X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2015, Part 3: Stanley Cup and Offseason

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
    Which maybe explains why you're playing in a beer league and Goligoski's in the bigs.
    It's pickup, actually, and we have a rule of no slap shots or else you're endlessly derided by all opponents and those who might be your opponents next week.

Still, my wrist shot has cracked one guy's shin pad, caused a goalie to get a new chest protector, and sent a poster to the hospital to check his ankle after the USCHO posters' game in St. Louis. People seem emboldened to block shots when they know slappers aren't coming their way. A nut cup, however, takes a lot more to crack than most anybody's wrist shot can produce.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      This losing streak is starting to wear on me...
      Now you really have to be concerned...

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        Still, my wrist shot has cracked one guy's shin pad, caused a goalie to get a new chest protector, and sent a poster to the hospital to check his ankle after the USCHO posters' game in St. Louis. People seem emboldened to block shots when they know slappers aren't coming their way. A nut cup, however, takes a lot more to crack than most anybody's wrist shot can produce.
        All that wanking paid off, eh?
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
          All that wanking paid off, eh?
          I used to be very strong... because we have a private bathroom at work. I've learned to loosen my grip since then.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Saturday night, Hockey Night in Canada, Montreal and Toronto, Leafs honor Turk Broad, Tim Horton and Dave Keon....... Nothing better.

And then the game starts...... Habs score on their first shot, Leafs get their first shot about 11 minutes into the game and still have just one with just under five left in the first. And the shot on goal was a dump in from outside the blue line.
            Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Whew!

Our long nightmare is finally over.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                Whew!

Boo.
                RPI Pep Band
                GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                  Saturday night, Hockey Night in Canada, Montreal and Toronto, Leafs honor Turk Broda, Tim Horton and Dave Keon....... Nothing better.

And then the game starts...... Habs score on their first shot, Leafs get their first shot about 11 minutes into the game and still have just one with just under five left in the first. And the shot on goal was a dump in from outside the blue line.
                  FYP

As a Canadian, you are hereby sentenced to a year without a Double Double
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Really Sharks?

Comment

All Star Brent Burns guarding air
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        Whew!

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                        Boo.
                        Strange; I rather enjoyed Gurth's post. Not only was the "losing streak" snapped Sunday, my copy of One Goal III arrived Saturday. I'm enjoying that too. Strongly recommended.

Don't worry though. As someone with a secondary rooting interest in the CBJ, I more than understand the rags side of the rags/riches dichotomy. You're entitled to your boo.

Comment

Rumor is that Tampa's first offer to Stamkos is in the area of 8 years, 68 M. That... Isn't going to get it done.

IF he is willing to help the bolts secure their core in the next couple years, I'm guessing 9-9.5M aav will be the magic number. Otherwise, he'll be in the Kane/Toews/Kopitar neighborhood at 10+.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            FYP

As a Canadian, you are hereby sentenced to a year without a Double Double
                            Stupid auto-spell on my tablet. No biggie....I take my Timmies cream, no sugar.
                            Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Great write up contributed to by John Scott...

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/a-guy-like-me/

Was posted on the D-1 side and thought I'd share it here.

Comment

So, Dennis Wideman should be expecting to miss some time, question is... How much?

And this (edit: that, gurt beat me thanks to phone copying issues ) piece today by John Scott in tPlayers Tribune is pretty great. I honestly hope he can pot a couple goals and gets amongst the loudest cheers from the fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X