X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 3: They Heard Me Singing

This got me in the mood, so...

Talking Heads 8/24/79 Boston FM broadcast

Great to be hearing while I'm cleaning up the disaster that the kitchen became after enchiladas and margs.

Rufus - I have it coz my sister got it. She bought it on iTunes and I belive it's the whole thing.

She was the one who got me into Talking Heads. And Rush... and Floyd... etc...

Thanks though.

EDIT: Wife walks through kitchen and says, "I like (the) Talking Heads, but I always feel like he's shouting at me. Kinda like the B-52s."

Although she loathes the B-52s.

Myself? I always kinda sorta liked the B-52s and then on a whim, agreed to go see them with some waitresses from the restaurant I was working at. Had a blast. Total dance fest and a great show. Summer of 90, I believe.

EDIT 2: Perfect. Take Me to the River ended just as I was wiping down the counters.
    Last edited by Gurtholfin; 04-02-2016, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Fred does kinda shout. That's cause he can't sing.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Fred does kinda shout. That's cause he can't sing.
        Having karoaked the B-52s more than a few times, it's kind of an anti-nasal shout. I'm a dead ringer for his voice, which is a blessing and (more of) a curse.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Listened to "God Shuffled His Feet" by the Crash Test Dummies yesterday since I heard "Afternoons and Coffeespoons" on the radio on Monday. Been a long time since I listened to it, but I still enjoy it.

Comment

"It wasn't a ROCK..."

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              "It wasn't a ROCK..."
              This is one reason I love the internet. Archive footage!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnU3WoQZHJE
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                This is one reason I love the internet. Archive footage!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnU3WoQZHJE
                Awesome, thanks. Love the, "eww" that would make Fallon proud and dancing in the 80s? Well that's how we did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  Stop Making Sense (the lp) is what sealed the deal for me.

The Name of this Band is Talking Heads is great too, but I didn't have that till much later in life.

Remain in Light is my favorite of their studio stuff.
                  Hmm, I'll have to check those live LP's out. This weekend I bought their first few LP's. So far I've spun through Talking Heads: 77 3x and I really really enjoy it. I'll dig into the rest of what I bought as the week progresses. I get easily sidetracked with music so instead of moving on to the 2nd Talking Heads LP right away I jumped into The Specials, of which I only have a best-of for now. Great stuff!
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

This'll be waiting for you at the end of More Songs About......................

My local radio station played this last week, and it just reminded me why I love Talking Heads so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dErdvJrv8JE

And you really should give this a listen. If you're not a fan of dance, then you don't have to watch it, but the score is terrific.

The Catherine Wheel, score by David Byrne. My favorite track from it is probably Dense Beasts, Brian Eno on bass. .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L83KTSOFNM
                    Last edited by rufus; 04-04-2016, 05:28 PM.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

The Movement - Golden

Released today. So incredibly good.

Best (Alternative) (White-boy) reggae (rock) album in quite some time. Far better than recent releases by Slightly Stoopid and Stick Figure who are both favorites of mine.

Second time through and lovin' it.

Going to see Gilmour and this knocked me right the f off my Floyd binge.

Comment

So you were binging, but now you're purging? That sounds healthy.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

David Gilmour...

Um... Yeah...

Comment

I love this music video because of the video shots of the crowd after each song.
                            Culture shock for sure. You can only imagine what they were saying to each other
                            between songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSJbuqkptpQ
                            WISCONSIN HOCKEY: I invoke the power of sauerbraten FF-2006 Milwaukee!

Comment

• Accept: "Balls to the Wall"
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by fritz View Post
                                I love this music video because of the video shots of the crowd after each song.
                                Culture shock for sure. You can only imagine what they were saying to each other
                                between songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSJbuqkptpQ
                                Love it!!!
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X