X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 3: They Heard Me Singing

The Verve- Urban Hymns.
    Arctic Monkeys- Whatever People Say I Am...
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

That Arctic Monkeys album is ten years old now. I still listen to it often.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Just got tickets for X Ambassadors, Young the Giant, Cage the Elephant with a few others.

Comment

Anybody going to the Metallica show at US Bank stadium this summer? It's one of only two concerts they're doing this summer as they're finishing up their new album. I've thought about it as the acoustics should be good in the new place, but I have a feeling the tickets won't be cheap. Plus, I saw them the last time they were in town, 2008 or 2009 - the Death Magnetic tour.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Anybody going to the Metallica show at US Bank stadium this summer? It's one of only two concerts they're doing this summer as they're finishing up their new album. I've thought about it as the acoustics should be good in the new place, but I have a feeling the tickets won't be cheap. Plus, I saw them the last time they were in town, 2008 or 2009 - the Death Magnetic tour.
            Pretty sure it's sold out, and tickets went quick. That being said, saw 'em once (early 2000s?, about 4th row main floor; GA tickets), and not paying those prices to see them again.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

David Gilmour - 3/25/16 (last night) Hollywood Bowl

I love technology.

Very nice audience recording.

He does What Do You Want From Me for (reportedly) the first time at a solo show. Not my first choice (although I like the song enough), but happy that he's adding new songs and hopeful for more by the time he gets to Chicago.

Comment

The Metallica tickets sold out within 10 minutes. You can still get them, obviously, but it'll cost you your first born. Stay tuned to 93x and be a call in winner, I guess.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

It's funny, they had a billboard up for a few days advertising tickets to the concert that lasted well after tickets initially went on sale. That had me thinking that perhaps tickets were still available due to the size of the venue.

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    The Metallica tickets sold out within 10 minutes. You can still get them, obviously, but it'll cost you your first born. Stay tuned to 93x and be a call in winner, I guess.
                    The GnR reunion is likely going to be the same way.

Comment

Deftones...it's been forever since I've listened to them. I've had Around The Fur in rotation for 2days and it still is great imo.

In Axl news, he's subbing in AC/DC and rumor is they'll expand their tour now to play with/open for Gn'R for like 20 shows.

How the hell does he expect to maintain his voice? Err, screech?
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                        In Axl news, he's subbing in AC/DC and rumor is they'll expand their tour now to play with/open for Gn'R for like 20 shows.

How the hell does he expect to maintain his voice? Err, screech?
                        LOL

This is going to be such an effing cash grab for him. Assuming his ego can get through the entire tour, of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          LOL

This is going to be such an effing cash grab for him. Assuming his ego can get through the entire tour, of course.
                          He's going to lose his mind at some point, that may be the end all meltdown for Gn'R and off on the sidelines somewhere Dave Grohl and James Hetfield will be laughing
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

If Axl is indeed subbing (heard it was a baseless rumor before), I'm done with AC/DC. RIP to my favorite band.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Outkast: Stankonia

Sorry miss Jackson, I am for real...
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                If Axl is indeed subbing (heard it was a baseless rumor before), I'm done with AC/DC. RIP to my favorite band.
                                Do you still listen to Highway to Hell?

Comment

Working...
                                X