually enjoyed 3 more.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

I think your plausibility point is valid, however, I think they are doing that to prove how ridiculous US politics is, and what COULD happen, and they are dead on. I mean, when Trump announced he was running last year, who DIDN'T laugh? Yet, here we are. Even Slick Willy (Bill Clinton) has basically said that 99% of the show is dead-on for how things work, the only thing that didn't seem believable was passing the education bill that quickly. I really don't know whether to laugh or cry at that observation.

I can see your point about S1, as it was an in-your-face type of show. Obviously we kind of got used to that style, and now (even though this new season is back to that style), we reminisce about S1.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

HoC

Finished up. Really good show although I think season 1 is my favorite. Would have liked to have spent more time with that era of Frank.

Anyway, see below...

Not a fan of Claire being the VP candidate. I won't say the show Jumped the Shark, but the plausibility is stretched more than the considerable amount that it already was.

My wife is on S4 E3 right now and we don't discuss the show, but this morning she offered that she really hopes that they're not going in the direction of Claire being the VP as the country would never go for that in reality.

Seems she sees it the same way that I do.

We both love that these horrible, despicable people are Dems. Nice touch as the obvious Hollywood angle would be to have them be Republicans.

The next season is in 2017? Would have thought they'd try to have it come out during the fall and the actual election.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X