• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 3: They Heard Me Singing

Portishead. I so love them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIdrwKL0LZs

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      I have Dummy. Any other albums by them worth checking out?

Also... I wish She Wants Revenge would have released more than 3 albums before calling it quits.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Unfortunately Portishead has only put out 3 studio records. Dummy is by far my favorite. After that go with Live at Roseland and then Third which was their last/most recent studio recording.

Have you ever heard of Over the Rhine? I think you would really enjoy them and for that I recommend Eve, Ohio and Films for Radio. SB I think you would dig them.
        Last edited by Slap Shot; 01-13-2016, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately Portishead has only put out 3 studio records. Dummy is by far my favorite. After that go with Live at Roseland and then Third which was their last/most recent studio recording.

Have you ever heard of Over the Rhine? I think you would really enjoy them and for that I recommend Eve, Ohio and Films for Radio. SB I think you would dig them.
          Okay. I'm always on the hunt for something different to listen to, so I will check them out.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

R.E.M.- Green

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mSmOcmk7uQ

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
              I have Dummy. Any other albums by them worth checking out?

Also... I wish She Wants Revenge would have released more than 3 albums before calling it quits.
              Agree that Live at Roseland is next in line. I'd also recommend Lamb, I'd start with their self titled, and Morcheeba, start with Big Calm.

Comment

Morcheeba Big Calm ya say? I love that one and still remember where I was the first time I heard it.

I recently discovered Mixed Blood Minority and have been listening nearly non-stop the past few days.

Chvrches and Polica have also been in rotation quite a bit of late.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                  Agree that Live at Roseland is next in line. I'd also recommend Lamb, I'd start with their self titled, and Morcheeba, start with Big Calm.
                  Okay. Will put those on the list!

Comment

Outkast- "Stankonia"
                    Outkast- "Speakerboxx/The Love Below"

Will check out more from them, too.

Comment

Some of James Corden's Carpool Karaoke are hit and miss, but I thought the one with Adele was hilarious...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nck6BZga7TQ

Love when she looks at him in surprise when she realizes that he can really sing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        Love when she looks at him in surprise when she realizes that he can really sing.
                        The guy was a successful theater actor in London before coming to the US, London's version of Broadway, so it shouldn't really surprise her that he can sing.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Lots and lots of Bowie concert recordings spanning his career are predictably showing up on the sharing sites and I've grabbed a bunch as I'm a compulsive collector of live shows.

Gonna start digging into them.

3/23/76 from Nassau Coliseum

Comment

Also, not sure if it'll still be running, but VH1 classic had been playing the Ziggy Stardust concert film last weekend, Friday and Saturday nights. I had it on in the background while listening to the hockey games.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Speaking of Over the Rhine, "Changes Come" has been in my head all day today.

Comment

Glenn Frey...

Never was much of an Eagles fan, but a shame to have someone go so young.

Hotel California (the song) though remains along with Bohemian Rhapsody, Stairway to Heaven and a few others as THE memorable songs of my childhood. Not because they were necessarily my favorites, but because they were huge at the time and because of their freaky (to a pre-teen) lyrics and/or subject matter. These songs played a large role in how open minded I became about music which I have carried forward my entire life.

Anyway...

I don't know how to express this in words, but the music of the 70s had a profound impact on that stage of my life and it saddens me and makes me feel old(er) that some of the artists that were big and influential at that time are starting to pass on at a seemingly greater rate.

They just don't do music anymore like they did from 65-75.

Comment

Working...
                                X