X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 3: They Heard Me Singing

Alice In Chains - Dirt

At once better AND more depressing than I remember. Angry Chair and Rain When I Die are fantastic.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      UB40 - Rat in the Kitchen

Probably not able to argue that it's their best, but it's definitely my favorite.
      I once saw UB40 play a show with The Smithereens in a tent at Hyland Park in Bloomington during the summer of '90 as a tie-in to a wine party or something weird. Getting high and drinking straight from a bottle of chardonnay (I know wrong color) to Red Red Wine was surreal on so many levels. Adding to the experience I tore my ankle a new one that night and watched the show with my foot in a bucket of ice.

Comment

Indubious - From Zero

Out today. Loving this.

Comment

MPR in MN (89.3, The Current) is doing an A-Z weekend, by song title. It's been pretty awesome. They have upped their game in the past couple of years. Lots of indie, sure, but they have mixed in popular musicians' tracks, oldies, jazz, blues, etc. It's all around now, instead of snooty music that the general masses have never heard of.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I so love the Foo Fighters and they have a new record coming out Concrete and Gold. As usual not only do the just ****ing nail the song but the video is outstanding

Also OMG so much fun

I'd be remiss without playing the original

Still an icon

Just a wonderfully crafted song

My favorite Foos of all time
            Last edited by Slap Shot; 07-01-2017, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Brendon Small, the guy behind Dethklok/Metalocalypse, has new music coming out in August.

If it's as good as his work for "Dethklok," this should be great.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Happened upon this video of Mark Knopfler, Sting, Phil Collins, and Eric Clapton performing Money For Nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CB9OrGZ7-c
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

I just got home from a concert today, mostly Reggae bands. To say it was 420 friendly is an understatement. Wow. The lineup was, in order of appearance:
                  RDGLDGRN
                  The Green
                  Soja
                  Dirty Heads

I'd never listened to any of this stuff prior to today. I'd say my favorite act was Soja. The best single song played during the show was by RDGLDGRN, they did a completely unexpected and fun rendition of The Lion Sleeps Tonight.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    I so love the Foo Fighters and they have a new record coming out Concrete and Gold. As usual not only do the just ****ing nail the song but the video is outstanding

Also OMG so much fun

I'd be remiss without playing the original

Still an icon

Just a wonderfully crafted song

My favorite Foos of all time
                    Grohl is the biggest rockstar of my generation (90s-to-present).

Comment

Actually, I thought I would get more Portishead and Mazzy first, then go with Sneaker Pimps and other downtempo artists.

Comment

Lock it up!

Comment

Working...
                        X