Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 6: I'm So Over This.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Gear Grinding 6: I'm So Over This.

    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    People who have that high-pitched inflection at the end of sentences or, god even worse, at every comma in a sentence.
    So you're saying 75% of the women under 28yo, and 59% of the men in that same age bracket. I couldn't agree more with you on this. Putting inflection into your voice can be an effective tool for keeping people engaged, but it's far too easy to abuse and worse when every sentence ends the same way. Hipster Dude in my team does this, and he has one of those whiny voices too. He's a smart guy, but it sounds like someone's constant corn-holing him, and thus I never want to hear him speak.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

    Comment


    • Re: Gear Grinding 6: I'm So Over This.

      Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      So you're saying 75% of the women under 28yo, and 59% of the men in that same age bracket. I couldn't agree more with you on this. Putting inflection into your voice can be an effective tool for keeping people engaged, but it's far too easy to abuse and worse when every sentence ends the same way. Hipster Dude in my team does this, and he has one of those whiny voices too. He's a smart guy, but it sounds like someone's constant corn-holing him, and thus I never want to hear him speak.
      It might be higher for women, both percent and age. It's awful. It's like nails on the chalkboard for me. If I'm going to use inflection, I try to keep it towards the sentence. What do YOU think? vs. What do you THINK?
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

      Comment


      • Re: Gear Grinding 6: I'm So Over This.

        Uh ... not smart ...

        Youtube video's posted online by "Anonymous Agents" have issued threats against President Obama, North Dakota's Governor, national guard soldiers, law enforcement officers, and both executives and construction workers involved in the pipeline. The video's were first seen last week.
        http://kfgo.com/news/articles/2016/s...with-pipeline/
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

        North Dakota Hockey:

        Comment


        • Re: Gear Grinding 6: I'm So Over This.

          Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          That video looked like it was the work of a 13 year old kid sitting in his basement.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

          Comment


          • Re: Gear Grinding 6: I'm So Over This.

            Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            That video looked like it was the work of a 13 year old kid sitting in his basement.
            I'm sure you just insulted a ton of tech-savvy 12 year olds.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

            North Dakota Hockey:

            Comment


            • Got a new guy for carts. I showed up at work on Wednesday and I'm hearing reports that he's running into cars and humans with our "mule," an electric cart pushing assistant.

              So, one manager pulls me aside and asks me to show him how it's done. I go outside, start showing him how to steer a line of carts, and he walks away from me.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

              Comment


              • Re: Gear Grinding 6: I'm So Over This.

                Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                Got a new guy for carts. I showed up at work on Wednesday and I'm hearing reports that he's running into cars and humans with our "mule," an electric cart pushing assistant.

                So, one manager pulls me aside and asks me to show him how it's done. I go outside, start showing him how to steer a line of carts, and he walks away from me.
                I'm sure you're good at doing it, and demonstrating it to others. However, if it had been established that the guy was a problem, one of your managers probably should have done the training, or at least been present for it. That would've accomplished two things:

                1. Made it clear to your coworker that management was aware of a problem, and that this was his remedial training/gentle warning. The way you wrote that, made it sound like you just called him over and started trying to instruct him. Problem employees often don't take kindly to direction from more experienced peers. It's why they aren't employed for very long.

                2. The manager can attest he was properly trained on how to use the equipment, so that they can start keeping a record. That will be handy for when he gets fired next month because he still hasn't learned his lesson.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  I'm sure you're good at doing it, and demonstrating it to others. However, if it had been established that the guy was a problem, one of your managers probably should have done the training, or at least been present for it. That would've accomplished two things:

                  1. Made it clear to your coworker that management was aware of a problem, and that this was his remedial training/gentle warning. The way you wrote that, made it sound like you just called him over and started trying to instruct him. Problem employees often don't take kindly to direction from more experienced peers. It's why they aren't employed for very long.

                  2. The manager can attest he was properly trained on how to use the equipment, so that they can start keeping a record. That will be handy for when he gets fired next month because he still hasn't learned his lesson.
                  I tried explaining to him that a manager wanted me to show him how. Still walked away.

                  And "home office" has sent out memos saying that when a cart hits a car, it costs at least $2,000. They want every Sam's Club to be aware of that.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

                  Comment


                  • Re: Gear Grinding 6: I'm So Over This.

                    Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                    I tried explaining to him that a manager wanted me to show him how. Still walked away.

                    And "home office" has sent out memos saying that when a cart hits a car, it costs at least $2,000. They want every Sam's Club to be aware of that.
                    All the more reason a manager should've been present. Just keep doing your thing; he won't last long. By this time next month, he'll be back to sitting on his couch, muttering stuff about "my destiny", and complaining about how society just doesn't understand his special snowflakiness.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Gear Grinding 6: I'm So Over This.

                      Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                      Got a new guy for carts. I showed up at work on Wednesday and I'm hearing reports that he's running into cars and humans with our "mule," an electric cart pushing assistant.

                      So, one manager pulls me aside and asks me to show him how it's done. I go outside, start showing him how to steer a line of carts, and he walks away from me.
                      Sounds incompetent. When I worked at Target we had a cart attendant that was legally blind. Only hit a couple cars a year, and never caused any damage while I was there (would go really slow, and we had plastic carts).
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

                      Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

                      Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

                      Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Gear Grinding 6: I'm So Over This.

                        Never aim a power washer at someone, especially one set to clean concrete. I have a perfect streak across my hand that I get too look at now for a couple days because someone didn't understand that simple concept.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

                        North Dakota Hockey:

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X