This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Was at a friend's house on Friday and he's a HUGE Rush fan and we got to talking and he popped in the dvd from the R40 show.

I have regret that I didn't make getting to one of those shows a priority.

Listened to a couple of Rush shows on Saturday in the den, much to the wife's chagrin.

Seriously... Rush = Woman Repellant

And if you're not careful, it can be accelerant as in she might just kill you.

Must be married to the wrong kind of woman.

Comment

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 3: They Heard Me Singing

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Seriously... Rush = Woman Repellant

But awesome dog callers.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Sandinista by The Clash, underrated lp in my opinion.

Next up rubber soul then let it bleed. Old school day for me
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

So Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins (Homer Simpson, smiling politely), has put on some weight since the band's heyday back in the 90s. With the weight, his head has taken on a real Uncle Fester vibe.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            So Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins (Homer Simpson, smiling politely), has put on some weight since the band's heyday back in the 90s. With the weight, his head has taken on a real Uncle Fester vibe.
            He always had the Fester look when he had his head shaved. He's a creepy looking dude.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              He always had the Fester look when he had his head shaved. He's a creepy looking dude.
              I didn't get that from just when he shaved his head, it's the weight gain that really added it for me. His eyes have kind of sunken back into their sockets, and he's gained dark spots just below them. Film him on a grainy 35mm camera, and it would be tough to tell the two apart from one another.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

While I think it deserved it, I'm pretty shocked they gave 1989 album of the year.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

How can The Hollywood Vampires be called a rock "super group" when Johnny Depp is part of the trio? Granted, Alice Cooper and Joe Perry go a long ways towards obtaining that goal, but then bringing in Depp really creates a crash and burn scenario here.

Comment

How can The Hollywood Vampires be called a rock "super group" when Johnny Depp is part of the trio? Granted, Alice Cooper and Joe Perry go a long ways towards obtaining that goal, but then bringing in Depp really creates a crash and burn scenario here.
                    Majority?

Side note: doesn't Depp have his own band? I know Jared Leto does, as well as Keanu...dunno about Depp.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Majority?

Side note: doesn't Depp have his own band? I know Jared Leto does, as well as Keanu...dunno about Depp.
                      Yes, Depp has his own band, and rumor is that they're supposed to be pretty good, but I've never heard it. I don't even know if they've ever even released an album that's been distributed for sale.

Comment

Yes, Depp has his own band, and rumor is that they're supposed to be pretty good, but I've never heard it. I don't even know if they've ever even released an album that's been distributed for sale.
                        I've HEARD that all those bands are okay, but I actually haven't heard them myself.

When I think "supergroup" one of the top ones is Travelling Wilburys. Now THAT'S a supergroup.

Comment

Does it mean I'm old when I can say I've not heard of about 3/4 of those Grammy nominated songs/albums?
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            Does it mean I'm old when I can say I've not heard of about 3/4 of those Grammy nominated songs/albums?
                            I'm not yet 40 and I'm in the same boat. When dxmn said that 1989 had won Album of the Year, I had to look up what that album actually was. Then I was disappointed.

Comment

I'm not yet 40 and I'm in the same boat. When dxmn said that 1989 had won Album of the Year, I had to look up what that album actually was. Then I was disappointed.
                              Didn't know the album, but was familiar with the artist, or at least who she is. This trend is becoming more and more familiar, and I don't really care.

Comment

Didn't know the album, but was familiar with the artist, or at least who she is. This trend is becoming more and more familiar, and I don't really care.
                                Yeah, the more I find myself listening to blues music, old and new, the more I find that I have less and less interest in what's hot in music today. When I do hear something that turns out to be popular in the mainstream it's just a bonus for that rare chat up with the ladies.

Comment

Working...
                                X