X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 3: They Heard Me Singing

Re-discovered this CD. So good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabba_...to_the_Ramones
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Soundgarden fopp ep vinyl. running the record player through a Bose system and it sounds amazing. Next up: Loud Love reissue
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I'm at my local joint. They've always had some kind of satellite radio playing, with the genre/era dependent on which owner is in. Today, it's mixed.

"Can't Find My Way Home" just shouldn't be covered by modern artists. God that was awful.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          I'm at my local joint. They've always had some kind of satellite radio playing, with the genre/era dependent on which owner is in. Today, it's mixed.

"Can't Find My Way Home" just shouldn't be covered by modern artists. God that was awful.
          I'll agree, but there was a New England artist back in the late 70's named Chris Kleeman, who had play on the regional stations with his cover of that song, which at the time I thought was better than the original. Not sure if I'd still feel that way hearing it now, though.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
            I'll agree, but there was a New England artist back in the late 70's named Chris Kleeman, who had play on the regional stations with his cover of that song, which at the time I thought was better than the original. Not sure if I'd still feel that way hearing it now, though.
            The only cover I like is the House of Lords version, because of course.

Comment

Just listened to my copy of Boy, in I don't know how long. This is the U2 I love, and it was almost enough to make me forget how much I despise them now. Young, earnest, passionate, and creative, especially when you consider they were just barely out of their teens when they recorded this.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Bunch of 90s hits, mostly one-hit wonders:

Bionic Jive- I Shot Lucifer
                Blackstreet- No Diggity
                Aqua- Barbie Girl
                Blur- Song 2
                Cherry Poppin' Daddies- Zoot Suit Riot
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I saw Everclear at Celebrate Fairfax! Saturday night. They're touring the 20th anniversary of So Much for the Afterglow, which is a genuinely great album.

Art Alexakis is the only original still in the band which is fine because none of the other guys matter. 80% of their set was from the album, with the rest split between really old pre-fame songs for the hard core fans (there were several in attendance) and a few later releases which were as awful as you would imagine. They brought the house down with "Father of Mine" (Christ, Art, you're 55 -- get over it) and a hundred drunk Virginia good ol' boys were openly weeping about their deadbeat dads.

The opening acts were Fastball and Vertical Horizon. I had absolutely no memory of the latter. When the former did "The Way" I commented that it was the worst cover of the (in 1998, amazingly kick-as-s) song I'd ever heard, and then learned it was the original band doing it. Sad!
                  Last edited by Kepler; 06-12-2017, 11:50 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    I saw Everclear at Celebrate Fairfax! Saturday night. They're touring the 20th anniversary of So Much for the Afterglow, which is a genuinely great album.

Art Alexakis is the only original still in the band which is fine because none of the other guys matter. 80% of their set was from the album, with the rest split between really old pre-fame songs for the hard core fans (there were several in attendance) and a few later releases which were as awful as you would imagine. They brought the house down with "Father of Mine" (Christ, Art, you're 55 -- get over it) and a hundred drunk Virginia good ol' boys were openly weeping about their deadbeat dads.

The opening acts were Fastball and Vertical Horizon. I had absolutely no memory of the latter. When the former did "The Way" I commented that it was the worst cover of the (in 1998, amazingly kick-as-s) song I'd ever heard, and then learned it was the original band doing it. Sad!
                    So Fastball didn't age well.

As for Vertical Horizon, they had a couple hits with "Everything You Want" and "You're A God."
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Speaking of third-rate grunge ripoff acts, let me know when Seven Mary Three is reuniting. They might still be worthy of opening for Creed and/or Live.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Speaking of third-rate grunge ripoff acts, let me know when Seven Mary Three is reuniting. They might still be worthy of opening for Creed and/or Live.
                        Them and Our Lady Peace

Comment

Pink Floyd - P.U.L.S.E.

As I drove from Eveleth to International Falls at night in a downpour with quite the display of lightning.

Sorrow was particularly cool with that backdrop.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                            As for Vertical Horizon, they had a couple hits with "Everything You Want" and "You're A God."
                            Dr. Mrs. was amazed I had never heard either song.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Dr. Mrs. was amazed I had never heard either song.
                              "Everything You Want" is also known as "Super Cock Block Frustrations."
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Drove home from work tonight with "Green" by R.E.M. in the CD player. "Orange Crush and "Turn You Inside Out" are excellent driving songs. Good reminder that summer is here.

Comment

Working...
                                X